Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
Thread started 19 Aug 2007 (Sunday) 11:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Eastbourne Air Show - 18th August

Wazza
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,627 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 19, 2007 15:53 |  #16

Thanks again all, no worries MStar, good shots! I was tempted to go down to the pier, but that was the other end. Most displays seemed to be centred over the building I was in - I guess that was their line up marker.

Thanks Juz, yeah camera going well. I happened to view your gear list the night before I went, and was dreaming of that 300-800 lens, how ideal it would have been. It's possibly my next big purchase. That new 14mm 2.8 L II looks tempting too. Have no money for purchases though for a few years. It's all gone into my travelling. :lol:

edit: Juz, our gear list is very similar too.. 50 1.4, 85 1.8, 17-40, 24-105, 120-300.. And the future 300-800. 1D, 20D and a 580EX.. Excellent choice! ;)

New Zealand Photography Tours (external link) | Williams Photography - Queenstown Wedding Photography (external link) |
Instagram (external link) | Facebook - Weddings (external link) | Facebook - Landscapes + Tours (external link)

sponsored links
Wazza
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,627 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 19, 2007 15:56 |  #17

PS. Any rego hunters/plane spotters out there, I put the same pics up on my blog, with some regs of the more rare aircraft.
www.warrenwilliams.co.​nz/blog (external link)

New Zealand Photography Tours (external link) | Williams Photography - Queenstown Wedding Photography (external link) |
Instagram (external link) | Facebook - Weddings (external link) | Facebook - Landscapes + Tours (external link)

Mstar
Goldmember
1,946 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined May 2006

Aug 19, 2007 15:58 |  #18

Have to say, I liked your photo of the beach with the filter.

I noticed you have been to Eagle Heights. I was there last week and they let those storks fly. They were huge! Nearly ate my lens.

I left the air show a little early to explore Beachy Head. I know the area well. I think next year I may stay there for the displays in the hope I may be able to see and take a photo of a Spitfire over the white cliffs. Where your photo is of the 747, I hope to be there, rather than the Pier. You can walk down to the sea and I think see the famous red and white lighthouse and maybe take a photo of a Spitfire next year. I maybe in one of your photos- in full winter gear- my yellow jacket and a red nose!!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon 20D, 7D +grip
16-35 F2.8 MKIIL; 10-22mm f3.5-4.5
18-55 F3.5-F5.6 kit lens, 70-200 F2.8 , L; 50mm F1.8 Kenko extension tubes; 430 Flash
Various filters, Diagonal Haoda focus screen, Canon 1.4 extender

Wazza
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,627 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 19, 2007 16:03 |  #19

I'll check my full res pics out now.

Are you following me or something? :lol: I was at Eagle Heights Thursday a week ago.
Where to next? I'm probably going to Canterbury Saturday afternoon after working 5 1/2 days this coming week

Wazza
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,627 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 19, 2007 16:11 |  #20

Standing in the corner, yellow with black jacket (same as your avatar?)

www.warrenwilliams.co.​nz/AIRL1288.JPG (external link)

Mstar
Goldmember
1,946 posts
Joined May 2006

Aug 19, 2007 17:12 |  #21

Wazza!!!!!!!!

Dammmmmmmn that Mark III! I have seen myself!! Yup, just as my aviator!

YES, yes. I'm at the very end of the Pier with my winter yellow jacket and a black woolly hat on for that extra protection! THAT IS SO FREEKY! LOL! :oops: :oops: :oops::):):):)

I've just laughed so much, I almost fell off my chair!

I've been spotted by POTN!

I do get around a bit. Scotland, Northumberland, Lake District and all over the UK, including Warick and Stratford upon Avon! I was looking at air tickets to New Zealand last week!! I'm saving up for a MacBook Pro at the moment so am not too sure which will win, probably the laptop, as I intend to take that on my travels and edit my photos as I go.

Keep snapping:)

M

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon 20D, 7D +grip
18-55 F3.5-F5.6 kit lens, 70-200 F2.8 , L; 50mm F1.8 Kenko extension tubes; 430 Flash

Wazza
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,627 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 19, 2007 17:26 |  #22

That's pretty cool then!

You must have a flexible job to get around so much.
My new job involves monday-friday and some saturdays also.
Don't think I'll last long, may relocate to Newcastle - still thinking about it - if I don't then I'l go there towards Christmas/Jan for some winter shots, and have the last few weeks left off before going back to NZ on Feb 5th

dgcorner
Goldmember
4,722 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Aug 19, 2007 23:41 |  #23

Well done Warren!

John;)

Believe... Work hard... and it will happen!

My Gear

i-gadget
66 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Aug 20, 2007 04:19 as a reply to  @ dgcorner's post |  #24

Nice shots Warren - especially considering the conditions.....

I was at my mothers house - close to the end of the runway at Shoreham airport yesterday afternoon, so was treated to landings/departures/ impromptu fly pasts re refuelling/staging of the Spitfires (Hurricane?) and helicopters associated with the Eastbourne show. Possibly missed others but had to mow the lawn! :confused:

John

www.literalimage.com (external link)

Canon 5D ¦ Canon S2 IS
17-40L ¦ 24-105L ¦ 70-300IS ¦ 100-400L ¦ Sigma150 APO DG
Canon 580EX / MR-14EX ¦ POTN Strap

JuZ
Goldmember
1,615 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Aug 20, 2007 06:37 |  #25

Wazza wrote in post #3755895 (external link)
Juz, our gear list is very similar too.. 50 1.4, 85 1.8, 17-40, 24-105, 120-300.. And the future 300-800. 1D, 20D and a 580EX.. Excellent choice! ;)

I just need the 1D MkIII now then :D

JuZ ;)
My Gear

wrxflame
339 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jan 2007

Aug 20, 2007 08:20 |  #26

Stunning shots, love no.1

Mstar
Goldmember
1,946 posts
Joined May 2006

Aug 20, 2007 11:13 |  #27

Wazza

You are following me! Having spent two years at Newcastle, I have to say it was the best time of my life. It should not be too long for you to join them walking down Grey Street in a tea-shirt in the freezing cold and with six inches of snow around your feet on a Friday night. They are a tough bunch up there and I would add, more friendly than us southern folk who tend to keep ourselves to ourselves. Just my impression anyway.

However, they do talk funny. I could not understand them for weeks. I got used to it in the end. I think they have a musical tone which I think is nice.

You may like to try this site:

http://www.geordie.org​.uk/ (external link)

You can use it to translate English into Geordie!!

This is what you said earlier, as an example:

"That's pretty cool then!

Don't think I'll last long, may relocate to Newcastle - still thinking about it - if I don't then I'l go there towards Christmas/Jan for some winter shots, and have the last few weeks left off before going back to NZ on Feb 5th."

....and now into Geordie:

"That's bonney cool then!

Yee must hev a flexible job te get around so much.
Me new job involves monday-friday an some saturdays also.
Divvent think I'll last long, may relocate te The Toon - still thinking aboot it - if Ah divvent then I'l gan there towards Christmas/Jan fre some winter shots, an hev the last few weeks left off before gannin back te NZ on Feb 5th ."

I hope you enjoyed that.

My job is Mon-Fri also. I just like to escape and explore from time to time.

I reckon, you should make a visit to the Lake District, as I think you may have missed it on your travels. It may remind you of home? Well, they are mini-mountains compared to your home. I find them more accessible than Scotland, but, so does everybody else and it can be a bit crowded.

Just to wet your appetite :

http://en.wikipedia.or​g/wiki/Lake_District (external link)

and:

http://www.keswick.u-net.com/ldp.htm (external link)

Finally, a few pics on the BBC:
http://www.bbc.co.uk:8​0 …airbourne_galle​ry.shtml?2 (external link)

M

Canon 20D, 7D +grip

Wazza
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,627 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 20, 2007 14:36 |  #28

i-gadget wrote in post #3759182 (external link)
Nice shots Warren - especially considering the conditions.....

I was at my mothers house - close to the end of the runway at Shoreham airport yesterday afternoon, so was treated to landings/departures/ impromptu fly pasts re refuelling/staging of the Spitfires (Hurricane?) and helicopters associated with the Eastbourne show. Possibly missed others but had to mow the lawn! :confused:

John

Sounds like you would have had a good SHELTERED view!
Are you going to Shoreham airshow in 4 weeks?

JuZ wrote in post #3759543 (external link)
I just need the 1D MkIII now then :D

Maybe you don't really need that 300-800 and giving to a free home? :)

wrxflame wrote in post #3759895 (external link)
Stunning shots, love no.1

Cheers mate

Mstar wrote in post #3760796 (external link)
Wazza

You are following me! Having spent two years at Newcastle, I have to say it was the best time of my life. It should not be too long for you to join them walking down Grey Street in a tea-shirt in the freezing cold and with six inches of snow around your feet on a Friday night. They are a tough bunch up there and I would add, more friendly than us southern folk who tend to keep ourselves to ourselves. Just my impression anyway.

However, they do talk funny. I could not understand them for weeks. I got used to it in the end. I think they have a musical tone which I think is nice.

You may like to try this site:

http://www.geordie.org​.uk/ (external link)

You can use it to translate English into Geordie!!

This is what you said earlier, as an example:

"That's pretty cool then!

Don't think I'll last long, may relocate to Newcastle - still thinking about it - if I don't then I'l go there towards Christmas/Jan for some winter shots, and have the last few weeks left off before going back to NZ on Feb 5th."

....and now into Geordie:

"That's bonney cool then!

Yee must hev a flexible job te get around so much.
Me new job involves monday-friday an some saturdays also.
Divvent think I'll last long, may relocate te The Toon - still thinking aboot it - if Ah divvent then I'l gan there towards Christmas/Jan fre some winter shots, an hev the last few weeks left off before gannin back te NZ on Feb 5th ."

I hope you enjoyed that.

My job is Mon-Fri also. I just like to escape and explore from time to time.

I reckon, you should make a visit to the Lake District, as I think you may have missed it on your travels. It may remind you of home? Well, they are mini-mountains compared to your home. I find them more accessible than Scotland, but, so does everybody else and it can be a bit crowded.

Just to wet your appetite :

http://en.wikipedia.or​g/wiki/Lake_District (external link)

and:

http://www.keswick.u-net.com/ldp.htm (external link)

Finally, a few pics on the BBC:
http://www.bbc.co.uk:8​0 …airbourne_galle​ry.shtml?2 (external link)

M

:lol: Thanks for all that info, love the Geordie page!
I saw last night on tv, the info on Skye, Lake District, London, for britains "favourite view"... I was on keyboard, typing down every destination! I think I will work in my current job till mid-late December, then travel up North - I'm hoping for a late-ish winter, as I don't want to get snowed in

dgcorner wrote in post #3758209 (external link)
Well done Warren!

Thanks John, missing the GKPE shoots, and typically I'm shooting with others, but mostl alone lately, apart from adam*, (newcastle)

Gamut
819 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 20, 2007 23:03 |  #29

There are some really rich shots here. Nice stuff.

5D MIII | 24-70L | 16-35L | 24-105L IS USM | 70-200L IS USM

zman
776 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 20, 2007 23:07 |  #30

Wazza, love the first shot - colors are amazing!
The rest are great too; you definitely got right tool (MK3) for the job.

sponsored links

6,332 views & 0 likes for this thread
Eastbourne Air Show - 18th August
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.