Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 09 Jan 2007 (Tuesday) 23:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

CANON USA Rebate Program

canon ­ shooter
Goldmember
2,242 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 14, 2007 23:25 |  #601

JimAskew wrote in post #3025518 (external link)
I sent in rebates for a 30D and a 135MMM EF L for a total of $350 on March 19th and got my reciept confirmed by the Post Office on the 3rd of April.

Based on advice here I photographed everything as well as made copies.

I checked the rebate web site tonight and was told that there was "missing warrenty information" and a check for $25.00 was being processed.

So, I called the Rebate Center (1-877-862-6870) and spoke with a very pleasant tech support person. I explained the problem, reviewed the backup documemtation I had, and asked what was needed to get things corrected. I was put "On Hold" for about 5 minutes and then the tech person came back on line and told me she had found and corrected a "technical error" in my claim and that I would get a check for $350.00 in about two weeks.

Keep your fingers and toes crossed :D

I'll report back when the check arrives.

I had similar problem. Mine was $190 on a couple of L lenses. First they said they did not get UPCs, which i sent. Then they sent me a check for half. I sent email to Canon and they agreed it should have been $190, and said the other $95 would be coming

Jim

5D Mark III Grip, 40D Grip, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24-105 F4L IS, Canon 70-200 IS II F2.8L, Canon 100-400L, Canon 50 F1.4, Canon 100 F2.8, Canon 580 EX
It's the Glass that Counts!

sponsored links
Poindexter
717 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Feb 2007

Apr 17, 2007 07:52 |  #602

I got my check and a letter saying I didn't provide a UPC at the same time. I was supposed to get $390 back, but got $290. Off to fight. Yes, I have copies of everything ;)

flickr (external link) | SmugMug (external link) | Gear (external link)

ArcticEd
288 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Apr 17, 2007 15:38 |  #603

I received a non-compliance postcard yesterday ("No UPC") & tried to call the rebate center at 3:58pm. I finally hung up at 4:57pm after 1 hour of no answer.

When I prepared the package to send to them, I made copies of both the registration card & UPC labels on the same page in addition to sending the actual UPC labels.

I didn't even have to argue or tell them anything - the rep asked me for my information & put me on hold for a minute or two. He came back & said "I just looked at scanned images of your information and it's obvious that everything is there, I've made a correction in the system and you'll have your $260 check within 30 days".

I asked him what caused the non-compliance message to go out in the first place if it was that obvious that my info was sent as required and he said "Uh, it looks like there may have been a keying error".

Sounds like either a bunch of @#$@! designed to weed out non-persistent rebatees or a very poorly designed system. I'm leaning more toward a process to elimiate those who aren't persistent about their rebate....

Canon 30D | Canon 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS USM | Canon 100-400L IS | Kenko Extension Tube Set |430EX Speedlite

anglext
245 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Apr 17, 2007 18:26 |  #604

ArcticEd wrote in post #3057991 (external link)
Sounds like either a bunch of @#$@! designed to weed out non-persistent rebatees or a very poorly designed system. I'm leaning more toward a process to elimiate those who aren't persistent about their rebate....

I agree...because guess what I got in the mail saturday? That's right a non-compliance postcard.

*backstory- had no problem getting my $850 rebate from canon, I called a couple of times even though there were no errors on the website. It came about 1 week ago I guess.*

and saturday I get a postcard appoligizing about how they can't process my rebate and I need to resubmit. I was thinking about resubmitting to see if they are stupid enough to process me twice. lol

Website (external link)|Blog (external link)|Canon 5D|BG-E4 Battery Grip|
|Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8 L|Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L|Canon EF 17-40 f/4 L|Canon EF 85 f/1.8|Zenitar 16mm f/2.8|Sigma 50mm f/2.8 Macro
|Manfrotto 3021 Tripod Legs & Grip Action Ballhead|Custom Bracket QRS-35-EV|Canon 580 EX Flash|Apple iMac G5|

decrink
38 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Apr 17, 2007 23:00 |  #605

Got the $245 to add to the $45 I got a few weeks ago. One 4 minute phone call and nice customer service. They had everything scanned but just didn't process it correctly. They sure mess up a lot but I'm glad that it was easier for me than for some here.

august23
Sensitive + Shopoholic = chick?
3,126 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Apr 18, 2007 01:30 |  #606

I want these rebates to start asap. I want a few....things. But will feel so much better if I could get a rebate on them.

tom1s
Goldmember
1,919 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 18, 2007 08:38 as a reply to  @ august23's post |  #607

Same story here. I checked the web page and it said my rebate was non compliant because I was missing the UPC. I called and talked to a very nice lady who checked and said "the UPC got torn" and that she was going to go ahead and approve the rebate. I'm not sure why it takes a phone call for them to find out the UPC was "torn" so they could go ahead and issue the rebate. She said 3-4 weeks for the check. Time will tell.

- I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.

TMR ­ Design
Cream of the Crop
23,883 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Apr 18, 2007 12:01 as a reply to  @ tom1s's post |  #608

Well, I just checked status and it's finally moved to 'Check Approved'.
I don't know how much of this is controlled specifically by Canon but look at this thread. We are not a bunch of idiots and they would have us all thinking we forgot paperwork or did not follow the rules perfectly. Please, that is a joke. There are endless numbers of people posting and indicating that they copied and meticulously attached things, made notes, taped, stapled, and everything in our power to make sure they got exactly what they asked for and how they asked for it and lo and behold they are still able to screw it up and tell us all, one by one that we did not do it right. I did my second rebate exactly as I did it the first time thinking that it went so smoothly the first time so that must be the trick. Nope! What is all this non-compliance crap that they immediately reverse once you call them. It's like they're just waiting for us all to call in to correct it. I am very disgusted by this entire thing even though I'm sure I'll get my second check. It must be completely random as to which rebates get processed without a hitch and which ones get errors. To work this hard to have to make sure we get our rebates it absurd. I've filled out stupid amounts of rebate paperwork from all different merchnats and manufacturers, and once I submit it I always get rebates without a problem.
It won't affect Canon or their sales but I think it's a horrible reflection on them.

Robert
RobertMitchellPhotogra​phy (external link)

ironbelle
691 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2006

Apr 20, 2007 22:00 as a reply to  @ TMR Design's post |  #609

I ended up getting my last check for the flash unit. It was only 20.00 but to me it was the principle of the whole rebate issue. The one kid with the dragging voice who always answers the phone when I call got me and just made the request for the check. He either heard the tone in my voice or pretty much knows that I did everything correctly. So, I finally got all of my rebates

My Blog (external link)
Flickr (external link)

TMR ­ Design
Cream of the Crop
23,883 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Apr 20, 2007 22:23 as a reply to  @ ironbelle's post |  #610

My status shows the check was mailed. Finally!

Can't wait till the next round of rebates to see what kinds of hoops we're going to have to jump through.

Robert

Maui ­ Kim
717 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 21, 2007 15:34 |  #611

My story: I submitted my rebate for $700. I got denied because they said I did not send in qualifying UPC..Totally untrue. I documented everything..made 3 copies of originals of everything..also took pictures of everthing. It took 2 phone calls but I finally got I worked out. I told them I had copies of everything. The Lady I spoke to on the 2nd call changed my status to resubmitted and no errors. She had me look at the status online as she was doing it so that I could see the proof of it going through. My check was approved and mailed within 2 weeks! So it wasn't to bad for me..I figured I wouldn't even get the rebates after all that I read.

Kim A.

www.aiharavisuals.com (external link)
http://www.aiharavisua​ls.com (external link)

JimAskew
Cream of the Crop
7,701 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 22, 2007 08:47 |  #612

TMR Design wrote in post #3077855 (external link)
My status shows the check was mailed. Finally!

Can't wait till the next round of rebates to see what kinds of hoops we're going to have to jump through.

My status says my check was mailed last Thursday...getting closer :)

EDIT -- My check arrived today (Monday 04-23-2007) and I was paid in full :-)

Jim -- I keep the Leica D-Lux 7 in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L, Leica D-Lux 7

TMR ­ Design
Cream of the Crop
23,883 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Apr 24, 2007 14:57 as a reply to  @ JimAskew's post |  #613

I just got my check today. They are so screwed up and paid me $30 more than they shoud have. Fine with me. :D

Robert

Leorooster
Cream of the Crop
6,749 posts
Joined May 2005

Apr 24, 2007 19:31 |  #614

I had two very nice experiences with Canon Rebate. I mailed in my rebates the last minute and got my full rebate within 3 weeks. Of course, I mailed the rebates out via certified mail and return receipt, and kept copies of everything that I mailed in. Just another happy man :)

Canon 1DMarkIII :shock: | Canon 5DII :p | Fujifilm Finepix F30
Glasses & Goodies

JimAskew
Cream of the Crop
7,701 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 25, 2007 07:34 as a reply to  @ Leorooster's post |  #615

Well...I now have proof positive that the Canon rebate folks are out of control!

Monday this week I get my rebate check in the mail for the full amount.

Tuesday I get a post card from Canon tell my that I failed to send in my receipts with my claim therefore my claim has been denied!

I guess I better cash that check quickly ;)

Jim -- I keep the Leica D-Lux 7 in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L, Leica D-Lux 7

sponsored links

25,085 views & 0 likes for this thread
CANON USA Rebate Program
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.