Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 05 Sep 2005 (Monday) 06:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Which brand of studio lights?

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

May 29, 2007 18:14 |  #16

Wilt wrote in post #3287958 (external link)
As for Alien Bees falling into the 'pro' category, I would have to remark that they are aimed primarily at the 'enthusiast' market and perhaps are used especially in the 'starter pro' market, but nowhere in the same league as Dynalite and Speedotron Blackline and Hensel and Elinchrome and Multiblitz and Broncolor used by established professionals

You're probably right, but I've never seen a shot that screamed "Alien Bees" or "Elinchrome" or what-have-you.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
43,059 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

May 29, 2007 18:30 |  #17

cdifoto wrote in post #3287973 (external link)
You're probably right, but I've never seen a shot that screamed "Alien Bees" or "Elinchrome" or what-have-you.

Just like you would not necessarily see the difference in a shot that screamed Canon vs. a Casio P&S in a newspaper front page! But what the pro chooses to use in his profession is often dictated by the wider choice of accessory items that are available for a pro unit...for example, didja ever hear of a fresnel lens system attachment for the Alien Bee to create 'theatrical spotlight' light? Pros buy features, not brand name necessarily like the photo enthusiast buys red stripe lenses or Calvin Klein jeans!

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

JWright
Planes, trains and ham radio...
18,399 posts
Joined Dec 2004

May 29, 2007 19:40 |  #18

Novatron...

John

T.Hogan
309 posts
Joined May 2006

May 29, 2007 23:14 |  #19

Novatrons also. monos here

7d gripped, canon 10-22. canon 50 1.4, canon 135L, Mamiya equipment.

Tareq
"I am very lazy, a normal consumer"
17,849 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2006

May 29, 2007 23:54 |  #20

MDJAK wrote in post #3287960 (external link)
Damn, and I was going to sell him my Hensels cheap, including shipping.

me

Question: why you want to sell your Hensel? i got it and i see it very nice, so if there is some issues with it just tell me, as i don't want to have many issues with it later if so, i am not as you to use my gear in extreme or heavy-duty works, i didn't do that yet [and ready for it soon i hope].

Galleries:
http://hamrani.deviant​art.com/gallery/ (external link)
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,761 views & 0 likes for this thread
Which brand of studio lights?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.