Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Urban Life & Travel 
Thread started 19 Aug 2007 (Sunday) 18:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

If you ever see this guy in Chicago, DO NOT Photograph him!

Ross ­ Workman
94 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 28, 2007 20:21 |  #91

superdiver wrote in post #3801457 (external link)
This is one of those cases where it would be fun to make a point of taking this guys picture every day for a year....LOL

I bet there are enough POTNers in or passing through Chicago that it could be done....

What would be even more funny....Have about a dozen POTNers converge in a circle, shoot him at the same time, and all leave in different directions.
He wouldn't know what to do or who to chase! :lol:

Ross

sponsored links
GeoffSFAs10
Goldmember
1,293 posts
Gallery: 237 photos
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 29, 2007 18:35 |  #92

That guy has been there forever. my friends have pictures of him. he tried to snatch their disposible cameras, he wanted to smash them. i think hes just a prick

5Dc | 7D | 17-40 | 85 F1.8 | 40 STM | 28-135 | 100-400 | 550EX
"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all"
Flickr (external link)

IMARLOW
458 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Aug 30, 2007 09:40 |  #93

Personally i think you handled this very well.
Absolutely no point in getting into a confrontation with someone you do not know.
Whilst i feel confident i can preserve my well being and dignity in such situations, i tend to back away rather than have to prove the point.
Little point in risking your neck for the sake of a photo, life is worth a whole lot more than that.

Canon EOS 1D MARK 111, Canon EOS 20d, 28-300 L, 70-200 L, 24-70 L, 100-400 L. Sigma 10-20mm ,SPEEDLITE 550EX, SPEEDLITE 580EX11

tumana
264 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Aug 31, 2007 05:09 |  #94

IMARLOW wrote in post #3826523 (external link)
Little point in risking your neck for the sake of a photo, life is worth a whole lot more than that.

Life? :) He's not killing people. He yelling at them. But I get it. ;)

Ian G

locky
Goldmember
2,663 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Aug 31, 2007 05:36 |  #95
bannedPermanent ban

Funny I came across this thread. Heres what I encountered back in April. We were on our way to see the play Wicked. There was this guy dressed up as the tin man on the corner. Well my 17 yr old Daughter takes his picture. Next thing I know heres this idiot hollering and running after my Daughter trying to grab the camera. Doing what im sure any Dad would do in this situation I grab the guys arm to stop him and I punched him. I then proceded to explain to the guy what is going to happen if he trys anything. The guy said a couple of words back but knew I was serious and he went back to his corner. It was more an embarrasing moment for me for this to happen in front of my Family. I dont like it for my kids to see me act and talk like that. But when it comes to someone trying to hurt my family most people would react in the same way.

I just got my first pair of glasses that I didn't think I needed. I apologize to anybody in the past year that I said their pictures were out of focus lol.

kenyc
Cream of the Crop
15,511 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2005

Aug 31, 2007 06:05 |  #96

locky wrote in post #3832432 (external link)
Funny I came across this thread. Heres what I encountered back in April. We were on our way to see the play Wicked. There was this guy dressed up as the tin man on the corner. Well my 17 yr old Daughter takes his picture. Next thing I know heres this idiot hollering and running after my Daughter trying to grab the camera. Doing what im sure any Dad would do in this situation I grab the guys arm to stop him and I punched him. I then proceded to explain to the guy what is going to happen if he trys anything. The guy said a couple of words back but knew I was serious and he went back to his corner. It was more an embarrasing moment for me for this to happen in front of my Family. I dont like it for my kids to see me act and talk like that. But when it comes to someone trying to hurt my family most people would react in the same way.

Good for you!

KAC

Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Page (external link) - Photo Gallery (external link) - Art Print Gallery (external link) - Writing&Poetry (external link)
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

harleydog
230 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 31, 2007 09:42 as a reply to  @ kenyc's post |  #97

Well it is a beautiful day in Chicago, weather is perfect. I am going downtown to look for this creep. I will get some shots if I find him. If you never hear from me again, you know what happend....:)

Wish me luck!

Adamora
Who said i want a title? :(
4,742 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 31, 2007 10:40 |  #98

Get his shot god dammit! XD i want to see more of this idiot lol

[Adam]
[100D][Nifty Fifty]

locky
Goldmember
2,663 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Aug 31, 2007 11:41 as a reply to  @ Adamora's post |  #99
bannedPermanent ban

Here's the picture my Daughter took.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

I just got my first pair of glasses that I didn't think I needed. I apologize to anybody in the past year that I said their pictures were out of focus lol.

kenyc
Cream of the Crop
15,511 posts
Joined May 2005

Aug 31, 2007 12:11 |  #100

harleydog wrote in post #3833564 (external link)
Well it is a beautiful day in Chicago, weather is perfect. I am going downtown to look for this creep. I will get some shots if I find him. If you never hear from me again, you know what happend....:)

Wish me luck!

Will be looking forward to it.

KAC

Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Page (external link) - Photo Gallery (external link) - Art Print Gallery (external link) - Writing&Poetry (external link)

Darsk47
Goldmember
4,261 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Aug 31, 2007 13:07 |  #101

The guy's phishing for hassles by the sound of it......which is incredibly odd since dudes that dress in this manner in downtown areas of big cities will do posing for loose change.

BTW bravo to you Locky for defending your daughter.

Darcy
5DIII, 7D, 30D, 24-70 2.8IIL, 85MM 1.2 II
L; 70-200 2.8L IS; 580EX II; a hearty laugh;
Pair of AB 800s & lots of other stuff 'n' junk.
POTN Fantasy Football; aka Wide Right (charter member & perennial also ran)

canonloader
Cream of the Crop
52,880 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 31, 2007 13:12 |  #102

I'm surprised this guy is still able to walk. Harrassing adults is one thing, messing with kids is a good way to get knee capped if not worse.

Mitch- ____...^.^...____
My Microscope Stuff (external link)
Gear List, My You Tube (external link)
War is not about who's right, it's about who's left.

kenyc
Cream of the Crop
15,511 posts
Joined May 2005

Aug 31, 2007 13:17 |  #103

Darsk47 wrote in post #3834912 (external link)
The guy's phishing for hassles by the sound of it......which is incredibly odd since dudes that dress in this manner in downtown areas of big cities will do posing for loose change.

BTW bravo to you Locky for defending your daughter.

Likely he's a wacko (there are lots of mentally unstable people loose on the streets) and he may believe that taking a picture captures your soul. Best not to judge other's behavior by your own state of sanity. That doesn't mean you shouldn't defend yourself or family though. :)

KAC

Kenny A. Chaffin

S.Horton
worship my useful and insightful comments
18,051 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 31, 2007 13:22 |  #104

Nice shot. Glad you kept it.

Sam - TF Says Ishmael
http://midnightblue.sm​ugmug.com (external link) 
Want your title changed?Dream On! (external link)

:cool:

Reservoir_Dog
148 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Aug 31, 2007 17:08 as a reply to  @ S.Horton's post |  #105

Wow, there's a lot of rambo's here.
Another thing, u may be as tall as u may, a good streetfighter will knock u flat out....

sponsored links

27,360 views & 0 likes for this thread
If you ever see this guy in Chicago, DO NOT Photograph him!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Urban Life & Travel 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.