OhhKayy this is getting much more involved than I expected.
Perhaps I should tell you what I need the camera to do then you can suggest possible solutions.
1. Take stills from close up to maybe a hundred yards distant.
2. Take video at same distances. Up to several hours worth a day.
3. Must be absolutely quiet at all times. No shutter noise or auto focus noise. No on off beeping, etc. It is a hunting safari.
4. Must have battery life to last all day doing more video than still images.
5. Must have a way of saving 13 days worth of the above. That is how long the trip is.
6. It would be nice if I could use my old minolta lenses but a super zoom that does not need lenses would be ok also.
7. Lets try to keep the cost under $500 unless that is unrealistic.
8. There are 2 of us going on this and a lot of video will be captured on a gopro but that is so wide angle as to be useless at distances over 50 ft.
I am open to any and all suggestions.
Thank you all very nuch.