Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 06 Sep 2007 (Thursday) 22:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

sorry to rant but 40d is already old news

Dockland
195 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Sep 07, 2007 06:36 |  #76

*lol*

The day You have the money, you'll change opinion *lol*

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM EF 85mm F1.4L IS USM EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM

sponsored links
S.Horton
worship my useful and insightful comments
18,051 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Sep 07, 2007 06:50 |  #77

I think this is like me signing on to a Ferrari forum and complaining.

Sam - TF Says Ishmael
http://midnightblue.sm​ugmug.com (external link) 
Want your title changed?Dream On! (external link)

:cool:

muscleflex
Goldmember
3,010 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Sep 07, 2007 06:51 |  #78

you only joined last month!
i bet when you joined, the forum was full of 40d's already!!!

:cool:Canon 1D MK III:cool: | Canon EOS 20D | Canon 16-35 II [COLOR=red]L [COLOR=black]| Canon 100-400 [COLOR=red]L IS | [COLOR=#000000]Canon 50mm II 1.8 | Canon 580 EX II

muscleflex
Goldmember
3,010 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Sep 07, 2007 06:52 |  #79

Dockland wrote in post #3879906 (external link)
*lol*

The day You have the money, you'll change opinion *lol*

lol - i agree!

:cool:Canon 1D MK III:cool: | Canon EOS 20D | Canon 16-35 II [COLOR=red]L [COLOR=black]| Canon 100-400 [COLOR=red]L IS | [COLOR=#000000]Canon 50mm II 1.8 | Canon 580 EX II

sebmour
Goldmember
1,417 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Sep 07, 2007 06:58 |  #80

So you think only Mp make a difference.
What if I need a backup, 1.6X crop, faster focus, faster FPS, bigger brighter viewfinder, cross type sensor and bigger. The XTi might be your perfect camera but for me it his too small, too ligth and not really good in dark lighting for weddings.

I just do not understand people that will rant but not understand that some people are looking at different bodies for different reasons. There are advantages to every bodybut also some fall off.

Hope you baked alot of cookies cause I have my milk and hugry too!

Montreal and Destination wedding photographer (external link)
5DIII, 5DII X2, 15mm f2.8, 24L,35L, 50 1.4, 85LII, 135L, 200LIS, 2X430EXII, 4X580EXII

bwolford
Goldmember
3,705 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 07, 2007 07:36 |  #81

titan307 wrote in post #3878215 (external link)
i didnt say it wasnt a great camera im sure it is. sorry for the punctuation but i am pulling a 16hr shift. i am 40 now.
but no one seems to even touch on the issues stated.

Wow, I had no idea working long hours disabled the SHIFT key. I need to write my bosses to let them know about this inherit defect. Can you give me the model number and brand of your computer and we'll get right on it. Sorry, if it's not our brand, I can't help you.

Brice
Gear List
Sample Gallery (external link)http://thewolfords.com​/2007XmasProofs (external link)

bwolford
Goldmember
3,705 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 07, 2007 07:45 |  #82

gdl357 wrote in post #3878501 (external link)
Titan, I have found that sharing your deep down feelings/opinions on this forum is a waste of your time. Infact it will even get you aggrivated. People here are just here to flame at the first chance they have, just to make you feel like scum because you have a different view and is not like a pro would think, so they get insulted.

If you pro photogs can't read a paragraph because the letter after the period is not a Capital Letter, than you have some serious reading dissabilities. Don't exaggerate it. If this was a instructions manual for a snakebite kit written in the same format, I am sure you would easily be able to read it.

1) He's getting treated this way, mostly because of his delivery, not the message, IMHO. Which leads me to

2) Using punctuation and capitalization, along with occasional parapgraph formatting, makes for an easier and more interesting read. If everyone wrote as Titan wrote it wouldn't be an issue. But the majority of literate and capable English speaking people do use capitalization, punctuation, and paragraphs so it is the standard.

tie the message with the inability to capitalize and you get a boring, unreadable, and rambling post. this tends to turn people off. i don't think most would have a problem with his message, although it would be debated, which would generally be the point of a post like that: stimulate conversation. if he didn't want a response to his opinion, a public forum full of opinionated photographers, some with bloated egos, is probably not the place to make the comment. if you do post something like that, and don't want a response, then say so. as a public service, i've written this in titan's native format so, perhaps he might get the message too.

Enjoy the day!

Brice
Gear List
Sample Gallery (external link)http://thewolfords.com​/2007XmasProofs (external link)

jkoc
375 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Sep 07, 2007 07:48 |  #83

i cant believe you took the time to edit the post hehe.

this was a great morning coffee read at work. better than reading news.google.com thanks!

mcmadkat wrote in post #3879522 (external link)
People rave about the pics from the 40D and they would look better to me too if had just forked out $1200-$1600 on something I didn't really need just so I could say I got one too.

Come on people; if you have the software you can make any picture look just as good as any other. Shoot pics without any cropping, fading, blurring, smudging and all the other tricks of the trade and see what you have. Unless you blow it up a trillion times (1,000,000,000,000% zoom) you probably wont be able to tell much if any difference between them. I cant do this yet because I still dont know how or what to shoot.

Sorry to be such a downer, but all you read on here now is about the 40D . So what? They moved some buttons around and added another gimmick or two to get the "my new toy is better than yours" people to spend more money. Besides faster shutter speed and different build materials; it's still a 10.1 mp camera, with a different way to process it.

When I first got on this site I was looking for people that could show me the best ways to become a good photographer, but mostly all you see now is my 40D does this or my 40D does that, what can your 40D do? And I look at all your equipment and some of the pictures you have taken, and I say to myself "DAMN" why did these people spend all that money on something that couldn't possibly make them take any better pictures.

I will tell you the pics on here are great, gives me something to strive towards. Ok all you people bash me; I dont care, I came here to learn so teach when someone post a pic if something is wrong critique it and tell them why you did what you did and how to improve. Dont say "get a 40D and all will be ok" what about us not so "needy" people so what I just bought an XTI I can easily afford more but WHY? I spent $700 on my 10.1 camera and you spent $1200-$1500 on a 10.1 camera with a realigned thumbwheel.

So prove you point and post some unmolested pics with your new 40D and your old stuff of the same object. Make your best on camera adjustments ,no trickery. Don't tell which camera took which pic and see if anyone can tell the difference. I bet no unless you really make it obvious.

Ban me if you can't take the truth that's fine.

---------------

Well, now that is easier to read lets address a couple of things.

1. People will always want the newest and best, that is the pricinple of consumerism and is what drives most 1st world economies.

2. The 40D may not have any different image quality to the 400D, but the improvements in the mechanism to take the shot (FPS, autofocus) and all great upgrades. The build quality is also higher, so less likely to get damaged in the field.

3. I can absolutely no difference in image quality between a 350D and 30D, but I still want to get a 30D. Why? Because it would serve my needs better, heck at the end of the day you buy what you can afford. If you can afford a 40D, then get it.

4. Will a 40D make you a better photographer? Probably not. But it will allow you to get pictures that the 400D would not.

I agree on some levels, it is a patheticly late upgrade from Canon. Nikon have really caught them napping this time.

Regards,

Sam

gjl711
According to the lazy TF, My flatulence rates
55,183 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 07, 2007 07:53 |  #84

shesgotthepic wrote in post #3879310 (external link)
I want a rich boyfriend!:D:D:D:D

Hmm.. I need a rich girlfriend, but alas, my well hidden six pack kind of keeps that from happening. ;)

DanteCaspian wrote in post #3879888 (external link)
... Get an understanding of the culture here before you blurt out stuff like that, please.

Why, blurting out is a trademark of this forum. It’s what I love most about it. :)

hortonsl62 wrote in post #3879957 (external link)
I think this is like me signing on to a Ferrari forum and complaining.

I know, heck, a Yaris can kick a Ferrari’s a$$ any day of the week. Those Ferrari guys need to get into one and then they will know. :)

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

EOS400D
99 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Sep 07, 2007 07:55 |  #85

I heard the 40D rid some guy of his acne. Before that he was using film...

Just trying to contribute to the 20 page mark. ;-)a

Gear List

narlus
Cream of the Crop
7,661 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Sep 07, 2007 08:05 |  #86

Ospi wrote in post #3879255 (external link)
also paragraphs are mans best friend.

apostrophes are ok too. :lol:

americanfirst, what's w/ yr sig? feeling a little insecure?

this thread is fascinating on many levels.

www.tinnitus-photography.com (external link)
Facebook link (external link)

gear list

AeroSmith
Goldmember
4,541 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Sep 07, 2007 08:10 as a reply to  @ post 3878668 |  #87

I'm actually thinking that the 40D is going to make me a lesser photographer because it's not a 1D body. It's just so cute is all. ;)

Josh Smith

tiktaalik
Goldmember
1,213 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Sep 07, 2007 08:13 |  #88

The 40D will definitely improve my pictures. My top-secret super decoder ring found the secret message in the manual and I was able to turn on the top secret menu item "Don't Suck". Next stop - front page of National Geographic!

Oh, and I'm also working on getting it to deliver me a pony. Then all will be right with the world.

Julie
My galleries (external link)
https://photography-on-the.net …hp?p=1330884&po​stcount=56

Az2Africa
Goldmember
3,481 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Sep 07, 2007 08:20 |  #89

This thread is making me late for work.:lol:

"If you're not living on the edge. You're taking up too much room !"
My Gear Arizona's POTN Flickr Gallery (external link)

mcmadkat
Goldmember
1,059 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Sep 07, 2007 08:20 |  #90

jkoc wrote in post #3880202 (external link)
i cant believe you took the time to edit the post hehe.

this was a great morning coffee read at work. better than reading news.google.com thanks!

Thanks ;)

30D 17-40L 580EXII
https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=386249

sponsored links

14,139 views & 7 likes for this thread
sorry to rant but 40d is already old news
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.