Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 30 Oct 2007 (Tuesday) 17:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

i am a Lottery winner

weka2000
Is that a 300mm in your pocket?
20,864 posts
Gallery: 58 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005

Nov 13, 2007 19:55 as a reply to  @ post 4310767 |  #91

Well reading this whole tread killed 20min, gave me a laught and I realised that im a pesimist when it comes to words like "you won" "free money" :lol:

https://500px.com/tony​searle/galleries (external link)

sponsored links
Evan ­ Idler
Goldmember
1,600 posts
Joined May 2005

Nov 13, 2007 23:35 |  #92

20droger wrote in post #4230496 (external link)
Being Canadian, you want millions of loonies.

I hear Canada already has millions of loonies.

Yup, and they are all in political office, which is the same problem you guys have down south, too ;-)a

--Evan

Canon5DIII + Some L + Some non L + Some Sigma + Some Tamron + other stuff....
Patiently awaiting a winning Lottery Ticket to afford all the toys I would really like :-P

tommykjensen
Cream of the Crop
20,886 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Mar 2004

Nov 13, 2007 23:56 |  #93

kufuguru wrote in post #4310661 (external link)
I got the same exact letter from the "so called" HKJC lotteries about ten days ago, and i just emailed the real hkjc lotteries limited, just before looking at this forum. I deposited the check 8 days ago. there was a hold on the check they sent me for 2900 dollars and it cleared today. If it isn't real I'm just gonna keep the money cause my bank has all that protection **** anyway. And if they try to take it back, it wont matter cause my bank will go after the scammers, and not me. I also have a question for you was the check from HKJC or a different company? Mine was from Global Strategy Group. So, i guess I'm gonna take the money out tomorrow, cash withdrawal. Let the bank worry about it. I'll let you know how it works out. And in conclusion, let the scammers come to my house, Cause I'm also a gun toting American.

Oh boy. Did you not read the thread? The check is a fraud and there is NO WAY the bank is going to let you keep the money. You WILL have to pay them back if you withdraw the money.

EDITING OF MY PHOTOS IS NOT ALLOWED

20droger
Cream of the Crop
14,685 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Nov 14, 2007 10:00 |  #94

Evan Idler wrote in post #4312066 (external link)
Yup, and they are all in political office, which is the same problem you guys have down south, too ;-)a

--Evan

Sad, but true. AND ours are warmongers....

m3incorp
989 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Nov 14, 2007 17:58 |  #95

This thread gave me my much needed daily laugh.

7D, 10D, Canon EFS 18-55mm modded
Canon EF 50mm, Canon 85mm 1.8, Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII VC
Canon EF 70-300mm, 70-200 F4 L
, Canon 430ex ii Speedlite.

mulga ­ bill
245 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 16, 2007 06:01 |  #96

m3incorp wrote in post #4316802 (external link)
This thread gave me my much needed daily laugh.

Me too.A belly laugh nuch missed.

Peter

Panasonic tz1,it's my favourite/5D and battery grip/16-35L/24-105L/70-200 f4/Manfrotto 694 Magfibre Monopod/Manfrotto 055xprob with 488rc2 head/580EX11/2x430EX/p​hoto trekker classic,ask any old koala bear.

Primm
787 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 16, 2007 06:11 |  #97

I got the same exact letter from the "so called" HKJC lotteries about ten days ago, and i just emailed the real hkjc lotteries limited, just before looking at this forum. I deposited the check 8 days ago. there was a hold on the check they sent me for 2900 dollars and it cleared today. If it isn't real I'm just gonna keep the money cause my bank has all that protection **** anyway. And if they try to take it back, it wont matter cause my bank will go after the scammers, and not me. I also have a question for you was the check from HKJC or a different company? Mine was from Global Strategy Group. So, i guess I'm gonna take the money out tomorrow, cash withdrawal. Let the bank worry about it. I'll let you know how it works out. And in conclusion, let the scammers come to my house, Cause I'm also a gun toting American.

Read the terms and conditions of your bank account.

I think you'll find in there, hidden away in the very small print, something describing how the bank doesn't really know that the funds have cleared when they release them. They are just assuming that if they don't hear anything within 3/4/5/whatever days they place a hold on the fund, that they are legit.

I think you'll also find in there a clause that states that if the funds are later found not to be legitimate, no matter how long this takes, that the money will be taken out of your account.

I worked in banking, I know how the system works. You are up the creek without a paddle, my friend. The banks have large legal teams working on the wording of their documentation all the time, and you won't have a leg to stand on.

Good luck, you'll need it!

Ruth.
20D
+ 400mm f/5.6 L + 300mm f/4 L IS + 70-200 f/4 L + 17-40mm f/4 L + 50mm 1.8
Click Here and Join the POTN flickr Group Today! (external link)

20droger
Cream of the Crop
14,685 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Nov 16, 2007 08:43 as a reply to  @ Primm's post |  #98

Of course, he can try using the gun he totes on the bank's legal dept. That usually works.... NOT!

GilesGuthrie
Goldmember
1,103 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Nov 16, 2007 09:59 |  #99

That's fine. Take the $2900 out of the account in cash, then put that money in a box somewhere safe in your house. Then you'll know where it is when the tooled-up bailiffs come looking for it.

Blipfoto (external link) - Flickr (external link) - Twitter (external link)
Canon EOS 1d X, 1d MkIII, 5d. Gear List

BOUNCINGNRG
Goldmember
1,794 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 16, 2007 12:25 |  #100

I've heard of a simular scam, where someone has won a lottery, and the lottery gives a cheque to the unsuppecting person for £100,000 and say's that the person has to pay the £3000 clearing fee once the money shows in to there account (they get them to sign a contract saying that if the don't pay the fees after the money is showing they will be collecting the money back, make's it look legit). So what happens is when the person put the cheque in to there bank the money shows up straight away (doesn't mean its cleared), then the person transfer the ££'s to the lottery of shore account, all look well until the £100,000 cheque bounces and the person is left with a £3000 debt, and being a off shore account you won't be getting the money back. Be careful Bud

London Wedding Photographer (external link) ¦ Wedding Photographer (external link) ¦Gear List ¦Photobucket  (external link)¦corporate event photography (external link) 'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

Vortex99
"just got back from therapy... "
2,772 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Nov 16, 2007 13:33 |  #101

Looks like ____
Smells like ____
It is ____

Nothing in life is free....

As for this thread...

ROFLMAO

-Peter

Woolburr
Mr. PMS Himself
66,482 posts
Gallery: 114 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005
Location: The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!

Nov 16, 2007 13:47 as a reply to  @ Vortex99's post |  #102

I won too!!! Yea me!!!

THE FONDATION DE FRANCE(FDF)
http://www.fdf.org (external link)
16 Rue Lanterne,
Lyon 69001, France.

The Fondation De France(FDF) would like to notify you that you have been chosen by the board of trustees as one of the final recipients of a cash Grant/Donation for your own personal, Wilfair development.
Established 1977 by the Multi-Million to conceived with the objective of human growth,educational, and community development.

The UNO and the EU are giving out a yearly donation of £952,350.00 (Nine Hundred And Fifty Two Thousand, Three Hundred And Fifty pounds
sterling) each to 100 lucky recipients.
To file for your claim, contact us with the information below filled
out carefully.
FULL NAMES:......ADDRESS:..​.............
CITY:............STATE​.............ZIP
CODE...........COUNTRY​...............
SEX:...........AGE:...​............
MARITAL STATUS:...............​OCCUPATION:...........​....
WINNING E-MAIL ADDRESS:..............​.TELEPHONE
NUMBER:...............
Note: Forward all informtaions to us via email fondation.de.france@ho​tmail.com (external link)

Signed,
Executive Sec. Dr. Patrice Pagis
Email: fondation.de.france@ho​tmail.com (external link)

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book, (external link) Refrigerator Art (external link) and What I Really Think About (external link)

pete.rush
480 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 16, 2007 14:57 as a reply to  @ Woolburr's post |  #103

Thanks for the laugh:lol:

So you won a lottery you didn't enter, know nothing about, that said you've won big, but you have to pay them money before you get the big Cheque.....:rolleyes:

This thread like the countless emails I get from my bank, and several other peoples banks for that matter, asking, could you please click on this link and gives us your bank details and passwords because we are currently updating our system and need all our customer to logon details or the email "you have a relative in Africa who has died and left you their entire fortune", but you need to send the you account details so we can forward you the money......stupid I'm not, the only place for these is the bin....unfortunuately some people are....

Waiting for the next installment :p

Peter

Canon EOS 1D Mkiin & 20D + Lenses

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

sponsored links

14,235 views & 0 likes for this thread
i am a Lottery winner
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.