First of all I would like to say thank you for all participants and viewer of this contest. You all have great photos
Second I would like to apologize for my bad English... The contest topic is about stage photo, what I mean is photo that you took from any performance performed on stage (Bühne in German). Some of the participants interpret my bad explanation differently, but they are still good shot.
So here are the winners:
#1 Big Band by dexdex
This photo shows the capability of PowerShot G series and the photograph ability to hold his hand steady. Great lighting, expression and timing. Super!
#2 interaction of the instruments by Marie
Marie... you have really talent for photography! I like the sepia tone here and the angle. Unfortunately from this angle we could not see the musicians expression. For 1/25 it is sharp... Have you studied Yoga?
#3 Chinese opera by 3Dart
Interesting photo... it shows movements but though still sharp. I like the lighting here and the moment you took the picture. I have G3 myself and I know the liitation of this camera under low light condition (slow focus, eh?)
Thank you again for participating and congratulation to the winners.
Challenge #144 - Stage photos
Ok... lets put our PowerShot G into its limit...
I believe that you brought your camera along with you when your kids, family, friends or your favorite musician or whatever / whoever have performance on stage.
Mostly will use movie mode, but some of you tried to take photos in this difficult situation (Am I right? )
So, show me your stage photos, even if you took in movie mode, please take 1 frame and submit also (if this is allowed ?)... I want to see stage lighting, performance, expression, action, etc etc etc...
To submit, click "Post Reply" and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, 12 Nov 2007.
1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera (G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7) or Pro 1 only.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be EXACTLY 640 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
* One photo per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Title in the message subject line.
* Camera model.
* EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
* New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
* Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
* Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.