Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 13 Nov 2007 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Good software for slideshow

boubou
226 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 13, 2007 06:24 |  #1

I started using Lightroom, and I like it to organize and sort my pictures, but I'm a bit disapointed with slideshow. First, I don't think I can burn a slideshow on a Dvd with Lightroom, Am I right? Lightroom slideshow look very professional but I would like more possibilities for transitions and effects, and would like to save my entire slideshow (with music, effect and everything), not just the preset.... So, I'm looking for another software to use just for slideshow, keeping my pictures organised in Lightroom. Need advices.

Canon 40D, Grip BG-E2N, Canon EF 17-55 IS 2.8, Canon 70-200 IS 2.8 L, Extender 1.4, Canon 100-400 L, Canon macro 100mm 2.8 IS L, Gitzo 1541T, Markins M10, B+W and Hoya filters, Kata 3N1 30, Phottix C8 wireless remote, Fujifilm F31, Mac Book Pro
In learning process....

sponsored links
Michael
Cream of the Crop
5,980 posts
Joined May 2006

Nov 13, 2007 06:36 |  #2

The program I use for slideshow creation is called Photodex Proshow Producer. Google it, its a good piece of software, and well worth having. I think they have a cheaper version too.

Michael

viperx27
305 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 13, 2007 12:10 |  #3
bannedPermanent ban

show it web or pro show gold

davidcrebelxt
Goldmember
3,016 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Nov 13, 2007 12:49 |  #4

I was actually impressed with Photostory available for free from Microsoft. (You do have to go through WGA validation.)

I burned a VCD made with that a couple years ago. I was impressed with how you could do "ken burns" effect of zooming and panning on a single image before going to the next, along with multiple transitions and adding custom music, or letting the program generate its own music.

In either case, there are 3rd party tools that can be used to convert the output .wmv files from photostory 3 to put them onto DVD.

Following is a link to version 3.0 for Windows XP ( I believe Vista ships with version 3.1... not sure of the differences, but I THOUGHT I heard there were more transitions and possibly DVD burning built-in for Vista):

http://www.microsoft.c​om …y/photostory/de​fault.mspx (external link)

David C.
Equipment: Canon Dig. Rebel XT; 18-55mm EF-S; 28-105mm EF; 50mm 1.8 EF
Sigma ef-500 DG ST, Elements, Gimp, Lightroom
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/dcrebelxt (external link)

islandboy
32 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 13, 2007 17:21 |  #5

I would add another vote for Photodex's Proshow. I use the gold version rather than the producer. They have just added layers to the most recent version available. It is a great program and very intuitive to use.

Canon EOS 40D, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Canon 70-300/4-5.6 IS, Speedlite 430EX II, G5, G11 with underwater housing, Powershot A95 with underwater housing, SD850is, Vixia HF S100

toejam237
24 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Nov 16, 2007 07:09 as a reply to  @ islandboy's post |  #6

hi there if you want a fantastic looking slideshow you have to use INALBUM
i have used photodex and others but INALBUM wins hands down.
cheers
toejam237

boubou
THREAD ­ STARTER
226 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Feb 08, 2008 07:35 |  #7

I was wondering if Pro Show Gold is compatible with Mac. If not, is there something as good as this program for Mac.

Canon 40D, Grip BG-E2N, Canon EF 17-55 IS 2.8, Canon 70-200 IS 2.8 L, Extender 1.4, Canon 100-400 L, Canon macro 100mm 2.8 IS L, Gitzo 1541T, Markins M10, B+W and Hoya filters, Kata 3N1 30, Phottix C8 wireless remote, Fujifilm F31, Mac Book Pro
In learning process....

neil_g
708 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Feb 08, 2008 07:43 |  #8

ah youre on mac.

oh well if any windows users find this looking for an answer then try "irfanview".

Burp.

davidcrebelxt
Goldmember
3,016 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Feb 08, 2008 11:13 |  #9

I'm not a mac user myself (so I can't try it) but I've heard good reviews of this:

http://boinx.com/fotom​agico/overview/ (external link)

David C.
Equipment: Canon Dig. Rebel XT; 18-55mm EF-S; 28-105mm EF; 50mm 1.8 EF
Sigma ef-500 DG ST, Elements, Gimp, Lightroom
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/dcrebelxt (external link)

sponsored links

1,125 views & 0 likes for this thread
Good software for slideshow
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.