Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 13 Sep 2007 (Thursday) 23:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Does this work? Urban

Mediation
Goldmember
3,252 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Sep 13, 2007 23:20 |  #1

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

Its a fire engine zooming past. Unfortunately i had a low shutter speed. But does it still have some sort of effect. Or is it ready for the recycle bin...

What can be done to it? opinions will be highly valued.

MATT

sponsored links
CelticRavenVA
207 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Sep 14, 2007 08:35 |  #2

Med,
This one not sure if I would hang on to it. There really isn't a point of focus. The focus should be the fire truck, this looks like a pan shot, that you forgot to pan, or fired fire to late.

CelticRaven
:p ~if you take me too seriously your head might explode~ :lol:

Costa ­ Del ­ Canon
295 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Sep 14, 2007 14:09 |  #3

sorry I don't like it

Silence is Golden.....Duck Tape is Silver!

babyduckmonger
172 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Sep 14, 2007 16:23 |  #4

If there were any part of it that was not blurry it might work. As it is, though, it mostly just looks like a shot that got messed up. Sorry. :(

Mediation
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,252 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Sep 15, 2007 01:08 |  #5

wicked. Yah i thought so. When i took the shot i looked at the small screen and thought Dammit!!..

Thanks. Ill delete it. :)

MATT

CelticRavenVA
207 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Sep 15, 2007 18:00 |  #6

Med,
The key here is not to lose faith. Did you miss what might have been a good shot? Yes. Are there more to come just like that? Oh heck yes... I hate to say it, but when it comes to shots of that nature, you will miss more then you will capture for the first several years of carrying a camera with you everywhere you go.

A great drill for learning, is when you end up with a shot like this that you really wanted to catch and missed, look at it for the next min. and decide what should you have done differently?

Doing the same on your photo, if it had come out of my camera... would have said this, I waited to long, and only caught the back of the truck. My hands weren't steady so instead of a blurry truck to give the impression of speed, I ended up with a generally blurry photo. I was setup for a pan shot, however I stayed fixed on the store behind the truck. (You shot a .25 sec) Which if you panned as the truck was coming across you focused on the front you might have had an awesome picture.....

Try using that type of critique on yourself, and be the first to recognize the issues... then toss them out to the world for their comment. Hope this helps....

CelticRaven
:p ~if you take me too seriously your head might explode~ :lol:

shannyD
"...in too much trouble"
5,219 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Location: scrotumento CA, miss NC, and lived in th north east for a while, and even in the mid west for a bit.

Sep 15, 2007 18:06 |  #7

i like where you went with it. but there isnt anything in focus.. so its hard to figure out what you were really taking a picture of.

like celtic said before. your going to take a lot of pictures like this. but you wont always get it right. ( i have been learning this all the hard way)

i give you credit though. at least you have the cubes to post on here. i have posted worms. lol.

keep going, and i cant wait to see the other things you come out with.

shannon.

sponsored links

991 views & 0 likes for this thread
Does this work? Urban
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.