Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 18 Jan 2007 (Thursday) 00:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

SIGMA DC 18-200 LENS

sachi
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 18, 2007 00:24 |  #1

I have used this lens with my Canon 300/350 and 400D. I am very happy with the results. Any takers? See the two photos here:

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://s48.photobucket​.com …gma%2018-200%20DC%20Lens/ (external link)
Content warning: data

Link:
http://s48.photobucket​.com …gma%2018-200%20DC%20Lens/ (external link)

Lenty007
221 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined May 2006

Jan 18, 2007 01:20 |  #2

Hello, I'll back you up. For about 1 1/2 years I'm using this lens next to a Canon 100mm macro and a Canon 300mm (f/4). Of course the difference is clear but it's and darn good all-round lens to walk around. I was happy to have on hollydays. It did the job extremely well. Combined with a flash it shows remarquable sharp portaits. Or perhaps I'm easily pleased (I didn't think so) :)
Greetings from Ghent, Alain

sachi
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 18, 2007 04:26 |  #3

Yes, Alain. I think it's time newbies like me stopped being apologetic. Here's what the Cameralabs rating says:
Scores (relative to other zooms)
Build quality: Optical quality: Specification: Value: Overall: 17 / 25: 19 / 25: 20 / 25: 22 / 25: 78%

Lightstream
Yoda
14,915 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Jan 18, 2007 04:49 |  #4

If you're expecting top flight performance, you will be disappointed.. but you can't beat these superzooms for convenience and reasonable image quality. If you are not pixel peeping, you should be just fine. :)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

810 views & 0 likes for this thread
SIGMA DC 18-200 LENS
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.