Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 15 Jun 2007 (Friday) 10:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Rude, inconsiderate wedding photagraphers

Rudy ­ M.
489 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jun 15, 2007 10:07 |  #1

There was a short writeup in the Kalamazoo Gazette newspaper in the last day or two about rude, inconsiderate, rip-off wedding photographers that I thought may be of interest to some of you. I don't have the link and don't know if it is accessible via web, but in a nutshell, it had some pointers of things not to do.

The article addressed some issues such as the photog getting in the way of cerimony, ignoring what the preacher says, stopping people in the isles for "candid" shots, taking up lots of time aftert the cerimony to the point of the bride and groom simply getting upset and leaving for the reception, and otherwise simply stealing the show from the couple, or trying to make the photo op the most important aspect of the couple's day.

One couple even paid up front money, then after wedding, waited about a month then called the guy--he lost all the images and film! They were greatful for all their guests haveing brought their camreas and also for putting box cameras on each table for guests to use during the reception.

One thing they did like were wedding photgraphers who would set up a posed shot, take his few pro images, then ask guests if they wanted to take some shots with their cameras while the wedding party were still posed.

I haven't shot a wedding for a long, long time and only did so for some friends--but thought you guys would like to know about this--the papers are talking!

Rudy M.---Thanks to this site, I'm learning something new all the time!

sponsored links
*Mike*
632 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jun 15, 2007 12:00 |  #2

Dear Abby ran a similar column this past week...

Belle's Photography (external link)* Belle's Blog (external link) * Belle's MySpace (external link)

picturecrazy
soft-hearted weenie-boy
8,565 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jun 15, 2007 12:12 |  #3

Ever notice how the only press photographers get is BAD press?

All you ever hear about is photojournalists modifying press photos and rude wedding photographers. Also, whenever there is a photographer in a movie or something, he's always doing something like trying to get women naked against their will. It's like nobody likes us.... hahaha

-Lloyd
The BOUDOIR - Edmonton Intimate Boudoir Photography (external link)
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Studio Family Baby Child Maternity Wedding Photographers (external link)
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Headshot Photographers (external link)
Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) |Instagram (external link) | Gear

foghorn
329 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 15, 2007 13:24 |  #4

picturecrazy wrote in post #3382768 (external link)

All you ever hear about is photojournalists modifying press photos and rude wedding photographers. Also, whenever there is a photographer in a movie or something, he's always doing something like trying to get women naked against their will. It's like nobody likes us.... hahaha

Yep. The photographer is always a perverted creep.
On a Law and Order Criminal Intent espisode, Roy Schieder played a photographer that did model head shots throught the 70s and 80s. And he murdered most of them.
Same thing with a CSI I saw,
Are they ever the hero?

Canon 7D & 40D | 17-55 2.8 IS | 28 1.8 | 85 1.8 | 50mm 1.8 | 70-200mm 2.8L IS | 580EX II, 430EX |
http://www.flashandsho​w.wordpress.com (external link)

Atl-Fotos
169 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 15, 2007 13:33 |  #5

Oh my gosh... Is that my destiny??
Oh well eveybody needs a hobby...

Ron
It's all fun & games until the shutter stops working....
My Website (external link)

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jun 15, 2007 15:04 |  #6

foghorn wrote in post #3383089 (external link)
Yep. The photographer is always a perverted creep.
On a Law and Order Criminal Intent espisode, Roy Schieder played a photographer that did model head shots throught the 70s and 80s. And he murdered most of them.
Same thing with a CSI I saw,
Are they ever the hero?

Peter Parker aka Spiderman was/is a photographer.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

gheesom
"just stupid enough"
1,101 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jun 15, 2007 15:08 |  #7

yay for Spidey

Gareth
Cheshire Wedding Photographer (external link)
North West Photography Blog (external link)
Cheshire Wedding Photography on Facebook (external link)

TheSteveMadden
Goldmember
1,229 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jun 15, 2007 15:24 |  #8

The late Anna-Nicole Smith's baby's father, Larry Birkhead, is a photographer, too.

[edit] Sorry for dragging this thread through the tabloid gutter ;)

Steve
Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 30D, XT, EF 24-70 f/2.8L, 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, other EF lenses, 430EX, several 580EX II's, Pocket Wizard Plus II's, lighting supports and modifiers, etc etc etc
Website (external link)

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jun 15, 2007 15:29 |  #9

TheSteveMadden wrote in post #3383700 (external link)
The late Anna-Nicole Smith's baby's father, Larry Birkhead, is a photographer, too.

[edit] Sorry for dragging this thread through the tabloid gutter ;)

So that's two hero photogs so far...

Can anyone think of more?

Oh yeah...anyone shooting for Penthouse, Playboy, etc. Those are my heroes. :lol:

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

*Mike*
632 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jun 15, 2007 15:33 |  #10

picturecrazy wrote in post #3382768 (external link)

Well, no one notices the nice guy that is unobtrusive. Creepy people are easy to remember. :lol:

Belle's Photography (external link)* Belle's Blog (external link) * Belle's MySpace (external link)

Jerry ­ Klein
100 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 15, 2007 15:38 |  #11

cdifoto wrote in post #3383721 (external link)
So that's two hero photogs so far...

Can anyone think of more?

Oh yeah...anyone shooting for Penthouse, Playboy, etc. Those are my heroes. :lol:

Jimmy Olson. ;)

folville
Goldmember
1,022 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jun 15, 2007 16:13 |  #12

foghorn wrote in post #3383089 (external link)
Are they ever the hero?

Yes!
http://imdb.com/title/​tt0266987/ (external link)
For a bit of this movie Brad Pitt plays a CIA agent working undercover as a photojournalist. the movie is actually not half bad, especially since it has Robert Redford. :-D

135mm f/2.8 SF for sale

bleeds
105 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jun 15, 2007 16:34 as a reply to  @ folville's post |  #13

One of my favorite films is Blow Up. 'nuff said.

AmpedPhoto
Goldmember
1,165 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jun 15, 2007 16:48 |  #14

eh when my mom and step dad got married there photographer forgot his film......he only had 8 pictures on his roll....

Canon 5D Mark II (x2), 30D, 40D, G10, 70-200 F4 IS (x2), 16-35 f2.8 L, 50mm 1.4, 430 EX II (x2), 580 EX II Tamron 28-75 F2.8 (x2), Tonkia 12-24 F4, 10-18 Fisheye, Full studio with some light :)
AmpedPhoto.com (external link)
flickr (external link)

zacker
Cream of the Crop
6,006 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jun 15, 2007 16:52 |  #15

anyone see "Hard Candy"? Photog gets his come-uppance for real!

http://www.theanimalha​ven.com (external link)
My Facebook, Friend me If you want!http://www.facebook.co​m/brokenfencephotograp​hy (external link)

http://www.facebook.co​m/theanimalhaven?ref=t​s (external link)

sponsored links

4,507 views & 0 likes for this thread
Rude, inconsiderate wedding photagraphers
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.