Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 18 May 2007 (Friday) 11:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What bag to fit XTi, Tokina 12-24 & 50mm 1.8?

lms6241
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Apr 2007

May 18, 2007 11:04 |  #1

I would also like a bag to have slots to hold cards, a battery and a bit of room to grow. I was looking at the Tamrac Adventurer 2, Think Tank and Crumpler bags but I am open to any bag.

sponsored links
Citizensmith
Cream of the Crop
6,386 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2004

May 18, 2007 11:34 |  #2

I picked up a Slingshot 100 for an XTi, Sigma 10-20 and 17-70, and Canon 50. Plus all the usual crap. Its a nice bag and fits but there is no room to grow.

My POTN Gallery, Complete gear list,
Tradition - Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

OllieS
193 posts
Joined May 2007

May 19, 2007 20:54 |  #3

Check out the Kata Holster H-14. Just posted a review in the stickies...Ollie

:( Currently Gear-less :(

Tony-S
Cream of the Crop
9,903 posts
Joined Jan 2006

May 19, 2007 23:17 |  #4

Tamrac Superlight 5. Best $25 you'll spend on a camera accessory.

"Raw" is not an acronym, abbreviation, nor a proper noun; thus, it should not be in capital letters.

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

May 20, 2007 09:45 |  #5

Check the Domke F-5X out.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

lms6241
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Apr 2007

May 25, 2007 06:39 as a reply to  @ Jon's post |  #6

Thanks! I'll check those out.

Reaperman
473 posts
Joined May 2007

May 25, 2007 06:53 as a reply to  @ lms6241's post |  #7

Hi Ims6241.
:) I have a Tamrac Explorer 5502. It takes my 400D with kit lens and space for possibly 2 more lens (just purchased sigma 70-300 so hope it takes that also).

It has a purpose built Card pocket system, although I bought an aluminum card case which holds four cards. I also have a spare battery in there and theres a couple of convinent zip pockets for paperwork. Its also a good size for taking on planes and carrying over ya shoulder. Tamrac bags have very good padding (my previous bag was also Tamrac). I know there are some very good quality makes out there so I don't want this to sound like a advertisment. Best advice is to look at them in the high street store and see which you have a preference for. A camera bag is a very personal bit of kit.

Good luck. Let us all know what you decide and why. It may help me later on.

:D Reaperman

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,092 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

May 25, 2007 06:55 |  #8

Jon wrote in post #3235776 (external link)
Check the Domke F-5X out.

Jon knows I love that bag. It will fit your minimal and you won't believe it's a camera bag. For $60, it's well constructed and doesn't scream of "Expensive camera inside!"

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, SONY a7iii, 7D2, G12, M100, M50, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

GregFarz78
124 posts
Joined Mar 2007

May 25, 2007 09:45 |  #9

I just picked up a lowepro slingshot 200 it will easily fit all that, the 100 might be a little small if you were to upgrade to something like a 70-200 or larger

Canon XT
Canon 50mm f1.4 | Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 | Canon 10-22 f3.5-4.5

jklewer
Goldmember
1,292 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 25, 2007 14:53 |  #10

I love my Domke f-5x, you can get them from Samy's camera for $30 HERE (external link).

Gear

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,092 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 25, 2007 15:28 |  #11

jklewer wrote in post #3266452 (external link)
I love my Domke f-5x, you can get them from Samy's camera for $30 HERE (external link).

Great find! It's a nice bag, and you won't regret the price.

My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

rogernoel
106 posts
Joined Jul 2004

May 25, 2007 19:08 |  #12

A word of caution, don't buy one too small. I know the experience. You will add to your gear. I currently use a Lowepro Microtreker 200. It contains my 30 D, Canon 17-55mm 2.8; Canon 28-135mm; Canon 70-300mm; Canon 50mm 1.8; Sigma 10-20mm plus a 1.5 Kenko telextender, Rocket blower, memory cards,, filters, lens hoods and other small items. Hey its full.

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,092 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 25, 2007 19:11 |  #13

Room to grow would mean a little bigger. The Crumpler Million Dollar series are good bags, I have a small one, it's way too small. Any of the NOVA bags are good, IMO, but squarish.

iareRay
53 posts
Joined Jul 2006

May 29, 2007 19:12 |  #14

if you're into messenger bags pick up the Tamrac Adventure 4.

Gear List | Bandvibe (external link) | Smugmug (external link)
http://www.photosfromt​heshow.com (external link)

Reaperman
473 posts
Joined May 2007

May 30, 2007 08:38 as a reply to  @ iareRay's post |  #15

I looked at the Tamrac Adventure 4 also.... nice one. I was torn between buying something that would carry the kit I have now and allowing for future growth. As you know photography can be an uncontrollable monster so I don't believe there will ever be a bag big enough for future growth.:lol:

I went for a Tamrac that was big enough for the kit I have now with minimal growth. I just can't see me hauling around every bit of kit I may purchase in the future. Space is good but I don't want arms like popeye:lol:

:D Reaperman

sponsored links

2,690 views & 0 likes for this thread
What bag to fit XTi, Tokina 12-24 & 50mm 1.8?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.