Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 15 Jun 2007 (Friday) 14:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Do folks in the WP forum have a sense of humor?

Curtis ­ N
Master Flasher
19,129 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jun 15, 2007 16:58 |  #31

Jon wrote in post #3384223 (external link)
And it's harder on you women than us men. We skip the first 3 on the list.

Yeah, but we get the prostate exams.

"If you're not having fun, your pictures will reflect that." - Joe McNally
Chicago area POTN events (external link)
Flash Photography 101 | The EOS Flash Bible  (external link)| Techniques for Better On-Camera Flash (external link) | How to Use Flash Outdoors| Excel-based DOF Calculator (external link)

sponsored links
Atl-Fotos
169 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 15, 2007 16:58 |  #32

Everyday of my life I make sure I laugh at something or ... Someone... Mostly myself

Great Thread Jamie...

Ron
It's all fun & games until the shutter stops working....
My Website (external link)

sapearl
Cream of the Crop
16,285 posts
Gallery: 148 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2005

Jun 15, 2007 17:00 |  #33

He who shall not be named "visited my Avatar"..... would you like me to email you some prozac in addition to Tim :lol: ?

*Bill wrote in post #3383928 (external link)
....I should really stay on my prozac that the Dr. ordered me to take :D

Honestly, I come here to learn, as most have already said, but I tend to get sidetracked looking at some of the more "heated" threads (aka: the train wreck threads.) ......

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITE (external link)- MY GALLERIES (external link)- MY BLOG (external link)
Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (external link) - Board

jamiewexler
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,021 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Jun 15, 2007 17:02 |  #34

saravrose wrote in post #3383912 (external link)
hehe... I think it's a girl thing.. I'm just not thrilled at a perfectly lit boob shot.... I mean seriously.... Don't you ever get tired of it.. Naked Woman wearing heels.. and somebody concerned that her right breast has more shadow than her left... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sari

You mean people write words about the photos in the glam forum?? Huh, I hadn't noticed...

BTW - intellectual question here...is there such thing as a boob shot that's not perfectly lit?

Massachusetts Wedding Photographer (external link)
My blog (external link)
my facebook (external link)
my gear

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Jun 15, 2007 17:02 |  #35

Tumak wrote in post #3384234 (external link)
Yeah, well the first of the three we do not escape. It lands right on top of our head.

True . . . how else would I know?

Curtis N wrote in post #3384240 (external link)
Yeah, but we get the prostate exams.

From what I've heard, mammograms make that a piece of cake. At least they don't squash anything during the exam.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

Toogy
"I like pictures of myself!"
6,247 posts
Joined Nov 2003

Jun 15, 2007 17:07 |  #36

jamiewexler wrote in post #3384259 (external link)
BTW - intellectual question here...is there such thing as a boob shot that's not perfectly lit?

To answer your question... no ;)

Toogood Studios (external link)
Good Light and Shoot to the Right....

jamiewexler
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,021 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Jun 15, 2007 17:10 |  #37

BTW - I did not mean this thread to be a slam on Tim. That's why I put the wink next to the first line of my post.

Fact is, I think Tim is a very valuable contributer and a heck of a photographer who has put a lot more time and effort than I in helping people on this board!

Massachusetts Wedding Photographer (external link)
My blog (external link)
my facebook (external link)
my gear

liza
Cream of the Crop
11,386 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jun 15, 2007 17:11 |  #38
bannedPermanent ban

Jon wrote in post #3384223 (external link)
No - you'll also have hot flashes, more frequent mammograms and calcium supplements . . . Not to mention cholesterol meds, blood pressure meds and other assorted pills (not to forget arthritis meds). Only the truly tough can handle aging. And it's harder on you women than us men. We skip the first 3 on the list.

I'm already experiencing most of the things on that list. :cry:

Hang on, I feel another mood swing coming on.

Elizabeth
Blog
http://www.emc2foto.bl​ogspot.com/ (external link)

Grace
something cute
7,629 posts
Joined May 2006

Jun 15, 2007 17:15 |  #39

Why is it that all our threads turn to sex these days? :) gee whiz- Are we all un-funny, over sexed - undersexed, old, young, grumpy photographers??? No Way!

I for one am not really offended by these *bash the wedding forum*, I'm leaving POTN, another forum is better, ya'll are a bunch of fluffers threads. It's life! Some people will always say things that hurt other's people's feelings, people will always have different opinions. Some people will just always be blunt, forward, always cheerful, kinda funny, not funny at all. There will always be "the inner circle". And there will always be people that feel they are on the outside. I am a firm believer no question is a stupid question...do the same questions get asked 500 times- yes- raise a kid- get used to it. If you think its stupid, don't respond. Its really that simple. Or I may think some thing is stupid in my head, but I surely wouldn't write it. Just move along.

I think there are plenty of threads out there with great humor in them! Many! I love the forums and plenty of the people- far more than the ones that bug me :)

So cheers Jamie- I think there are plenty of us to keep a little humor shoved in every now and then! :)

whew- :) I think that must be my longest reply EVER!

while I'm here- but certainly not reaching a forum record by any means.... A rope walks into a bar and before he could sit down the bartender yell's at him "no ropes allowed!" The rope asks " Can I just use your restroom right quick?" Bartender "yes". The rope goes to the bathroom and ties himself in a knot and unravels his threads... sneaks out the window and walks back into the bar sits down and orders a drink- bartender say's "hey, aren't you the same rope that just came in here?" Rope say's " No,I'm afraid not!" ;) : he he :) I LOVE CHEESEY JOKES!

ah ha ha ha hah a :)

- Grace -

mmahoney
Goldmember
2,789 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jun 15, 2007 17:21 |  #40

jamiewexler wrote in post #3384309 (external link)
Fact is, I think Tim is a very valuable contributer and a heck of a photographer who has put a lot more time and effort than I in helping people on this board!

That may well be, but his boobs are very small.

Newfoundland Wedding Photographer (external link)

liza
Cream of the Crop
11,386 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jun 15, 2007 17:25 |  #41
bannedPermanent ban

kathy.patterson wrote in post #3384331 (external link)
W

I am a firm believer no question is a stupid question...do the same questions get asked 500 times- yes- raise a kid- get used to it.

Teach special ed like I do. Same kid, same question, several times a day. ;)

mmahoney wrote in post #3384357 (external link)
That may well be, but his boobs are very small.

Perhaps, but they're always well lit. :)

Elizabeth
Blog

liza
Cream of the Crop
11,386 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jun 15, 2007 17:26 |  #42
bannedPermanent ban

Sorry. I'm trying to develop a sense of humor. ;)

Elizabeth
Blog

JMHPhotography
Goldmember
4,784 posts
Joined May 2005

Jun 15, 2007 18:38 |  #43

jamiewexler wrote in post #3384259 (external link)
You mean people write words about the photos in the glam forum?? Huh, I hadn't noticed...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That made me laugh out loud... my wife wants to know what is so darn funny. I'll tell her....

...she's laughing now too.

~John

(aka forkball)
Have a peek into my Gearbag. and My flickr (external link)
editing of my photos by permission only. Thanks

JMHPhotography
Goldmember
4,784 posts
Joined May 2005

Jun 15, 2007 18:40 |  #44

kathy.patterson wrote in post #3384331 (external link)
while I'm here- but certainly not reaching a forum record by any means.... A rope walks into a bar and before he could sit down the bartender yell's at him "no ropes allowed!" The rope asks " Can I just use your restroom right quick?" Bartender "yes". The rope goes to the bathroom and ties himself in a knot and unravels his threads... sneaks out the window and walks back into the bar sits down and orders a drink- bartender say's "hey, aren't you the same rope that just came in here?" Rope say's " No,I'm afraid not!" ;) : he he :) I LOVE CHEESEY JOKES!

ah ha ha ha hah a :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

~John

(aka forkball)
Have a peek into my Gearbag. and My flickr (external link)
editing of my photos by permission only. Thanks

Banbert
Goldmember
1,514 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 15, 2007 19:22 |  #45
bannedPermanent ban

I drove home from the day job, got some new hoofs on my horse (tyres on the car), gave a client her proofs, went to a bridal rehersal (lot of fun and looking forward to the wedding tomorrow), picked up some new kit and made my first Lightscribe disk (that looks fabby) and then had chinese food with some friends ....admitadly I packed a lot into one evening but why do I feel like ive been gone a week rather less than half a day ...... whats gone on ? ? Tim been sharpening his teeth again ? :)

Warwickshire Wedding Photographer (external link) | Blog (external link) | My wedding Photography Videos (external link)
Warwickshire Wedding Info (external link) | My Apple Magic Blog (external link)
30D x 3 + grips / EF-S 10-22mm / EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 IS /EF 70-200 F2.8 L IS / EF 100mm Macro / Sigma 30mm F1.4 / 580EX / 430EX / 33GB CF Cards / 2 PC'S + laptop / CS2 / HP 1220C / Canon CP-710 / Graphire4 Classic XL Manfroto Tripod & Joystick Head / Mac Book Pro

sponsored links

6,126 views & 0 likes for this thread
Do folks in the WP forum have a sense of humor?
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.