Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 01 Oct 2006 (Sunday) 09:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-=Fall 2006 Rebates=- Starting Oct. 15th

inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,579 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Oct 05, 2006 11:30 |  #76

Unfortunately boys, it does. Here's the link:

http://www.boe.ca.gov/​pdf/pub79b.pdf (external link)

Sad...but true.

MCSquared Photography (external link) on WWW
MCSquared Photography (external link) on Flickr
MCSquared Photography (external link) on IG
My name: Manish.

sponsored links
EOS ­ mE
Goldmember
2,491 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 05, 2006 11:34 |  #77

inthedeck wrote in post #2080422 (external link)

Sad...but true.

WTH! :evil: that's just dirty. it's bad enough that we're getting raped on gas prices, high insurance rates, dirty politicians... and now this? man.. what are they going to think of next??

but then again.. if a person is buying all these gear in hopes to build a business in the future, then you should be able to claim it back by claiming
sole proprietorship right? or something along that line?

5DMKII Gripped | 30D Gripped | 50mm f1.4 | 24-70mm f2.8L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS | 430EX | 580EXIIhttps://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=416554
My Reviews:
KATA 3N1 - 25PL Bag, Dolica CF Tripod ZX600B103

inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,579 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Oct 05, 2006 12:14 |  #78

Yeah, but you have to be incorporated to do that...otherwise, you buy everything as an individual. Once incorporated, you can declare a business expense...but, remember, corporate taxes are a PITA! And, you cannot show a loss in the company, for 2 out of 5 years...otherwise, pay the price.

Either way, just declare it...it's easier, and less headache if/when you get audited. Or, don't order online, buy local, and live happy.

EOS ­ mE
Goldmember
2,491 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 05, 2006 12:20 |  #79

grr.. then it really defeats the purpose of buying online at a lower price. expect perhaps getting taxed at a cheaper price when you do declared.

now i'm bummbed...

5DMKII Gripped | 30D Gripped | 50mm f1.4 | 24-70mm f2.8L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS | 430EX | 580EXIIhttps://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=416554
My Reviews:
KATA 3N1 - 25PL Bag, Dolica CF Tripod ZX600B103

inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,579 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Oct 05, 2006 12:34 |  #80

All that buying online does is save you a little bit of time, before you have to pay the taxes...at least in NY & Cali. Basically, depending on when you buy something, the up front savings of tax can be a bonus. Other times, not. There's no 'cheaper' about it. If you go to BB and pay 7.75% on a DVD, then that's the rate that you will have to pay, for a camera/lens/etc. bought online, when it's time to file.

Of course, there are those that don't file/declare their items. Nothing wrong with that...I suppose...till uncle sam catches on, and finds you. Your IP Address/Contact Info. is on the website where you purchased from. Those vendors still have to claim their 'sales' so, you are part of their invoices. Simple.

Oh well, the double rebates are still worth it, in my opinion, as they basically save you tax + some money, in the long run. Better than having to pay full price.

calicokat
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
14,720 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Oct 05, 2006 17:15 |  #81

inthedeck wrote in post #2080422 (external link)

Sad...but true.

I never saw this :eek:

"You are going to fall off a cliff trying to get a better shot someday"- My hopeful and loving wife :eek: :twisted:
My Website (external link)

My Gear

Calicokat 1990-2007 RIP My Loving Kitty

inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,579 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Oct 05, 2006 17:21 |  #82

Well, sucks, doesn't it? However, as ciitizens of this fine country, where things are so cheap, costs money. Whether it be price, tax, or time...

I wonder if this applies to items you buy used...as the tax has already been paid on them? There's a loophole for ya...and could get you out of some trouble, were it to arise.

calicokat
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
14,720 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Oct 05, 2006 17:23 |  #83

inthedeck wrote in post #2081698 (external link)
Well, sucks, doesn't it? However, as ciitizens of this fine country, where things are so cheap, costs money. Whether it be price, tax, or time...

I wonder if this applies to items you buy used...as the tax has already been paid on them? There's a loophole for ya...and could get you out of some trouble, were it to arise.

Yes, all my gear was bought used :eek:

"You are going to fall off a cliff trying to get a better shot someday"- My hopeful and loving wife :eek: :twisted:
My Website (external link)

My Gear

Calicokat 1990-2007 RIP My Loving Kitty

Photorebel
623 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Oct 06, 2006 01:40 |  #84

Canon Double rebates begin 10-15-06

Buy any qualifying Canon product, get a rebate..buy any two different, get double rebates.
A 5D rebate is $300. Buy a qualifying lens or flash unit, the rebate on the 5D is $600. Buy a 30D and another item, get a $200 rebate.
I believe you also retain the rebates on the other items. Looks like they are smaller this time around, until they are doubled. These look like pretty good rebates on the 5D and 30D.

And no, the 300 f/2.8 does not qualify for a rebate.:(

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Canon, or represent Canon in any way. Just sharing some information.

-Jeff
5DIII, 60D, 50 f/1.2L, 85 f/1.8,100 f/2.8L, 24-105f/4L
480 EXII

JK
394 posts
Joined Oct 2004

Oct 06, 2006 02:00 as a reply to  @ Photorebel's post |  #85

Rebates, eh?

Sounds like some new models are coming out way! :D

"You don't take a photograph, you make it." - Ansel Adams
My Gear

Tyreman
Goldmember
1,085 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Oct 06, 2006 02:28 as a reply to  @ Photorebel's post |  #86

This is in the US?

Cambridge, ON.

Lotto
Goldmember
2,750 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Oct 06, 2006 04:52 as a reply to  @ Photorebel's post |  #87

$600 on the 5D? Hmmm.....

5D, 24-105L, 70-200L IS, 85mm Art, Godox

gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
56,713 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Oct 06, 2006 08:36 as a reply to  @ Photorebel's post |  #88

vmad FLAME-ON…
The Canon rebate program is my biggest disappointment with Canon as a company and if anyone from Canon is reading this, FIX THE F***ING thing. In June, I bought three items from the rebate list a XT rebate $100, Speed light rebate $15, and a lens with a $10 rebate. Finally after 3 frustrating attempts, I finally got the $15 and $10 rebates but the $100 rebate is still in limbo with Canon’s claim being that I never bought a XT and I am about to put together the package a fourth time. Luckily, I took the advice of many posters here and documented EVERY FREAKING THING down to the dates I sent things, the people I talk to because it will take multiple phone calls and no one seems to know anyone else and everyone is oh so sorry but cant seem to get anything done.
Bottom line, if you are purchasing the equipment and need the cash back, don’t count on it. Document everything and keep it all until the check clears. Expect to make several phone calls to follow up and keep thing moving forward. Even if all goes well, it will take a long time to get anything back.
FLAME-OFF

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

S ­ Taylor
719 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Oct 06, 2006 08:40 |  #89

Photorebel wrote in post #2083618 (external link)
And no, the 300 f/2.8 does not qualify for a rebate.:(

Yeah, thats too bad. I was hoping for this lens to be on there, but noooooo! I went ahead and ordered it last night anyway.

Couple of DSLRs, number of lenses and other stuff... plenty short on talent.

https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=2200252&pos​tcount=281

Alvy
108 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 06, 2006 09:29 as a reply to  @ Photorebel's post |  #90

I had no problems with the cashback offer here in the UK on the 5D - sent the stuff off to Ireland, got a cheque back in a week and a bit.

http://www.shootlocate​.com (external link)

sponsored links

34,789 views & 0 likes for this thread
-=Fall 2006 Rebates=- Starting Oct. 15th
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.