Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 11 Mar 2007 (Sunday) 23:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Remote Capture with G7?

pingtang
30 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Mar 11, 2007 23:32 |  #1

Hi,

I need a camera that I can connect to a PC and set it to take a photo every minute or so and then store the photos on the PC. My question is, is it possible to do this with the Canon G7 or other Canon compacts? I'm guessing I'd need to connect it via USB to the computer...

Is there software out there (canon or other) that would allow me to do this?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Daniel

Who needs a gear list???

puttick
809 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2002

Mar 12, 2007 13:45 |  #2

Yes, you can do this with a G7, using the included Canon software.

On the installation CD is Zoombrowser. From within Zoombrowser you can call the "Camera Window" and within that is "Remote Capture task". This controls all functions of the camera from the PC, and includes an intervalometer, which is what you need.

I've just tested it on my G7 and easily set it up to take 10 images at 10 sec intervals. You can set however many images (up to 999 I think) and whatever interval you like from 5 secs to 60 mins.

An alternative for tethered shooting is Breezebrowser (www.breezebrowser.com (external link)) which also will drive the G7, or many other Canon cameras.

BTW I highly recommend the G7, and I'm a 5D owner!

Have fun, let us see the results perhaps?

Nigel

PS I used to have an S70, which had an in-built intervalometer for standalone interval shooting (never tried it but it might be of interest to you)

Nigel Puttick
North Yorkshire, UK

pingtang
THREAD ­ STARTER
30 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Mar 12, 2007 16:58 |  #3

Thanks for that mate. That's exactly what I needed.

Daniel

Who needs a gear list???

puttick
809 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2002

Mar 12, 2007 17:06 |  #4

You're welcome.

Nigel Puttick
North Yorkshire, UK

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5,791 views & 0 likes for this thread
Remote Capture with G7?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.