Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 31 Aug 2007 (Friday) 07:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Myspace

Transcendence
96 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Aug 31, 2007 07:40 |  #1

Does anyone use myspace as an advertising tool? I have a website but figure myspace would also be a good place to kind of network?

sponsored links
S.E.V.
/Include subdirectories, empty directories, and verify.
3,866 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Aug 31, 2007 19:02 |  #2

Transcendence wrote in post #3832913 (external link)
Does anyone use myspace as an advertising tool? I have a website but figure myspace would also be a good place to kind of network?

Alot of companies have myspace pages. The graphic card company EVGA has one. It is free advertising and you never know what you might get out if, good or bad. I know that my friends has a page for his event that he throws for cars shows. Peoplecomment about the event afterwards so it seems to work for him. Plus it is FREE!:)

ShotsInTime (external link) / Gear List /Flickr (external link) / Canon Family Portrait (external link)
- Don't Argue With A Stupid Person, They Will Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

rabidcow
Goldmember
1,100 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Aug 31, 2007 19:25 |  #3

I do. I just got all of the Prestige Portraits MySpace pages up last week.

*edit* the Indiana Prestige Portraits

http://www.myspace.com​/prestigeavon (external link)

http://www.myspace.com​/prestigeeast (external link)

http://www.myspace.com​/prestigenorth (external link)

http://www.myspace.com​/prestigemuncie (external link)

http://www.myspace.com​/prestigegreenwood (external link)

Steven A. Pryor (external link)
Photo Manager, Prestige Portraits (Central Indiana)
Pixel peep or shoot...Pixel peep or shoot... or shoot... (external link)
Stuff

S.Horton
worship my useful and insightful comments
18,051 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 31, 2007 19:32 |  #4

^^ NICE site design.

Sam - TF Says Ishmael
http://midnightblue.sm​ugmug.com (external link) 
Want your title changed?Dream On! (external link)

:cool:

rabidcow
Goldmember
1,100 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Aug 31, 2007 19:33 |  #5

Thanks! :)

Stuff

Julio
170 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 31, 2007 21:22 as a reply to  @ rabidcow's post |  #6

Which layout are you using?

Julio
www.photosbyjulio.com (external link)

rabidcow
Goldmember
1,100 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Aug 31, 2007 22:37 |  #7

I can send you the code, just PM me. You will just have to change the image links. My MySpace page is the same layout.
(link below)

Stuff

B3SEO
783 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 31, 2007 23:03 |  #8

If you are going to advertise on the web, you have to be found, not by your name, but by what you do, and the city you are in. Unless your company name has brand identity, that is how the web works these days.

People who are searching for what you do you, are probably going to type into Google - "yourtown photographer". (Obviously substitute yourtown for your town, or the nearest big city to you).

I see all this web talk about their web sites online, and I am just dumbfounded that people do not totally understand that search engine visibility should be your biggest priority.

If you are going to use the web to advertise, then USE THE WEB. Otherwise your site will just sit in "invisible land", and you'll wonder why you aren't getting business as a result of your web site.

Step back please... I'm armed with a camera...

blackshadow
Mr T. from the A team
5,732 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Aug 31, 2007 23:06 |  #9

I use myspace all the time for marketing and have gained clients both locally and internationally through it for my music photography. It's the same as any form of advertising you have to know your market and target it strategically.

Black Shadow Photography (external link)
Facebook (external link) Flickr (external link) Twitter (external link)
Gear List Myspace (external link)

Transcendence
THREAD ­ STARTER
96 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Sep 02, 2007 09:48 |  #10

My dad lives in Greenwood.

Transcendence
THREAD ­ STARTER
96 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Sep 02, 2007 09:53 |  #11

I have had a myspace page for a while. I am gonna clean it up and post some better images and we are gonna start to use it a little more. I think its a great networking tool outside of a normal website. I was just curious to see if anyone else was using it as well.
http://www.myspace.com​/transcendencephotogra​phy (external link)

*Mike*
632 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Sep 02, 2007 09:56 |  #12

You'll find that this topic swings both ways. Some people swear by it - others don't have much luck. We personally have been using it and doing well with it.

This is our page  (external link)- my wife maintains it for us. She takes our print ads and puts them on the page with a link to our blog or website with more info.

Belle's Photography (external link)* Belle's Blog (external link) * Belle's MySpace (external link)

Transcendence
THREAD ­ STARTER
96 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Sep 02, 2007 10:04 |  #13

I really need to spend the time to clean mine up. Like I said I have not really devoted any time to it but I guess if I want it to work I better start.

Steve ­ Parr
should have taken his own advice
6,593 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Sep 02, 2007 10:17 |  #14
bannedPermanent ban

blackshadow wrote in post #3837993 (external link)
I use myspace all the time for marketing and have gained clients both locally and internationally through it for my music photography. It's the same as any form of advertising you have to know your market and target it strategically.

Man, my experience has been the polar opposite. MySpace has been a complete waste of time for me...

Steve

Canon Bodies, Canon Lenses, Sigma Lenses, Various "Stuff"...

OnStage Photography (external link)

int0xicatedxluv
394 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Sep 02, 2007 10:18 |  #15

I use myspace and I'd say its brough me more business than my actual website has!

sponsored links

1,906 views & 0 likes for this thread
Myspace
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.