Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 29 Jun 2007 (Friday) 09:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

PS2-FotoFusion_Asuka question (dumb question warning)

TXLEBER
960 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jun 29, 2007 09:53 |  #1

Ok, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to resize the album page I made in FotoFusion so that it fits into the Asuka template in PS2. I'm self taught in PS2, which is not saying very much at all. I tried doing a search on line and here, but I can't figure how out what the heck I'm doing wrong. Can someone help, please? Here's a screen shot:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Thanks!!
Ed

sponsored links
tim
Light Bringer
51,006 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jun 29, 2007 09:57 |  #2

For asuka you have to have the correct ppi and number of pixels. Jamie uses it all the time he'll probably help once he finds the thread.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

Banbert
Goldmember
1,514 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 29, 2007 10:24 |  #3
bannedPermanent ban

In fotofusion theres templates for the asuka books, so under canvvas size select the little icon at the top left and then select the asuka book size you want to make.

The other thing you may have done wrong is output at the wrong DPI, theres 2 different ones that you need to use if its same as the everleaf books which is what I am lead to believe. I dont have the figures in front of me but its something like 271 dpi for the front cover and then different ones for the front and back page and for the double page spreads.

The output DPI will effect how the page sizes look v the template and thats exactly what it looks like above .. output at 300 DPI perhaps ?

Warwickshire Wedding Photographer (external link) | Blog (external link) | My wedding Photography Videos (external link)
Warwickshire Wedding Info (external link) | My Apple Magic Blog (external link)
30D x 3 + grips / EF-S 10-22mm / EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 IS /EF 70-200 F2.8 L IS / EF 100mm Macro / Sigma 30mm F1.4 / 580EX / 430EX / 33GB CF Cards / 2 PC'S + laptop / CS2 / HP 1220C / Canon CP-710 / Graphire4 Classic XL Manfroto Tripod & Joystick Head / Mac Book Pro

Atl-Fotos
169 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 29, 2007 12:13 |  #4

Click Edit - Transform - Scale to resize the shot. click and drag one of the corners till it is the size you want.

Ron
It's all fun & games until the shutter stops working....
My Website (external link)

Banbert
Goldmember
1,514 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 29, 2007 12:29 |  #5
bannedPermanent ban

Atl-Fotos wrote in post #3460335 (external link)
Click Edit - Transform - Scale to resize the shot. click and drag one of the corners till it is the size you want.

I think outputting it from Foto Fusion is a better idea tbh as otherwise you could end up with some strange results.

Warwickshire Wedding Photographer (external link) | Blog (external link) | My wedding Photography Videos (external link)
30D x 3 + grips / EF-S 10-22mm / EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 IS /EF 70-200 F2.8 L IS / EF 100mm Macro / Sigma 30mm F1.4 / 580EX / 430EX / 33GB CF Cards / 2 PC'S + laptop / CS2 / HP 1220C / Canon CP-710 / Graphire4 Classic XL Manfroto Tripod & Joystick Head / Mac Book Pro

TXLEBER
THREAD ­ STARTER
960 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jun 29, 2007 18:28 |  #6

Fotofusion told me to do the same thing, using the templates to create the correct size, however, It still isn't the same size as the template I use in Photoshop. I was able to do the free transform resize. Thanks for that. I can't see anything bad in the image using this method, but I still would like to do it right, straight out of FF.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Banbert
Goldmember
1,514 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 29, 2007 18:58 |  #7
bannedPermanent ban

TXLEBER wrote in post #3461932 (external link)
Fotofusion told me to do the same thing, using the templates to create the correct size, however, It still isn't the same size as the template I use in Photoshop. I was able to do the free transform resize. Thanks for that. I can't see anything bad in the image using this method, but I still would like to do it right, straight out of FF.

Thanks for everyone's input!

When you exported the pages what DPI did you export them at ? if you used the correct template in FF for the correct template to check it with in CS then the DPI is probably where the issue is.

In FF when you export theres an option for changing the DPI. This is the bit I got wrong earlier this week when I was doing mine and I only realised the error when I looked at the DPI for each and went back and read what I should be outputting at from FF.

TXLEBER
THREAD ­ STARTER
960 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jun 29, 2007 21:07 |  #8

Banbert!!! Bingo!! That was my problem. What DPI did you use? Where did you find this info? I was changing the DPI on the canvas size for some reason. Now that you mentioned changing it when you render it, I finally put 2 and 2 together. 271 DPI (from what you mentioned a few posts up) was a little off. I"m doing a 10x10 book. What were your settings?

Thanks again!!

TXLEBER
THREAD ­ STARTER
960 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jun 29, 2007 21:09 |  #9

I just tried 277 and it looks to fit perfectly.

Banbert
Goldmember
1,514 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 30, 2007 02:50 |  #10
bannedPermanent ban

Its all very specific per book and it also depends on how many pages it is for the cover sizes, heres the info that was sent through to us.

So basically to make the flow easier we started by exporting the whole book at 271 DPI, we then go back and export just the cover at 260 DPI, you know when youve got it spot on because when you adjusting the DPI in the export screen the JPG sizes that it shows you match up with those below.

Size: 10“ x 10” Art book EX

Front and back cover – Resolution 260 dpi

· 20 sides - 5712 x 2887 pixels

· 30 sides - 5712 x 2887

· 40 sides - 5722 x 2887

· 60 sides - 5743 x 2887

· 80 sides - 5763 x 2887

Inside first and last page – Resolution 271 dpi

· 2838 x 2838 pixels

Inside spread pages – Resolution 271 dpi

· 5612 x 2838 pixels

sponsored links

2,914 views & 0 likes for this thread
PS2-FotoFusion_Asuka question (dumb question warning)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.