Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 24 Nov 2006 (Friday) 13:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Football... Some bits and bobs, odds and s*ds...

Tareq
"I am very lazy, a normal consumer"
17,839 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 26, 2006 12:19 as a reply to  @ post 2314956 |  #16

if those shots taken by one of those long primes (300, 400) then i have to go now and buy one.
if some taken by a zoom like 70-200 or 100-400 for example then i will post photos same as these if not less, but not better ofcourse.
Stunning, i love the clarity and color of each shot, really good job, now my camera have a long hard job then;)

Galleries:
http://hamrani.deviant​art.com/gallery/ (external link)
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
Freff
910 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 26, 2006 13:22 as a reply to  @ Tareq's post |  #17

Just great Gavin, love the opportunity to carry your bags on one of these shoots.:cool: :cool:

Tony

"I would give my right arm to be ambidextrous"

"I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure anymore"

My Gear

markgardner
153 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Nov 27, 2006 05:56 |  #18

DwightMcCann wrote in post #2308121 (external link)
My ears are still ringing from the shout of the guy in #2! Just spectacular all, Gavin!

Good ol' Ashley Bayes, can't keep him quiet!!

jcw122
Goldmember
1,940 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Nov 27, 2006 16:07 |  #19

Absolutely outstanding! WOW!

"Ill show you."-John Hammond
Gear List
:D "YES! I AM INVINSIBLE!"-Boris

asolie
Pigeon Queen
4,941 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Nov 27, 2006 21:28 |  #20

Great captures!

--ALyssa :cool:
Gear List ~ Blog (external link) ~ Smugmug (external link)
Photographs are records of life. Pity they don't make music when you put them in a record player. :p

DarrenL
873 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Nov 28, 2006 16:30 |  #21

I'm very new here Gavin but your work is great.

I've seen some of it posted in the sports papers. It is always something to work towards.

Darren

www.dlactionimages.co.​uk (external link)
Sportsshooter Member (external link)

blonde
Buck Naked Floozies
8,405 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 28, 2006 20:52 |  #22

Gavin,

what else is there to say? your work is just stunning as usual!!!!!!!

blonde
Buck Naked Floozies
8,405 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 28, 2006 20:55 |  #23

Tareq wrote in post #2315272 (external link)
if those shots taken by one of those long primes (300, 400) then i have to go now and buy one.
if some taken by a zoom like 70-200 or 100-400 for example then i will post photos same as these if not less, but not better ofcourse.
Stunning, i love the clarity and color of each shot, really good job, now my camera have a long hard job then;)

you do know that he is a professional sports photographer right? i doubt that his equipment is what made these shots stunning....

Tareq
17,839 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 29, 2006 05:48 |  #24

blonde wrote in post #2326755 (external link)
you do know that he is a professional sports photographer right? i doubt that his equipment is what made these shots stunning....

What's wrong with you?
even professional working hard to get better photos, thats why i said my camera and gears have a long hard job, means i need long time to get better photos, and even professional do hard works sometimes, and what is difference between us and professionals, just they are more experiences? Think of it, i saw many good stunning shots from non professional people, so don't act with me as i am idiot silly.

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

Tareq
17,839 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 29, 2006 05:51 as a reply to  @ Tareq's post |  #25

I forget to add that with a good knowledgable photographer, good equipments enough, good time, good editing are the keys for success in photography, and not only professional can have these keys.
Good like Snir, you seems good photographer but you act with some (mostly with me) as we are so ignorants.

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

blonde
Buck Naked Floozies
8,405 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 29, 2006 11:13 |  #26

Tareq,

i am in fact a lousy photographer and i have no problem admitting it. i don't think that you or anyone else is ignorant. i do think that you have an obsession with the gear and every comment you make in every thread is about lenses or cameras. i think that it is insulting that you always comment about the lens and never credit the photographer for doing a good job. the gear is the least important part in the image.

as for what's wrong with me, apparently a lot..

Tall_Paul_2000
919 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Nov 29, 2006 12:23 |  #27

Come on guys - fight nice now please!!

Tareq wrote in post #2328270 (external link)
.......and what is difference between us and professionals, just they are more experiences?

I'd say the difference is that a professional gets paid!

Experience counts for a great deal as too does hard work, but I would say that professionals usually have a higher level of natural aptitude too - an ability to visualise and capture images that the vast majority of us wouldn't. A quick glance at the action section on Bob Martin's website confirms this for me!

As for the equipment issue, yes modern or good kit does make it easier to capture a sharp picture (am talking sport specifically here!) than it would have been with a manual focus system.

However you surely still need to understand the rudiments of exposure, light, composition, white balance, DOF etc (I'm sure I have forgotten something!?) to create a good picture.

And for me it is this which separates a great photographer from a good photographer.....the ability to apply all those variables to the situation they find themselves in and produce a breath-taking image.

The fact that they are professional just means that they get paid for the privilege! :D

That's my 2 penny-worth of thoughts on the subject. Its not aimed at anyone, just putting it out there for everyone!!

But whilst I'm here: Gavin - some great shots.......again!! :D

My Gear
My Portfolio and Website (external link)

blonde
Buck Naked Floozies
8,405 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 29, 2006 12:28 |  #28

you are 100% correct, sorry for hijacking this thread with such a useless fight, i promise no more.

sorry Gavin, and again, keep up the amazing work. you are truly an inspiration to the rest of us!!!

Tareq
17,839 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 29, 2006 12:46 as a reply to  @ blonde's post |  #29

Correct, we all looking to get professional photos even we are not professional.
I commented to these photos as they are so nice good amazing, so whats wrong if i try to do my best to have similar or closer to these photos.
Doesn't matter if professionals get paid, that doesn't mean we have to get piad to have professional photos as well.
About gears i don't blame the photographers because i can feel when you use best gears then all or most your shots are bad then you blame me then i feel upset, i have lots of friends who got normal gears and some have very good gears and we are members in a photography club, when a teacher blame or comment on the photographer then i saw them disapeared or cancelled there membership, but when you tell them that your gear will not make you the best and you have to use it correctly with enough background in photography then any gear wether cheap or expensive you will success in it, that made them to think more of how to use or select there gears and then study photography rules.

So these professional shots are great indeed, no wrong if i try to do the same if i can, or am i wrong to do my best?

Gavin, i am waiting more of your shots, i like them.;)

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

Dale ­ Siscoe
Goldmember
1,001 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 29, 2006 17:14 |  #30

I thought the guy said football....why is this ball round and bounces wierd! GO Chargers !!! hehehe

My Gallery at http://www.dale.zenfol​io.com (external link)

sponsored links

2,613 views & 0 likes for this thread
Football... Some bits and bobs, odds and s*ds...
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.