Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 13 Mar 2007 (Tuesday) 10:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Now I'm dreaming of photography gear?

Just ­ Be
Goldmember
1,449 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Mar 13, 2007 10:14 |  #1

I know I love photography, but I didn't know I'd be shopping for gear in my dreams. The only disappointment was waking up without my new gear.

Anyone else dreaming about photography? :lol:

6D, 60D, Various L and non-L Lenses and more gear than I have time to use. ;)

sponsored links
gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
55,550 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 13, 2007 10:30 |  #2

Were there naked models involved? No… Well that just plain sick then. ;):)

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

bcap
MR. PP
7,364 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 13, 2007 10:42 |  #3

I dream all the time about the 1DmkIII ...

Oh so sexy ;)

Bryan
Bryan Caporicci's Personal Blog (external link)
Niagara Falls, Ontario Wedding and Portrait Photographer - Bryan Caporicci Photography (external link)

DrPablo
Goldmember
1,568 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 13, 2007 10:57 |  #4

The best use of $2000 of photography money is to spend a week travelling somewhere worthy of pictures. You can have all the gear in the world, but I'd take a 300D in Yellowstone any day over a 1Ds Mark II in my apartment. You should dream of places, not gear.

Canon 5D Mark IV, 24-105L II, 17 TS-E f/4L, MPE 65, Sigma 50 f/1.4, Sigma 85 f/1.4, 100 f/2.8L, 135 f/2L, 70-200 f/4L, 400 L
Film gear: Agfa 8x10, Cambo 4x5, Noblex 150, Hasselblad 500 C/M

Just ­ Be
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,449 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Mar 13, 2007 10:59 |  #5

DrPablo wrote in post #2863867 (external link)
The best use of $2000 of photography money is to spend a week travelling somewhere worthy of pictures. You can have all the gear in the world, but I'd take a 300D in Yellowstone any day over a 1Ds Mark II in my apartment. You should dream of places, not gear.

Good Idea! I'll have to try that.

6D, 60D, Various L and non-L Lenses and more gear than I have time to use. ;)

Dandaman_24
935 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Mar 13, 2007 11:18 |  #6

Ive had a couple of dreams which included my camera kit. I dreamt i dropped my 1D and L lenses in water. had lost / stolen camera bag, and woke up to check my kit was still there.

Wierd !

Canon 1DMKIIN - 1D - 17-35mm - 24 -70mm - 70-200mm - 580EX - Macbook

takurpic
25 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Mar 13, 2007 11:24 |  #7

A couple of years ago I had a dream that I was shooting a wedding with some new EVF "super camera". The live preview had no delay. It had a fixed lens and covered a ridiculous focal range. It was able to cover this huge range because it utilized digital zoom. The resolution was high enough that there was no visible image degradation regardless of the amount of digital zoom. It was heavy though, and required two verticle handles on the back, sort of like a fixed position machine gun. All the controls were in the handles. The viewfinder was huge, appx 8 inches across.

My dreams aren't usually this vivid, but ethis one really stuck with me!

Oh, and the other night I had a dream that all my gear was stolen :mad: I woke up angry and felt like I was going to vomit!

Always Learning! ;)

zacker
Cream of the Crop
6,006 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Mar 13, 2007 11:27 |  #8

I had a dream once that i was driving my Chevy Blazer through some high snow drifts and I had to keep stopping to move huge trash bags full of Bagles out of the way... I woke up starving! Now THATS strange!!

http://www.theanimalha​ven.com (external link)
My Facebook, Friend me If you want!http://www.facebook.co​m/brokenfencephotograp​hy (external link)

http://www.facebook.co​m/theanimalhaven?ref=t​s (external link)

MazerRakhm
Colonel Mustard
2,277 posts
Joined May 2004

Mar 13, 2007 13:41 |  #9

Full of bagels huh? In my last dream I was leading the defense of the Alamo...

It only got weird from there.

Thanks for looking!
-Kevin
Monkeys are the key to the universe. Since I couldn't find an Oompa Loompa, I am employing monkeys to porter my equipment and be my assistants.
Pearls of Wisdom...
Now remember Ralphie, if you're nose bleeds; you're either picking it too much or not enough. - Chief Wiggam
30D, Kit lens, 70-200 f2.8L, Nifty 50, 16-35 f2.8L
***ksmith.smugmug.com (external link) *** LiveJournal Blog (external link)***SportsShooter Member (external link)***

Paul ­ Tinworth
945 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Mar 13, 2007 13:43 |  #10

I once had a dream that I was on a cargo ship and I stole a 5D... I woke up rather confused! :o

~ Paul
Current kit: Fujifilm X-T1 | XF 16-55 f/2.8 | XF 50-140 f/2.8 | XF 56 f/1.2 | XF 80 f/2.8 Macro
Previously owned: Canon 5D Mark II | 40D | 50 f/1.4 EX | 24-70 f/2.8L | 70-200 f/2.8L | 430EX
Paul Tinworth Photography (external link) - Portraits, Weddings, and Events | Gear-list & feedback

SWPhotoImaging
Goldmember
3,231 posts
Joined Nov 2003

Mar 13, 2007 21:21 |  #11

Last week, I dreamed of this dark beauty with the most incredible pair of zooms and a body that was waterproof. I looked into her liquid crystal eye and she was beckoning me with custom functions. Her vertical grip was inescapable, holding me, making me release her shutter again and again. She wore a sexy black strap thing that was slung low. I'm not sure if dreams mean anything, but somehow I just couldn't get her onto my monopod . . . .

SWPhoto-Imaging

bcap
MR. PP
7,364 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 13, 2007 21:23 |  #12

I just bought the 70-200 2.8L IS .. guess what I'll be dreaming of tonight.

I get it in a week in the mail :|

Bryan
Bryan Caporicci's Personal Blog (external link)
Niagara Falls, Ontario Wedding and Portrait Photographer - Bryan Caporicci Photography (external link)

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Mar 13, 2007 22:26 |  #13

DrPablo wrote in post #2863867 (external link)
The best use of $2000 of photography money is to spend a week travelling somewhere worthy of pictures.

You should dream of places, not gear.

Is there a good camera store there?:)
Years ago I went to St. Martin, Great trip and great camera prices, with US warranty also no tax or S&H, Brought home a Minolta 7xi (remember film?)

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

MazerRakhm
Colonel Mustard
2,277 posts
Joined May 2004

Mar 14, 2007 07:59 |  #14

SWPhotoImaging wrote in post #2866995 (external link)
Last week, I dreamed of this dark beauty with the most incredible pair of zooms and a body that was waterproof. I looked into her liquid crystal eye and she was beckoning me with custom functions. Her vertical grip was inescapable, holding me, making me release her shutter again and again. She wore a sexy black strap thing that was slung low. I'm not sure if dreams mean anything, but somehow I just couldn't get her onto my monopod . . . .

............... :shock: ...............

Wow...

Thanks for looking!
-Kevin
Monkeys are the key to the universe. Since I couldn't find an Oompa Loompa, I am employing monkeys to porter my equipment and be my assistants.
Pearls of Wisdom...
Now remember Ralphie, if you're nose bleeds; you're either picking it too much or not enough. - Chief Wiggam
30D, Kit lens, 70-200 f2.8L, Nifty 50, 16-35 f2.8L
***ksmith.smugmug.com (external link) *** LiveJournal Blog (external link)***SportsShooter Member (external link)***

sblais
I am silly
3,532 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Mar 14, 2007 08:38 |  #15

SWPhotoImaging wrote in post #2866995 (external link)

I never heard of a photography fetish before! :lol: That, or way too much time on your hands and too much imagination (which is a good thing ;))

Sebastien
| Gear List |

There are no great men, only great challenges that ordinary men are forced by circumstances to meet. -- Admiral William Halsey

sponsored links

1,790 views & 0 likes for this thread
Now I'm dreaming of photography gear?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.