Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 19 Nov 2006 (Sunday) 00:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Red-Ringed Tupperware Party with (ineffective) Tin Foil Hats

this thread is locked
Lightstream
Yoda
14,915 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Apr 10, 2007 08:31 |  #36691

Woolburr wrote in post #3015946 (external link)
ROFL....a professional photographer with a Sony Mavica FD-73 digital that uses a floppy disk.

You been readin' that EXIF stuff again? ;)

I have not-fond-at-all memories of that camera and its evil, evil disks.

Pete wrote in post #3015947 (external link)
Well, doesn't matter. With a response like that, I won't bother going the extra distance and going to their centre.

You betcha!

sponsored links
thomascanty
Bold. Pink.
Gone, but not forgotten.
38,071 posts
Joined Mar 2003

Apr 10, 2007 09:01 |  #36692

Lightstream wrote in post #3015972 (external link)
You been readin' that EXIF stuff again? ;)

I don't think that camera wrote any EXIF data to it's photos.

I had one of those for about a month. It didn't take me long to decide I needed something better...

My name is Lonnie, but I answer to Thomas too.
LDPhotography.net (external link) | Weekly Pioneer (external link) | Facebook (external link)
"Young at heart. Slightly older in other parts."

wu_wei0
Irrepressibly irresistibly Creamy
12,250 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2005
Location: You cannot know my location if you are busy measuring my speed

Apr 10, 2007 09:06 |  #36693

Woolburr wrote in post #3015896 (external link)
We seldom hang folks for getting stuck...now if you went out and traded your gear fer N*k*n stuff...that might be a hangin' offense.

Nice to know. No worries about me going N at this time.
sure, then-- toss out that rope and get a nice big towel ready. Quicksand is very dampening.

Maureen Souza wrote in post #3015919 (external link)
G'nite all.... my shift is done and I am on my way home. Have a great day!!!

wu: I will Not turn on any music ;)

Good idea Mo(0)- at least not 80s stuff!

Mgdh
unscathed.. NOT!
5,701 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Jan 2005

Apr 10, 2007 09:11 |  #36694

Pete wrote in post #3015927 (external link)
hehe.. I just emailed the BoP centre that I took my eagle and owl shots from (since they don't have an awful lot of pictures on their website).
Thanks for email. Your photos are really nice. We probably wouldn't use
them as our Director is a professional photographer, but thanks anyway.

Oh well...!

Ack. That's a shame Pete. I would say your shots there are more than 'really nice.' I would say more like 'stunning.' Or more probably 'Stonking' ;) but that will confuse our leftpondian friends ;):lol:

That was a great day. We've got home safe and I'm going to start going through my shots from there and the rest of our holiday as soon as I have made room on my HDD :roll: In the meantime, I've been busy catching up on here. Well, - to tell the truth - going to the last post in here and trying to keep up while catching up in TPBM. Only about 20 more pages to go :roll:

Mark
So much has changed in our photo-world, and yet basically nothing's changed - It's still the pictures that really matter. David Noton
-- The Gallery (external link) -- The Website (external link) --

Pete
Cream of the Crop
38,607 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 10, 2007 09:13 |  #36695

Ouch.. Wondered why you were so quiet today Mark. But then I know you like to know just what's going on.

I'm just the lazy one. I just hit "last" and start prattling away with little regard as to what's going on! lol

Pete
UK SE Catch of the Day

Claire
Ikea Wannabee
8,181 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Apr 10, 2007 10:24 |  #36696

I had a guy email me. A photographer who does some work for a small private record company. He asked if I'd be interested to give him a photo of a Swedish artist for a mockup for a CD cover. I spoke with him on the phone etc and if it had been EMi or BMG asking, I'd soooo charge them, but this company is small so could be ok for free. The artist is the one who has asked him to do a mockup, so I would be able to get an official model release from the artist for further use as well (I took the shot during a big public event in Gothenburg).

My Photo Website - (external link) | My Flickr gallery (external link) | Photography Blog (external link) | My Twitter account (external link) | Become a Fan on Facebook (external link)
"You too, could easily look like that if you had a squad of mad geeks fussing over you with retouching software"

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Apr 10, 2007 10:27 |  #36697

Not free, even then. Look at minimal, maybe, based on their intended usage (just for the CD covers, or are they going to do posters or ads with the picture as well?), but don't let them think you'll give it away, even if you've already taken it. And since this is another photog., not the record company, make very sure that it's crystal clear who gets photo credit.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

Claire
Ikea Wannabee
8,181 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Apr 10, 2007 10:51 |  #36698

Jon wrote in post #3016432 (external link)
Not free, even then. Look at minimal, maybe, based on their intended usage (just for the CD covers, or are they going to do posters or ads with the picture as well?), but don't let them think you'll give it away, even if you've already taken it. And since this is another photog., not the record company, make very sure that it's crystal clear who gets photo credit.

Only CD cover that will be sold at a small jazz place during one concert. The photographer said he's doing the layout for free for them and he said he wanted to ask me, but as he's been in the business for 30 years, he fully understood any possible apprehension towards not being paid, dumping the market etc etc. Photo credit he said would of course be there as he knows how important that is, especially when not getting paid/decent pay. He said it's all up to me, and he couldn't even guarantee the photo will be used. It's up to the artist to decide if he likes it.

My Photo Website - (external link) | My Flickr gallery (external link) | Photography Blog (external link) | My Twitter account (external link) | Become a Fan on Facebook (external link)
"You too, could easily look like that if you had a squad of mad geeks fussing over you with retouching software"

Permagrin
High Priestess of all I survey
77,914 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 10, 2007 11:07 as a reply to  @ Claire's post |  #36699

Morning all :)

It's a beautiful day here (despite the fact that I have to go to the dentist later...a permanent filling for that root canal :rolleyes: ). I hope it stays beautiful. Puddle is burning vacation until June so his days are short...I'm hoping for some photography today...my mother in law comes tomorrow, returning from the desert & her snowbirding....

neil_r wrote in post #3015425 (external link)
Sharpness is in the eye of the owner (with a purchase to justify) ;)

I was going to say that!

wu_wei0 wrote in post #3015855 (external link)
Not sure about the avi either. Just didn't feel flowerish today, perhaps. I think the groove may be in sight, but still a ways off. I thought I had it but it all went away this weekend.

It's my favorite photo of you yet!

Lightstream wrote in post #3015869 (external link)
Hopefully my journey ends tomorrow. I think I have located a reasonably sharp copy of the 28/1.8. Hope it is still there by the time I get back.

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!! I could use it....

Good luck ;)

.. It's Permie's world, we just live in it! ~CDS

wu_wei0
Irrepressibly irresistibly Creamy
12,250 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2005
Location: You cannot know my location if you are busy measuring my speed

Apr 10, 2007 11:15 |  #36700

Permagrin wrote in post #3016629 (external link)
Morning all :)

It's a beautiful day here (despite the fact that I have to go to the dentist later...a permanent filling for that root canal :rolleyes: ). I hope it stays beautiful. Puddle is burning vacation until June so his days are short...I'm hoping for some photography today...my mother in law comes tomorrow, returning from the desert & her snowbirding....

I was going to say that!

It's my favorite photo of you yet!

Good luck ;)

Thanks sis. Shoot something for me, while you're out. You can even use a camera.
Rain here again today, but I'm not in my usual perky rainy day self.

Permagrin
High Priestess of all I survey
77,914 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 10, 2007 11:18 |  #36701

wu_wei0 wrote in post #3016663 (external link)
Thanks sis. Shoot something for me, while you're out. You can even use a camera.
Rain here again today, but I'm not in my usual perky rainy day self.

I will! (if we go...I've got to talk P. into it but since it's so nice, I'm hoping for an affirmative) :)

Why aren't you your perky rainy day self?

.. It's Permie's world, we just live in it! ~CDS

timbernet
send a search party to Mount Hood
19,157 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 10, 2007 11:38 |  #36702

Morning All!

aussieskier
just that stupid?
10,608 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 10, 2007 11:57 |  #36703

Morning Scott and everyone else.

Ugh, Easter break is over now :(. That means I actually have to go to class and stuff. How depressing is this!

Oh well, on the bright side, 3 weeks left! woohoo! woohoo!

Riley
Gear list
"Keepin' it rural"
In yeast we trust...

Woolburr
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mr. PMS Himself
66,487 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005
Location: The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!

Apr 10, 2007 12:20 |  #36704

Claire wrote in post #3016545 (external link)
Only CD cover that will be sold at a small jazz place during one concert. The photographer said he's doing the layout for free for them and he said he wanted to ask me, but as he's been in the business for 30 years, he fully understood any possible apprehension towards not being paid, dumping the market etc etc. Photo credit he said would of course be there as he knows how important that is, especially when not getting paid/decent pay. He said it's all up to me, and he couldn't even guarantee the photo will be used. It's up to the artist to decide if he likes it.

Doesn't have to be decent pay...a few hundred Krona or so, a copy of the finished product and the signed release. People will often say they are doing it for free...just to further line their own pockets.

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book, (external link) Refrigerator Art (external link) and What I Really Think About (external link)

Woolburr
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mr. PMS Himself
66,487 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005
Location: The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!

Apr 10, 2007 15:03 |  #36705

OK...if you want to see the nasty mold shots from my disaster...they are HERE. (external link)
I'm afraid they are not artistic...just show the problem.

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book, (external link) Refrigerator Art (external link) and What I Really Think About (external link)

sponsored links

4,386,565 views & 0 likes for this thread
Red-Ringed Tupperware Party with (ineffective) Tin Foil Hats
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.