Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
Thread started 09 Dec 2006 (Saturday) 10:08
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Beautiful BNSF

2005GLI
Goldmember
1,846 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Apr 2005

Dec 10, 2006 23:58 |  #16

you submit it to railpictures.net?

|Canon 80D|40D backup|24-105 F4/L|Sigma 70-200 F/2.8|Sigma 150-500 C|
|Tokina 12-24|Sigma 8mm Fisheye|

Carzee
Cream of the Crop
6,528 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Mar 2005

Dec 11, 2006 00:17 |  #17

That is a beautiful train. Did a fence keep you from getting closer?

Having a bad day? Feeling down? Bantar Gebang Attitude Enhancement Images (external link)

RWK
207 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Dec 11, 2006 01:04 as a reply to  @ Carzee's post |  #18

Hi there,

That is a nice shot. The Trains Magazine photo contest entries had to be in by Nov. 30th. That probably would have been a winning shot.

1 of the prizes is a new Canon XT, said to be worth $1,500. The pic. in the magazine showed a Kit Lens on it though. The grand prize is a 30D and a 6 night Canadian train trip.

Rebel T4i 18-55 IS Kit Lens :cool:
Rebel XT Kit Lens
EF-S 17-85
EF 50 1.8
EF 70-300
EF-S 18-135 STM

J ­ T
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,224 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Dec 11, 2006 09:27 |  #19

bromm wrote in post #2381345 (external link)
Beautiful JT, i'd have that one printed and hung!!! thanks for sharing.

Thanks, bromm. It's definitely one of my keepers that'll see a frame around it some day.

2005GLI wrote in post #2383051 (external link)
you submit it to railpictures.net?

No, but I'll look into that now. Thanks.

Carzee wrote in post #2383098 (external link)
That is a beautiful train. Did a fence keep you from getting closer?

I was standing on an adjacent vehicle bridge. I could have zoomed in a little more, but I preferred the wide shot. I could always crop it closer, too.

RWK wrote in post #2383229 (external link)
Hi there,

That is a nice shot. The Trains Magazine photo contest entries had to be in by Nov. 30th. That probably would have been a winning shot.

1 of the prizes is a new Canon XT, said to be worth $1,500. The pic. in the magazine showed a Kit Lens on it though. The grand prize is a 30D and a 6 night Canadian train trip.

Wow, perhaps I should submit it next year. Thanks for the suggestion. Of course I'm always too late when it comes to stuff like this. And then if I wait until next time, I usually forget.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'text/html'
:lol:

- 5D & 60D (x2), EFS 10-22, EF 17-40L, EF 50 f1.4, EF 24-105L, EF 100-400 L IS

J ­ T
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,224 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Dec 11, 2006 20:38 |  #20

Karl C wrote in post #2386612 (external link)
Nice work, JT. Good exposure and composition along with location.

I'd be very leery about posting photos on RP.net, for a lot of reasons. I do have a couple posted there but that's it. Ask E.M. Bell from here about that site - he'll give you good insight as to why posting photos over there isn't a good idea.

Thanks, Karl.

Too late on not posting there. I already put that picture up. What's the bad news with that site?

- 5D & 60D (x2), EFS 10-22, EF 17-40L, EF 50 f1.4, EF 24-105L, EF 100-400 L IS

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,917 views & 0 likes for this thread
Beautiful BNSF
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.