Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Guest
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

 
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 19 Feb 2003 (Wednesday) 22:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

BREEZEBROWSER HTML

 
davefaulk
Junior Member
25 posts
Joined Nov 2002
Location: Fallon, NV
     
Feb 19, 2003 22:37 |  #1

Is there a way in Breezebrowser to have the index page be named something different than "index.htm"? It defaults to index and I can't find a way to change it.

Dave


Dave
www.davefaulk.com (external link)

  
  LOG IN TO REPLY
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)
MattS
Hatchling
Avatar
6 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Likes: 2
Joined Feb 2003
Location: Indiana
     
Feb 23, 2003 07:44 |  #2

Hi Dave,

HTML code automatically displays a page with the name index.htm or I believe default.htm. If the name was anything else it would have to be hard coded in the actual URL address used to get to it.

Matt


Best job I ever had? Being retired!

  
  LOG IN TO REPLY
davefaulk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Junior Member
25 posts
Joined Nov 2002
Location: Fallon, NV
     
Feb 23, 2003 21:53 |  #3

Matt,

I want to incorporate pages generated by Breezebrowser within my already existing web site. I already have an index.htm. I realize I can make a new directory and put the index.htm and all the other files in there, but I would have likes the page to be named other than index.htm.


Dave
www.davefaulk.com (external link)

  
  LOG IN TO REPLY
robertwgross
Cream of the Crop
Avatar
9,462 posts
Likes: 3
Joined Nov 2002
Location: California
     
Feb 23, 2003 22:36 |  #4

It should not be too hard to rename a file from INDEX.HTM to be NEW.HTM. Just use Windows file utilities, right click Rename.

---Bob Gross---




  
  LOG IN TO REPLY
Dans_D60
Senior Member
592 posts
Joined Apr 2002
Location: Temecula Ca
     
Feb 23, 2003 22:37 |  #5

It looks like Breeze has hard-coded navigation reference links for certain pages including the home index page “index.htmâ€

@prev@ | a href="index.htm" Index /a | @next@ br

(I intentionally left out the HTML control characters). Don’t believe there is an easy way to change the naming references. Maybe in V2.6?
Dan
http://www.pettusphoto​.com (external link)


Dan (external link)
Dan Pettus Photography (external link)
BLOG (external link)
FB (external link)

  
  LOG IN TO REPLY
reittila
Member
112 posts
Joined Sep 2001
     
Feb 24, 2003 00:33 |  #6

MattS wrote:
Hi Dave,

HTML code automatically displays a page with the name index.htm or I believe default.htm. If the name was anything else it would have to be hard coded in the actual URL address used to get to it.

Matt

It's actually not the HTML-code that does anything here. It's a question of WEB-server's configuration.
Practically every other web-server than Microsoft IIS defaults to index.htm or index.html. Microsoft IIS defaults to default.asp. The default document can be of course configured to enything else also in IIS.




  
  LOG IN TO REPLY
reittila
Member
112 posts
Joined Sep 2001
     
Feb 24, 2003 00:34 |  #7

davefaulk wrote:
Matt,

I want to incorporate pages generated by Breezebrowser within my already existing web site. I already have an index.htm. I realize I can make a new directory and put the index.htm and all the other files in there, but I would have likes the page to be named other than index.htm.

Matt: You can make a subfolder and put the BB-made pages ther. Then there will be no conflict.




  
  LOG IN TO REPLY
Dans_D60
Senior Member
592 posts
Joined Apr 2002
Location: Temecula Ca
     
Feb 24, 2003 08:19 |  #8

reittila wrote:

It's actually not the HTML-code that does anything here. It's a question of WEB-server's configuration.
Practically every other web-server than Microsoft IIS defaults to index.htm or index.html. Microsoft IIS defaults to default.asp. The default document can be of course configured to enything else also in IIS.

I believe Dave wanted to change Breeze Browser fixed naming schema from “index.htm†to anything else. I find Breeze uses fixed hard-coded navigation so you can change the page name but you also must change the HTML code for every page that references index. Several HTML generators like FrontPage can do this automatically. You’re correct regarding MS IIS, but I have configured my IIS to support just about anything I throw at it including index.htm and index.html.
Dan
http://www.pettusphoto​.com (external link)


Dan (external link)
Dan Pettus Photography (external link)
BLOG (external link)
FB (external link)

  
  LOG IN TO REPLY
reittila
Member
112 posts
Joined Sep 2001
     
Feb 24, 2003 09:00 |  #9

Dans_D60 wrote:
reittila wrote:

It's actually not the HTML-code that does anything here. It's a question of WEB-server's configuration.
Practically every other web-server than Microsoft IIS defaults to index.htm or index.html. Microsoft IIS defaults to default.asp. The default document can be of course configured to enything else also in IIS.

I believe Dave wanted to change Breeze Browser fixed naming schema from “index.htm†to anything else. I find Breeze uses fixed hard-coded navigation so you can change the page name but you also must change the HTML code for every page that references index. Several HTML generators like FrontPage can do this automatically. You’re correct regarding MS IIS, but I have configured my IIS to support just about anything I throw at it including index.htm and index.html.
Dan
http://www.pettusphoto​.com (external link)

That's correct, but instead of renaming index page and partially rewriting the other pages it would be easier to make own subfolders for each gallery.
Edit: It's also "standard procedure" and it "looks" better ;)




  
  LOG IN TO REPLY
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,990 views & 0 likes for this thread
BREEZEBROWSER HTML
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
x 1600
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!


COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.


POWERED BY AMASS forum software 2.1forum software
version 2.1 /
code and design
by Pekka Saarinen ©
for photography-on-the.net

Latest registered member is stel
952 guests, 387 members online
Simultaneous users record so far is 15144, that happened on Nov 22, 2018

Photography-on-the.net Digital Photography Forums is the website for photographers and all who love great photos, camera and post processing techniques, gear talk, discussion and sharing. Professionals, hobbyists, newbies and those who don't even own a camera -- all are welcome regardless of skill, favourite brand, gear, gender or age. Registering and usage is free.