Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 26 Oct 2007 (Friday) 14:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Please, HELLP!!!

Cherepashka
74 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 26, 2007 14:13 |  #1

Hello everyone. I have huge problem and dont know how to sort this out!
So, problem is: I am shootting in RAW, per one photo session i get over 100 pictures, which client will want to have on the CD, my quastion is :
- is there any quecker way to change size of all pictures and save them saim time or i have to open all of 100 pictures separetly, change theyr size, save in "my pictures" and then save on the CD? It takes abt 4h to do this bludy thing!!!
Pls pls pls, does anyone knows any quecker way? Cause pictures are so big size and it doesnt let me to save more then 40 pictures on the CD!

sponsored links
California4Life
218 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Oct 26, 2007 14:35 |  #2

I will do my best to answer your "quastion"

1-Create a re-size action in the actions/history pallet. (located on the arrow drop menu under the actions tab) (select "new action", name it, and resize a test picture however much you want... hit the stop button.)

2- make sure all the files you want to resize are in the same folder. Go to File> Automate> Batch> and in the action drop menu, select the action you just created... then select the folder that contains the shots you want resized and click OK...

that should do it, although I'm sure there are some PS vets here that know a much "quecker" way..

macdanzigphotography.c​om (external link)
flickr (external link)

Anke
"that rump shot is just adorable"
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2009
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 27, 2007 20:58 |  #3

It depends which program you are using to edit your RAWs. Lightroom has a batch editor much the same as Photoshop does. Its all very straightforward to walkthrough.

Oh and please can you use a spellchecker, your text is very difficult to understand.

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

tim
Light Bringer
51,010 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Oct 27, 2007 21:40 |  #4

Use the photoshop image processor script, file -> scripts -> image processor

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

mfrank123
169 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Oct 28, 2007 15:29 |  #5

just as tim stated and you can do it also thru photoshop Bridge. tools->photoshop->image processor

California4Life
218 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Oct 28, 2007 15:48 |  #6

^^^ that sounds like a better option than the "long way" that I posted.

macdanzigphotography.c​om (external link)
flickr (external link)

JasonSTL739
523 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Oct 28, 2007 17:42 |  #7

Cherepashka wrote in post #4196863 (external link)
Hello everyone. I have huge problem and dont know how to sort this out!
So, problem is: I am shootting in RAW, per one photo session i get over 100 pictures, which client will want to have on the CD, my quastion is :
- is there any quecker way to change size of all pictures and save them saim time or i have to open all of 100 pictures separetly, change theyr size, save in "my pictures" and then save on the CD? It takes abt 4h to do this bludy thing!!!
Pls pls pls, does anyone knows any quecker way? Cause pictures are so big size and it doesnt let me to save more then 40 pictures on the CD!

Lightroom makes this very easy - you can just export the images and pick a size. Highly recommend looking towards that versus in photoshop.

http://www.sedura.com (external link)

chauncey
Cream of the Crop
9,696 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 28, 2007 18:25 as a reply to  @ JasonSTL739's post |  #8

I would really hesitate giving your client your RAW workflow.

The things you do for yourself die with you, the things you do for others live forever.
A man's worth should be judged, not when he basks in the sun, but how he faces the storm.

My stuff...http://1x.com/member/c​hauncey43 (external link)

Anke
"that rump shot is just adorable"
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2009
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 28, 2007 18:38 |  #9

chauncey wrote in post #4207862 (external link)
I would really hesitate giving your client your RAW workflow.

I don't think that's the implication, I think the poster wants to send JPGs.

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

tiziano
Goldmember
1,445 posts
Joined May 2005

Oct 28, 2007 18:41 |  #10

Try Bibble Pro.

Tiziano
Gear list

Cherepashka
THREAD ­ STARTER
74 posts
Joined May 2007

Nov 05, 2007 08:27 as a reply to  @ tiziano's post |  #11

Thank you a lot for all your replays! Tim,- you have saved my life!!!! You are the best X

sponsored links

1,146 views & 0 likes for this thread
Please, HELLP!!!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.