Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts 
Thread started 25 Mar 2007 (Sunday) 00:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lone Star Attitude - this is where I've been!

taygull
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 25, 2007 00:09 |  #1

A few months ago a performer I've shot several times and I took our relationship to the next level. He has created a major production called Lone Star Attitude and asked me to do the photography. The initial performance was about a month ago.

The overall project has taken about 2 years to get to the point where it is now a full fledged production that will mostly be "purchased" in the corporate world of conventions.

The name "Lone Star Attitude" is an official trademark, there is a clothing line and a "Lone Star Attitude" store is being constructed in the Dallas area as we speak.

I produced the images and then created a high end album typically found in the upscale wedding environment. I use exclusively GraphiStudio for this type of stuff. The cover will be printed on polished stainless steel.

Below are a few pages from the book, the book will be used to help promote the show to the corporate event planners.

My copy of the book is 13"x13" and what you will see below is the full spread, so it is 13"x26". The text and detail will show up much better in the album then on the net. The client is getting several 4x4 copies of the book to use as give aways and small sales tools.

Anyway...here are a few samples of the book. I'll post a link to my website that has all the pages and a few shots from the show I threw up tonight. Only in the last few days have I gotten permission to put this stuff in my gallery.

Page 1-2

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i100.photobucke​t.com …6/taygull/LSA_B​ook001.jpg (external link)

Page 3-4

http://i100.photobucke​t.com …6/taygull/LSA_B​ook002.jpg (external link)

Page 7-8

http://i100.photobucke​t.com …6/taygull/LSA_B​ook004.jpg (external link)

Page 35-36

http://i100.photobucke​t.com …6/taygull/LSA_B​ook018.jpg (external link)

Page 37-38

http://i100.photobucke​t.com …6/taygull/LSA_B​ook019.jpg (external link)

Page 39 - 40

http://i100.photobucke​t.com …6/taygull/LSA_B​ook020.jpg (external link)

Page 41-42

http://i100.photobucke​t.com …taygull/LSA_Boo​k021_2.jpg (external link)

Here is a link to the complete book. I'm guessing I've got about 80 hours just in the book. Who knows how many hours getting all the shots.

http://www.chrisfritch​iephotography.com …/Gallery/LSA/ls​apage.html (external link)

www.chrisfritchiestudi​os.com (external link)
McKinney, TX

sponsored links
johnstoy
Cream of the Crop
6,646 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 25, 2007 00:31 |  #2

Pretty cool compositions...Way to go... maybe you'll finally have some peace of mind for a few days again... Where are the horses in 41-42? No longhorns in the pics? Armadillos?

John Stoy

www.poconophotos.com (external link)
My Gear List
"Are you only Looking or actually Seeing", from Microbiology 101.

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 25, 2007 06:52 |  #3

John,

The deadline allowed only so much time and space. Version 2 if we do it may have another 10 pages or so. Some of those things we will include. I didn't have an armadillo shots.

McKinney, TX

johnstoy
Cream of the Crop
6,646 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 25, 2007 07:19 |  #4

taygull wrote in post #2926800 (external link)
John,

The deadline allowed only so much time and space. Version 2 if we do it may have another 10 pages or so. Some of those things we will include. I didn't have an armadillo shots.

Just teasin' ya...You have an unlimited array of themes and subjects to chase... It's a good thing you're able to narrow your selections down to do this book...

The lightning power of the guitarist is most awesome...

The armadillo does have a peculiar odor to it though... you might not necessarily want to choose it, while a rose flower would go over better with the ladies...

John Stoy

www.poconophotos.com (external link)
My Gear List
"Are you only Looking or actually Seeing", from Microbiology 101.

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 25, 2007 08:09 |  #5

Very nice overall.
Some things aren't my taste, but I think they'll work well...
Curious how the steel cover works out.
Only nag I've got is about 005.jpg (in the link; the blue image): the 'inserts' are covering up one person, which I think is distracting: You want to see what's there.

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 25, 2007 08:29 as a reply to  @ René Damkot's post |  #6

I don't completely disagree on #5 but it was not much to see anyway and it was the best crop of the horn section.

McKinney, TX

narlus
Cream of the Crop
7,664 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Mar 25, 2007 12:10 |  #7

chris, if the book hasn't gone to printing yet, you can fix a typo on pg 10 ('wandering' was used instead of 'wondering').

i echo René's comments in that it's not really to my tastes/interests, but the hard work you've put in is very evident and there's some real nice stuff in there. good luck and let us know how it turns out (i assume this is to be really tied into a marketing push, to book this guy @ various places?).

www.tinnitus-photography.com (external link)
Facebook link (external link)

gear list

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 25, 2007 12:54 |  #8

So I'm "wondering" the photography is not your taste, the type of music, or the layout?

McKinney, TX

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 25, 2007 13:20 |  #9

For me it's the 'style' of the book: "Good Old Boys" like, to borrow from the Blues Brothers...
Pages like 7-8; 37-38 and 41-42.
Not bad, just not my thing. More "American" I guess...

Why Color Management.
MySpace (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 25, 2007 13:31 |  #10

I would think of "good ole boys" as a somewhat saying it is redneck or almost racist. I'm not sure I see "good ole boy" at all, I see western or Texas. I see the heritage of the 10th largest global economy.

I think you are getting "Texas" confused with a mindset you may have of rednecks driving broken down pickups with a confederate flag in the back window. I don't see how any of the pages say that. Unless of course every time you see a cowboy hat that is what comes to your mind.....then I would have to think that would be stereo typing...and maybe a little bit of reverse discrimination.

McKinney, TX

DwightMcCann
so, what are we talking about?
21,400 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 25, 2007 13:34 |  #11

There will always be things that are not to everyone's taste and does not mean they should be changed as I think Rene is saying ... there are things not to my taste in this book although I gave opinions and corrections in several iterations, some taken and some ignored. This was a HUGE amount of work, first time experience, and much beyond what I could do. Heck, I'm having a terrible time updating my business card ... I have no sense of style.

Dwight McCann
Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)
Gear List - Concert FAQ - My Small Studio

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 25, 2007 13:43 |  #12

I don't mean 'redneck' at all. Heritage is more like what I mean: Like lot's of 'Dutch' images: Tulips, wooden shoes, windmills, Amsterdam....
Guess I'm not too patriotic (if that isn't too strong a term)

Why Color Management.
MySpace (external link)
Twitter (external link)

narlus
Cream of the Crop
7,664 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Mar 25, 2007 13:56 |  #13

taygull wrote in post #2928019 (external link)
So I'm "wondering" the photography is not your taste, the type of music, or the layout?

the type of music, but also the texas attitude, i guess. . . "let it be on earth as it is in texas" isn't exactly an endearing slogan to me. connotates braggartism and all those chest-puffing stereotypes about everything being bigger in texas. at least that's my view; i must admit that i've not been to texas in a very long time.

www.tinnitus-photography.com (external link)
Facebook link (external link)

gear list

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 25, 2007 14:14 |  #14

narlus wrote in post #2928249 (external link)
the type of music, but also the Texas attitude, i guess. . . "let it be on earth as it is in Texas" isn't exactly an endearing slogan to me. connotates braggartism and all those chest-puffing stereotypes about everything being bigger in Texas. at least that's my view; i must admit that i've not been to Texas in a very long time.

If this is what you mean then it is perfect.

There is an "attitude" in Texas...hence the name of name of the project. This Texas Attitude is a multi-billion dollar business. If that is what is not liked then I know I hit the nail on the head, the event planners and those out of state visitors holding a convention and wanting to experience "Texas"..... then this will work perfect.

Thanks!

McKinney, TX

DwightMcCann
so, what are we talking about?
21,400 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 25, 2007 14:28 |  #15

taygull wrote in post #2928328 (external link)
If this is what you mean then it is perfect.

There is an "attitude" in Texas...hence the name of name of the project. This Texas Attitude is a multi-billion dollar business. If that is what is not liked then I know I hit the nail on the head, the event planners and those out of state visitors holding a convention and wanting to experience "Texas"..... then this will work perfect.

Thanks!

I was just going to say the same thing ... it is so outrageous that it is "camp!" I always assume that Texans and Frenchmen are going to believe that their way of life is the ONLY "right" way and I always laugh at both 'cause I live in paradise myself and they aren't here! :lol:

Dwight McCann
Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)
Gear List - Concert FAQ - My Small Studio

sponsored links

3,077 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lone Star Attitude - this is where I've been!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.