Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 16 May 2007 (Wednesday) 17:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adorama...kinda gave me that scammy feeling!

Clueless163
390 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 16, 2007 22:22 as a reply to  @ post 3217179 |  #16

http://www.resellerrat​ings.com/store/Adorama (external link)

I am back into the game with my new 7D!

sponsored links
thekid24
pro-zack-lee
8,545 posts
Joined Oct 2006

May 16, 2007 22:28 |  #17

[QUOTE=Ronald S. Jr.;3217076]Heck, I figured why not try quite possibly the only lens I've never used? I've had 13 bricks...I know that lens like it were a part of me. Time for something else. I can always switch back.

As for Eddie Baby, he's just trying to fake us out. He's getting a MKIII.[/quote]

Youve got a point there:D

As for L.M......Now it all makes sense, tricky tricky:p

flickr (external link)

T.Hogan
309 posts
Joined May 2006

May 17, 2007 00:17 |  #18

Ron, it's a sales gimick that's an old one. About the second thing they teach you as a salesperson, (the first is never use your real name) is to try to push something and not stop before it is turned down three times. He must be a new salesperson. He won't last long. T.

7d gripped, canon 10-22. canon 50 1.4, canon 135L, Mamiya equipment.

T.D.
33,647 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Aug 2005

May 17, 2007 00:24 |  #19

I've only ordered from Adorama via Amazon.com. I've never had a problem. Never had a phone call from them.

I agree that there is a definite sliminess feel to this.

Take a picture, it lasts longer (external link)
(My Gallery) (external link)

calicokat
Cream of the Crop
14,720 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 17, 2007 01:29 |  #20

Nice to know, I buy from them when B&H runs out of something

"You are going to fall off a cliff trying to get a better shot someday"- My hopeful and loving wife :eek: :twisted:
My Website (external link)

My Gear

Calicokat 1990-2007 RIP My Loving Kitty

csm328
Goldmember
1,834 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 17, 2007 07:33 |  #21

I've posted here before that Adorama are scammy at best and was flamed for it. They really suck. The sell items that need to be backordered but don't tell you that at the time. I've missed 2 rebates because of it. When I called them (from a smiliar email) I got the 'hardsell' and when I didnt sign up, they told me they couldn't process my order because my paypal was not verified...which of course it is. I think some members here are actually Adorama employees.

Wayne

Canon EOS 60D, Grip, 70-200L, EF-S 10-22, , EF 28-135mm, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Speedlite 430EX, G-10, 24 GIG of Various CF Cards :D

bowlesbe
500 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 17, 2007 09:09 as a reply to  @ csm328's post |  #22

When I ordered my first dSLR, meyer coned me into a warranty, and two sets of filter sets, convincing me that I "NEEDED" the filters. And of course, he told me he wasnt a pushy sales guy, that he really used this stuff. Because he had conned me so well, he gave me free shipping (well that and I had also purchased so much other equipment!). Bad news for him. I figured out I had been conned by a sales dood and didnt even accept the order! Went right back to adorama.

That sales guy NEEDS to get fired. Adorama is efficient and i like them for a few reasons but meyer REALLY makes me not want to shop there.

I really want to complain or get that guy fired or something. Such a slease ball.

*the perfect crop setup*
30d / 10-22 / 17-50 / 60 macro / 70-300 IS

EOS ­ MAN1
655 posts
Joined Feb 2007

May 17, 2007 09:22 |  #23

I think some members here are actually Adorama employees.

I doubt it. Some of us have just had good experiences. I can definitely see how that company can be that way. My first purchase was My Rebel XT. I ordered it on a Saturday. I ordered second day shipping. It should have shipped out Monday and been to me Wednesday. They didn't process my order till Tuesday. I called them up multiple times to check the status. Finally, I told them about it suppossed to be shipped second day to make it to me Wednesday. The went ahead and overnighted it to make sure it was there at the correct time. They weren't bad at all, but sometimes they are a little unorganized. I would buy from them again, but if I got that Meyer guy Hassling me, I would cancel my order and buy from B&H.

You shouldn't be hassled especially if you are spending lots of money.

BERNARD BRZEZINSKI
- Photography & Consulting Services
- http://www.bernardbrze​zinski.comexternal link | contact: nfo@bernardbrzezinski.​com

jgjulio
Goldmember
2,094 posts
Joined May 2005

May 17, 2007 09:45 |  #24

I have ordered from them also. I did get the email stating they needed to talk to me about the order. I ignored the email....the order came anyway.

I still got left with a "funny taste in my mouth" and now have switched to BH exclusively.

Julio
Canon 30D; Canon EFS-10-22mm; Canon EF-24-105mm L; Canon EF-70-300 IS DO; Canon EF-50mm 1.8 II;
Sigma EF 500 DG Super; Epson 2400; Photoshop CS3; Canon G9
Gallery: http://jgjulio.smugmug​.com/ (external link)

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

cowpix
617 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 17, 2007 10:40 as a reply to  @ jgjulio's post |  #25

I have dealt with Meyer as well. When he needs something from you, he is very persistent. However, when you need something from him, he is a no-show.

I'm still waiting for him to return my emails and phone calls from December! :rolleyes:

steved110
Cream of the Crop
5,776 posts
Joined Dec 2005

May 17, 2007 16:10 |  #26

cowpix wrote in post #3221094 (external link)
I have dealt with Meyer as well. When he needs something from you, he is very persistent. However, when you need something from him, he is a no-show.

I'm still waiting for him to return my emails and phone calls from December! :rolleyes:

Email him a link to this thread - maybe he has no idea how his sales style goes down!

In the UK it is now almost unheard of to get this kind of warranty pushing - but a few years ago it was rife.

When I bought my new house, i got 'sold' extended warranties on all my white goods - and when i got home i realised it added a third onto the whole deal... so i cancelled, ordered new stuff from another store, and STILL had to fight off the extended warranty crap...I'm a lot more assertive now, and if I have to say no twice, i walk out the door.

Canon 6D
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 , Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 macro
CanonEF 17-40 f/4 L Canon EF 24-70 f/4 IS L and 70-200 f/4 L :D
Speedlite 580EX and some bags'n pods'n stuff

liza
Cream of the Crop
11,386 posts
Joined Feb 2005

May 17, 2007 16:17 |  #27
bannedPermanent ban

They always do that, Ronnie. That's why I only order from them through Amazon. :)

Elizabeth
Blog
http://www.emc2foto.bl​ogspot.com/ (external link)

MichelleK
214 posts
Joined Mar 2006

May 17, 2007 17:04 as a reply to  @ liza's post |  #28

Thats crazy...I have never bought gear from them, only prints.

Thats too bad that this one guy is hurting the whole company, hopefully they will realize soon and fire him.

Michelle K

Gear - 30D, kit lens, 50mm 1.4, 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, 75-200 f.2.8 IS USM L

Tee ­ Why
"Monkey's uncle"
10,596 posts
Joined Feb 2006

May 17, 2007 18:12 |  #29

I'm not sure if there is more than one Meyer as this is a very common thing for "Scamorama" to pull.
They did the same to me and I've never bought from them again. Meyer or who ever sends you a "something wrong with your order, please call" fake e-mail and just want to "confirm" your order and then proceed to try to sell you stuff like accessories that will make him more commission/profit.

I hear that if you don't respond in 24hours, they ship it anyway. Only thing is that your order sat for a day, so you get your order a day later.

Live and learn I guess.

Gallery: http://tomyi.smugmug.c​om/ (external link)

sunbeast
Goldmember
1,034 posts
Joined Nov 2005

May 17, 2007 19:40 as a reply to  @ Tee Why's post |  #30

I have experienced the same thing with Adorama, but only when attempting to buy used equipment (twice). The first time I received the email, called and was advised that the camera that had been advertised as E+ had been "re-examined" prior to shipping and was found to be "inoperable". Of course I was advised that they had a new model in stock.

The second item was a lens described as being in excellent condition...shipped and found to be totally unusable due to an incredible amount of damage.

On the flip side, no problems buying new items...no calls, no emails, no hassles.

Gear and Feedback

sponsored links

4,563 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adorama...kinda gave me that scammy feeling!
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.