Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 27 Jul 2007 (Friday) 20:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New 30d & Need Help

-MasterChief-
- B E L I E V E -
3,188 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jul 27, 2007 22:08 |  #31

thats strange ... ive never heard of an EOS VIEWER UTILITY. i just checked and what i have on my laptop is Eos Utility, and DPP 3.0. EOS Utility is what i use to put my name on my Canon Digital bodies. if you ever figure it out, keep us posted, id like to know the resolution to this. good luck!

sponsored links
Jaime
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,464 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 27, 2007 22:12 |  #32

DDan wrote in post #3623053 (external link)
Have you rebooted? I hate to ask but its a necessary step in middle of this kind of stuff. When in doubt reboot?

Yes I have, thanks.

"My eyes see but a minute reflection of what my soul
longs to capture through the sensual art of photography."
Jaime E. Pagán
https://photography-on-the.net …php?p=6253713#p​ost6253713

Jaime
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,464 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 27, 2007 22:15 |  #33

The EOS utility in my machine will not even launch it ays it cannot be launched. I last used this utility to add my name to the Canon 20d I owned previously and just sold. I have never used the EOS utility at all,

Jaime E. Pagán

-MasterChief-
- B E L I E V E -
3,188 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jul 27, 2007 22:18 |  #34

im out of ideas .... the next thing i might try is to uninstall anything Canon, then delete the Canon registry key from HKLM\Software, reboot. re-enter the Canon registry values, then reinstall.

DDan
Goldmember
1,725 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jul 27, 2007 22:19 as a reply to  @ Jaime's post |  #35

Kon, how did you end up with a 30D and no disk? I still think its a driver issue. This happens when you hook up a new device without loading its driver. Windows grabs a driver that it thinks is correct but isn't and loads it. Its a common occurrence.

My Gear
DansRacePhotos.com (external link)

Dangerous Dan

danpass
Goldmember
2,134 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jul 27, 2007 22:19 |  #36

EOS Utility (not EOS VIEWER Utility) is what you need to set the name on the camera, I just checked with mine.

I had once found DPP core prog on the Japanese site but I can't find EOS Utility on there.

LOL, beat to the punch, too much time searching

Dan
Gallery (external link) | Gear/Feedback

Jaime
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,464 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 27, 2007 22:58 |  #37

DDan wrote in post #3623109 (external link)
Kon, how did you end up with a 30D and no disk? I still think its a driver issue. This happens when you hook up a new device without loading its driver. Windows grabs a driver that it thinks is correct but isn't and loads it. Its a common occurrence.

I used the cd it brought, it just wont work. It is a new camera, the camera is fine otherwise so its a problem with the software, and it became more of a problem when I unistalled what I had, because now I cannot re install it.

Jaime E. Pagán

DDan
Goldmember
1,725 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jul 27, 2007 23:01 |  #38

KonTiki wrote in post #3623236 (external link)
I used the cd it brought, it just wont work. It is a new camera, the camera is fine otherwise so its a problem with the software, and it became more of a problem when I unistalled what I had, because now I cannot re install it.

If you have the CD, you can install anything you need. I don't understand.

My Gear

Dangerous Dan

Jaime
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,464 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 27, 2007 23:04 |  #39

danpass wrote in post #3623112 (external link)
EOS Utility (not EOS VIEWER Utility) is what you need to set the name on the camera, I just checked with mine.

I had once found DPP core prog on the Japanese site but I can't find EOS Utility on there.

LOL, beat to the punch, too much time searching

I guess it must be a language problem with me and trying to get you to understnad, that a) the EOS Utility will not launch in my machine, it wont today, it never has for as long as I have owned canon cameras. b) a while back I found an utility called EOS Viewer Utility that I have always used to add my name to the cameras until today. When It would not work (it was greyed out) is when I came for help. I was told to unistall it and get a fresh copy, I went to canon and downloaded what they have for the canon eos viewer utility, it is only an UPDATER, it will not install because it cannot find the original program that I was told here to unistall. If I had kept it and used the updater the installation would have worked and we would still not be here. Now if some one could point me to the original version of the EOS VIEWER UTILITY or send it to me I would be done, the problem is that people point me to the general area for driver download, I know how to get there been there done that, that is not the answer for me my problem and my machine. I appreciate the help that is being tried but I know exactly what I need, nothing else will work.

Jaime E. Pagán

DDan
Goldmember
1,725 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jul 27, 2007 23:09 |  #40

KonTiki wrote in post #3623257 (external link)
Now if some one could point me to the original version of the EOS VIEWER UTILITY or send it to me I would be done, the problem is that people point me to the general area for driver download, I know how to get there been there done that, that is not the answer for me my problem and my machine. I appreciate the help that is being tried but I know exactly what I need, nothing else will work.

Its not a EOS VIEWER UTILITY. It is a EOS UTILITY. I just hooked my 30 up and the EOS UTILITY does what you want.

My Gear

Dangerous Dan

Jaime
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,464 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 27, 2007 23:14 |  #41

DDan wrote in post #3623269 (external link)
Its not a EOS VIEWER UTILITY. It is a EOS UTILITY. I just hooked my 30 up and the EOS UTILITY does what you want.

Ok My last post and I wont come back to this thread because apparently you do not like to read or have a hard time understanding this:

a)the EOS Utility will not launch in my machine, it wont today, it never has for as long as I have owned canon cameras. b) a while back I found an utility called EOS Viewer Utility that I have always used to add my name to the cameras until today

Thank You for trying to help. I know what works for you but that does not work for me, the above has been what has always worked for me, nothing else nothing more.

Jaime E. Pagán

danpass
Goldmember
2,134 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jul 27, 2007 23:15 |  #42

[Scratches head]

No EOS Viewer Utility on the Canon download page

Installed on my machine (everything on the CD) is:
DPP
EOS Utility
Zoombrowser EX (this perhaps?)

Invoking the mystical powers of The Google, and using the secret incantation "eos viewer utility", seems to reveal that Zoombrowser has replaced what used to be called eos viewer utility which in turn replaced File Viewer Utility.

and because of my proper penance The Google Mystic has revealed this:

http://software.canon-europe.com/software/00​20965.asp?model= (external link)

howsat?

Dan
Gallery (external link) | Gear/Feedback

DDan
Goldmember
1,725 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jul 27, 2007 23:24 as a reply to  @ danpass's post |  #43

It appears to me that the 30D must not be backward compatible with previous software releases based on your report. I just checked and the new software is backward compatible with old hardware. I just hooked up my dRebel and the EOS utility works fine for the same functions ( i synced the clocks ). You are going to have to fix your new software somehow. Sorry.

My Gear

Dangerous Dan

Ron1004
375 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Jul 28, 2007 00:58 as a reply to  @ DDan's post |  #44

Post deleted - Of no use to anyone.

EOS 350D + Kit 18-55 lens (looking to donate) , EOS 30D 18-270 Tamron (wife's), 7D MkII
EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS USM, EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS USM, EF 28 f1.8 USM, EF-s 10-22,
Kenko 2X TC, Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II PZD VC AF, 580EX

stenchlord
126 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jul 28, 2007 02:10 |  #45

I used the CD from my 400D and it recognised my second hand 30D so that I could change the name of the owner...

I know of a friend who's computer couldn't recognise his 30D so he bought a new USB cable off eBay and then the computer recognised it for some reason...

John's Gear - Canon EOS 30D + BG-E2 | 10-20/4-5.6 | 30/1.4 | 50/1.4 | 70-200/4L | 430EX | Slingshot 200 AW | Crumpler 7 MDH | Manfrotto 190XPROB

sponsored links

11,641 views & 0 likes for this thread
New 30d & Need Help
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.