Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 28 Jun 2007 (Thursday) 10:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GraphiStudio Book Review

MrsOpie
Goldmember
1,014 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jun 28, 2007 10:18 |  #1

I just wanted to write up an review on the GraphiStudio sample package they sent me. I must say that I'm shocked a company would mail out $500+ worth of product just so I could see a sample. they have a number of options such as book sizes from 2x5 up to 16x20. You can have the pages printed on smooth, textured, photographic, or metallic paper. You can also choose between thin or thick pages on the large sizes. Then they have a number of covers such as metal, transparent, silk, leatherette, leather, etc etc I never seen a flush mount album but they seem to be a mix between coffee table books and flush mount books. The best part is that you can order cheap and small books that are the same copies as the large book for the parents or grandparents.

IMG NOTICE: [NOT AN IMAGE URL, NOT RENDERED INLINE]
http://gallery.insuto.​com …MAGES-NOT-ALLOWED-170d4)-

-OpieFoto
Salt Lake City Utah Wedding Photographer (external link)

Modern, Bold, Raw Emotion

sponsored links
Banbert
Goldmember
1,514 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 28, 2007 12:15 |  #2
bannedPermanent ban

They are lovely books arent they, although I dont like how the front cover on ours looks now because after a while the photo starts to stick to it and you get a mottled effect on the photo, we have been steering brides towards the leather ones partly for that reason.

We submitted our first order this week so were waiting for our first PDF of the layout to come through this week and I am soooo excited to see what it looks like, constant checking of email will ensue until it arrives.

The first order we placed was from our second ever wedding, shot in april this year we were really pleased with the shots so weve ordered a duplicate copy for ourselves as a sample, will be great to show people that rather than one with someone elses work in!

I am sure your B&G's will love it anyway matey, we certainly sold quite a few to clients since we got our samples.

Warwickshire Wedding Photographer (external link) | Blog (external link) | My wedding Photography Videos (external link)
Warwickshire Wedding Info (external link) | My Apple Magic Blog (external link)
30D x 3 + grips / EF-S 10-22mm / EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 IS /EF 70-200 F2.8 L IS / EF 100mm Macro / Sigma 30mm F1.4 / 580EX / 430EX / 33GB CF Cards / 2 PC'S + laptop / CS2 / HP 1220C / Canon CP-710 / Graphire4 Classic XL Manfroto Tripod & Joystick Head / Mac Book Pro

bcap
MR. PP
7,364 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 28, 2007 12:26 |  #3

I'm definitely going to look into it MrsOpie. Thanks!

What are the prices of these? Do you know?

Bryan
Bryan Caporicci's Personal Blog (external link)
Niagara Falls, Ontario Wedding and Portrait Photographer - Bryan Caporicci Photography (external link)

Banbert
Goldmember
1,514 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 28, 2007 13:19 |  #4
bannedPermanent ban

bcap wrote in post #3454159 (external link)
I'm definitely going to look into it MrsOpie. Thanks!

What are the prices of these? Do you know?

Graphistudio only deal with photographers so you have to register with them to get prices, hence no one should post prices on a public forum. They are very quick deal with requests though so if you have a website you shouldnt have an issue getting prices from them.

Warwickshire Wedding Photographer (external link) | Blog (external link) | My wedding Photography Videos (external link)
30D x 3 + grips / EF-S 10-22mm / EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 IS /EF 70-200 F2.8 L IS / EF 100mm Macro / Sigma 30mm F1.4 / 580EX / 430EX / 33GB CF Cards / 2 PC'S + laptop / CS2 / HP 1220C / Canon CP-710 / Graphire4 Classic XL Manfroto Tripod & Joystick Head / Mac Book Pro

Banbert
Goldmember
1,514 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 28, 2007 13:22 |  #5
bannedPermanent ban

p.s. Heres another review of them from when I got my sample book last December

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=252534

Atl-Fotos
169 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 28, 2007 13:24 |  #6

What is really nice is when you get a sample book with all of your work instead of shots from Italy.... That is sweet......

Ron
It's all fun & games until the shutter stops working....
My Website (external link)

AMeyer
291 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jun 28, 2007 15:55 as a reply to  @ Atl-Fotos's post |  #7

I got my sample in yesterday (ordered it in February) and will definitely be placing orders with them soon. I love how you don't have to design your own layouts, I think it will save me from a lot of headaches. :)

The only thing I was a little disappointed with was I received the kit and the info about ordering a sample book with my own images, but the $199 offer they quoted was only good through June 30th. So, I have 3 days to make the decision.

Just a mom to twins with a camera.

Thomas ­ Lunt
154 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 28, 2007 17:12 as a reply to  @ AMeyer's post |  #8

Question - The Graphistudio order form says "Acceptable image file range is 18-24mb. Files under 6mb are not accepted."
I shoot with the 1Mk2 and my files are never that big. Maybe 5mb per file. How do I get files that large?

www.luntphotography.co​m (external link)

flipteg
176 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 28, 2007 17:23 |  #9

Thomas Lunt wrote in post #3455872 (external link)
Question - The Graphistudio order form says "Acceptable image file range is 18-24mb. Files under 6mb are not accepted."
I shoot with the 1Mk2 and my files are never that big. Maybe 5mb per file. How do I get files that large?

you can export the RAW in tiff files to make it big...

flashtoby
129 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 28, 2007 17:25 |  #10

Dont worry about the file size being that large, I shoot with a 20d and asked them the very same question before ordering my first album, and was told 'everyone always asks that but it isn't a problem' so I dont why they still state that.

As for the photos starting to look funny after a while in the acrylic covers, just pull the cover away and reposition the photo, the covers only a wrap around design, it isn't stuck down so its easily solved.

Lin-z
Goldmember
1,247 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 28, 2007 17:43 |  #11

So do you get the sample albums for free? I requested info on their stuff a while back and the got in contact with me but I have not yet followed up.

http://www.lindsi.com (external link)

flashtoby
129 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 28, 2007 18:25 |  #12

Yup free...gratis...well worth getting.

Bobster
Cream of the Crop
5,177 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2006

Jun 28, 2007 18:55 |  #13

AMeyer wrote in post #3455435 (external link)
I love how you don't have to design your own layouts, I think it will save me from a lot of headaches. :)

true, but then you'll have a layout and effects the same as every other photog who just sends the photos in.. its the one thing that struck me as i was wandering around a wedding show when i first spotted the books last autumn, everyones pages more or less looked the same (appart from the angles, poses)..

i believe that the same effort should be put into designing the pages as was put into taking them, it will also allow your book to stand head and shoulders above those who just sent their photos in..

if you don't want the headache of designing the book, how about splashing out a couple 100 for graphic designer to do the pages for you instead of getting the same layout from Graphi :)

Robert Whetton (external link) Dorset Portrait & Events Photographer | Photoshop Guru
DIY Monitor Hood (external link) | Gear | Tweet (external link) | Insta (external link) | FoCal 2 (external link)| Ultimate RAW Editor (external link)

Banbert
Goldmember
1,514 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 28, 2007 19:59 |  #14
bannedPermanent ban

When you open one of your files in CS2 look at the bottom left of the image frame that you have opened and thats the size that they are talking about, not the physical file size on the disk. So a 3mb file will actually show as 23-24mb ... its not that they have got it wrong its just that they are talking in printer speak and probably got fed up of explaining the difference to people so just tell them not to worry about it any more. Look at stock photo sites and you will see the same sort of requirements.

This is where you start getting into the area of DPI v Pixel dimensions and things that you thought you had straight in your head start to be very confusing .... easiest thing is to do like Graphi advise and not worry about it cos it can get awfully confusing ! :confused:

sponsored links

6,667 views & 0 likes for this thread
GraphiStudio Book Review
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.