Continuing in the theme of last week for this challenge let’s see something in a pile! Up to you to determine what to put in your pile. Lots of opportunities here! As always great exposure and great composition will carry the day!
Post until Monday 20 March 2023, at noon GMT/UTC. Voting for 24 hours after that.
Remember, if you post a photo, you may be the winner. Be prepared to host a new challenge.
To submit, click the button labelled "POST TO THREAD" and put your photo title in the first line of the post, above your photo.
. The Fine Print:
- Your fixed-lens camera brand and model must appear in the post. Include additional EXIF data, if you like.
- Enter just one photo.
- No "Likes" or comments until after a winner is declared.
Camera: Any fixed-lens camera, all brands and models. Cell phones included. No DSLRs!
Time: Any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible except photos that have won other POTN competitions.
Size: Photo must be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1600 pixels on the longest side, with no borders.
Post-processing: Do whatever you like, and the voters will decide if it works.
Photo Display: Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible. Please title your photo.
Commenting: No commenting or descriptions on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Do not use the LIKE button until the challenge has ended. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images, and everyone is invited to discuss. People may also post photos after the winners are announced.
Voting: Once the contest is closed on Monday, anyone may cast votes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Places. Even if you didn't enter you may still vote. (1st Place = 3 points, 2nd Place = 2 points, and 3rd Place = 1 point.)
Note - The contest host may also enter a photo and is encouraged to do so. Should the host win, the runner up will host the next challenge to avoid the same person hosting twice in a row.
Hosting: The challenge host is the winner of the last challenge.
- As soon as possible after your win is announced, start a thread in the Competitions forum with this title: Fixed-Lens Challenge #XXX: Subject.
- To use this text and format (i.e., the Rules, etc.) at the start of your new challenge, use the MQ button down in the right corner of this post; then go to the top or bottom of the thread and choose "FORUMS ➔ Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment ➔ Competitions". When the next screen appears, hit "Start a New Thread". The Rules and other text will appear there for you to edit for your new challenge.
- Soon after noon GMT on the next Tuesday, post the sum of the votes for first, second, and third place. If the votes result in a tie, the host will make the final decision.
- If the winner can't be contacted and doesn't respond by Wednesday noon GMT, the second-place winner will host the challenge. If both are unavailable, the third-place winner will host.
Schedule: One challenge every week, on the following schedule
- New Topic: As soon as possible after winning.
- Posting Starts: Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops: Monday noon GMT.
- Winners Announcement: As soon as possible, after Tuesday noon GMT.