Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 01 Feb 2007 (Thursday) 19:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

PNY CF Card?

metavisual
26 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 01, 2007 19:09 |  #1

I got bit by the Canon bug and just ordered a 350d :)
should be showing up in a few days.

I just noticed that CompUSA is selling PNY 2GB CF cards for 29.99
(79.99 -40.00 INSTANT savings, and then a 10 dollar rebate)
so you pay 39.99 and then a 10 dollar rebate

I would put a link to it but I don't know if that is frowned upon. (this is my first post, I've been lurking for a little while)

I don't see any speed listed, but I was curious if it was decent, as I am somewhat limited as to what I can afford right now.

sponsored links
T.Hogan
309 posts
Joined May 2006

Feb 01, 2007 19:20 |  #2

I've got the PNY 1gig card and the same canera. Works great, not a problen. And thanks for the tip on the 2gig. MUST GO SHOPPING TO THE COMPUSA! And by the way, Welcome to POTN

7d gripped, canon 10-22. canon 50 1.4, canon 135L, Mamiya equipment.

iddie
326 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Feb 01, 2007 22:31 |  #3

PNY is a good compact flash card, but many people on the forums including myself purchase sandisk cards. I think i heard from somewhere that they have a true life time warranty, so if it ever breaks or something goes wrong you can get it replaced ( don't quote me on that ) Welcome to POTN and gratz on your new DSLR

Photography noob, but im learning!
Canon EOS 30D w/ BG-E2 Battery Grip // EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 // EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM

Bogen Manfrotto 3021 Bpro legs w/ 488RC2 head

JoeNangle
22 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 02, 2007 00:13 |  #4

I've gotten all my CF cards from PNY on those Compusa specials, and they've never let me down.

Newegg tends to have pretty cheap CF cards also.

http://www.joenangle.n​et (external link)

thekid24
pro-zack-lee
8,545 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Feb 02, 2007 00:16 |  #5

Ive had PNY in the past and it worked fine. Welcome to POTN and I believe you can post a link to it, heck it might make it easier for some of us to find it if we're wanting to snatch one up.:)

flickr (external link)

metavisual
THREAD ­ STARTER
26 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 02, 2007 06:20 as a reply to  @ thekid24's post |  #6

Great!

Here is the link http://www.compusa.com …CompactFlash_Fl​ash_Memory (external link)

On a side note, I ordered my 350d from BeachCamera.com yesterday afternoon, and it's scheduled to be delivered TODAY! with FREE shipping! I can't believe it. :) :)

jr_senator
Goldmember
4,861 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Feb 02, 2007 06:39 |  #7

I guess I have 10-12 cards and half or more are Kingston. Great price and no problems. http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …c=&Submit.x=18&​Submit.y=7 (external link)

klmigut
199 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 02, 2007 08:36 |  #8

I have a PNY SD card for G-7, works great. I cant comment on the CF Cards

Kim Migut
Indianapolis, IN
Gear List

sponsored links

1,591 views & 0 likes for this thread
PNY CF Card?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.