Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 04 Apr 2007 (Wednesday) 09:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Does G7 have remote shutter capability?

freaking102
412 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Apr 04, 2007 09:52 |  #1

I understand that G6 had infrared shutter, but G7 does not. Do any of you know if G7 has capability to trigger shutter remotely?

With IR shutter I can use a IR emitter and radio control, but lacking IR receiver on camera, I'm thinking G7 is incapable of remote operation,... unless I can use radio control to activate a wired remote switch. What type of wired remote switch is specified for G7?

sponsored links
puttick
809 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2002

Apr 04, 2007 12:57 |  #2

There is no wired or IR remote for the G7. However it can be controlled from a PC, if that helps. Depends on your intended application of course. What do you plan to do?

Nigel Puttick
North Yorkshire, UK

freaking102
THREAD ­ STARTER
412 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Apr 04, 2007 20:27 |  #3

Thanks for the info.
Can't use PC to control, need IR or wired-jack to control shutter via radio.

I have Canon SLR, and wanted to stick with Canon group for a light P&S camera so I had similar controls and menus -- I can't find a Canon P&S sold today that has remote shutter capability.
Guess I'll have to go with Pentax to get a light camera with remote shutter ability.

puttick
809 posts
Joined Mar 2002

Apr 07, 2007 19:14 |  #4

Aerial photogrpahy from RC plane, or possibly kite?

Nigel Puttick
North Yorkshire, UK

freaking102
THREAD ­ STARTER
412 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Apr 07, 2007 20:45 |  #5

Kite is my next gadget to try.
Also use r/c and IR trigger on my SLR to capture animal/bird photos.

puttick
809 posts
Joined Mar 2002

Apr 08, 2007 18:44 |  #6

I think you may find the G7 rather heavier than the average P&S, so possibly not the best camera for a kite...?

Nigel Puttick
North Yorkshire, UK

sponsored links

5,796 views & 0 likes for this thread
Does G7 have remote shutter capability?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.