Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 13 Oct 2007 (Saturday) 19:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Does anyone use this system....

David_P_C_NC
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Oct 13, 2007 19:51 |  #1

http://en.conurus.com/​faq.html#general (external link) I am old school ,old fart more like it , anyway when I was shooting EONs ago I used the canon F-1 (never had a battery) with the leica R series lenses to help out . It worked well . ( I no longer own any equiptment now due to an EX,nuff said) Now I am at a juncture in my life that I am going to start all over in photography. Just got my Digital Darkroom( CS3) to try to learn... Will be buying a Canon Digital camera here soon and thought about my old habits Liking German glass .... Then I saw what these guys are doing and was wondering if anyone has bitten the bullet and done so... I know people have as they are so backed up in production that it would be next year before you can receive the setup... Just curious..

Lenty007
221 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined May 2006

Oct 14, 2007 01:02 |  #2

Hello David,
I know what you mean. Diamonds are for ever and so are lenses.
Alot has changed since the "good old" days. I used to start with a Canon FTd and a Canon A1 and a lot of glass to go with that. Later on, there was a gap for about ten years that I didn't took a single picture. Since three years now I picked up the microbe and SOLD the analogue stuff to replace with new stuff.
The only lens I didn't sell was the Canon 500mm reflex lens which I still use with an adaptor. Hell I even used it yesterday. Darn difficult to use but glad I still have it.
Now back to your situation. I suppose you still have your German lenses. If there are no "special" lenses like my reflex lens, get rid of them. Not only is the adaptor expensive but you will certainly lose speed and possible conflicts are to be considdered also. Once you get (re)started you'll want to be able to get the best results with the products of todays market, not with some sentimental leftovers (no offence).
You'll find your hands full with the CS3 "darkroom". The new lenses are better built and need less postprocessing.
So, hope I could help out.
Greetings from Ghent,
Alain
----------
350d - 30d - Sigma 18 200 - Canon 100 Macro - Canon 300 - Canon 500 reflex - Canon x1,4 - Canon 580

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Oct 14, 2007 06:41 |  #3

There are quite a few adapters ou there that will allow the use of M42 or LeicaR lenses on an Eos. No speed loss, not too expensive. No AF or auto aperture either.

Link 1, link 2, link 3

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,163 views & 0 likes for this thread
Does anyone use this system....
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.