Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 09 May 2007 (Wednesday) 16:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Business Card Stock?

int0xicatedxluv
394 posts
Joined Nov 2004

May 09, 2007 16:52 |  #1

Hey guys,

I just finished designing my busniess cards for my photo company, but I want a particualar type of paper for it... I'm looking for a thick, grainy, recycled paper type stock. I'm wondering if anyone here may know where I could find something like that?

I have NO clue where to even begin looking !!!

:(

sponsored links
EOS ­ mE
Goldmember
2,491 posts
Joined May 2006

May 09, 2007 17:54 |  #2

Vista Print (external link)

That's where I got mine done.

5DMKII Gripped | 30D Gripped | 50mm f1.4 | 24-70mm f2.8L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS | 430EX | 580EXIIhttps://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=416554
My Reviews:
KATA 3N1 - 25PL Bag, Dolica CF Tripod ZX600B103

Bobster
Cream of the Crop
5,277 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2006

May 09, 2007 18:31 |  #3

don't know if this paper supplier is available in the US, but GF Smith does a paper stock called Palazzo "Aragon Grey" which has a grainy recycled look to it :)

Robert Whetton (external link) Dorset Portrait & Events Photographer | Photoshop Guru
Gear | Tweet (external link) | Insta (external link) | Ultimate Lens MA FoCal 2 (external link)| Ultimate RAW Editor (external link)

hidden ­ forms
Goldmember
2,330 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 10, 2007 02:32 |  #4

Talk to you local printer, they should have sample books of different stock, if not they should be able to track down something that you are after

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/gilder/ (external link)

dave.richards
127 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 10, 2007 16:00 |  #5

I like www.overnightprints.co​m (external link)

dave.richards
The Website (external link)
The Blog (external link)

E3_Photo_Studio
362 posts
Joined Jun 2006

May 10, 2007 17:43 |  #6

If you want something kinda grainy looking, you might want to try a local place that will actually let you pic out the paper stock and stuff. Otherwise I recommend Overnightprints.com (even though I'm having issues with them right now.) LOL

Erika
http://www.e3photograp​hystudio.com/ (external link)Website (external link) | Facebook (external link)

MJPhotos24
Cream of the Crop
5,619 posts
Joined Nov 2005

May 10, 2007 18:00 |  #7

vista print is where I get my cards, never had a problem with them...used a stock card cuz two of the main companies I shoot for have America and USA in there names so just picked the american flag white design - worked great, people like them and you can tell they're not home printed and done professionally. I always hate when someone gives me a homemade business card (well if you can tell they put no effort into it at all)

Freelance Photographer & Co-founder of Four Seam Images
Mike Janes Photography (external link) - Four Seam Images LLC (external link)
FSI is a baseball oriented photo agency and official licensee of MiLB/MLB.
@FourSeamImages (instagram/twitter)
@MikeJanesPhotography (instagram)
@MikeJanesPhotog (twitter)

cosworth
I'm comfortable with my masculinity
10,930 posts
Joined Jul 2005

May 10, 2007 18:05 |  #8

dave.richards wrote in post #3185061 (external link)
I like www.overnightprints.co​m (external link)

Agreed. Just got mine from them. Use teh code spring07 for $10 off.

Seriously, $50 for 1000 cards with glossy UV coat front and back? Can't be beat.

Local printer wanted $200+ for 500. LOL.

people will always try to stop you doing the right thing if it is unconventional
Full frame and some primes.

liliayanez
88 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 01, 2007 00:32 |  #9

I think you can look in xpedex.

int0xicatedxluv
THREAD ­ STARTER
394 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jun 01, 2007 09:03 |  #10

cosworth wrote in post #3185660 (external link)
Agreed. Just got mine from them. Use teh code spring07 for $10 off.

Seriously, $50 for 1000 cards with glossy UV coat front and back? Can't be beat.

Local printer wanted $200+ for 500. LOL.

are you able to print on your own choice paper though at places like that?

the design for my card probably won't look very good on just a basic glossy paper. I have the paper I want to use so I wonder if they'd take it. hmmm...

sponsored links

1,099 views & 0 likes for this thread
Business Card Stock?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.