Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 12 Nov 2007 (Monday) 09:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

OS 10.5

IShootPeople
143 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Nov 15, 2007 14:22 |  #31

Nothing but smooth sailing so far on my MacBook, granted i have had to install a few updates, but thats almost expected for such a ginormous upgrade

sponsored links
Tony-S
Cream of the Crop
9,903 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 16, 2007 00:10 |  #32

Watch out on the 10.5.1 update. It breaks Airport disk and access to other Macs on your network. If you need to do such activities, I'd avoid the update. It is causing problems in our home.

"Raw" is not an acronym, abbreviation, nor a proper noun; thus, it should not be in capital letters.

DDA
Formerly foolish member. Waiting for new title.
9,353 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Nov 16, 2007 08:16 |  #33

Adobe has released an update for LR ;-)a

DDA - C&C welcomed and encouraged
“A technically perfect photograph can be the world’s most boring picture.” (Andreas Feininger)

An empty account and a lack of talent (external link)

Double ­ Negative
*sniffles*
10,523 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Nov 16, 2007 08:51 |  #34

DDA wrote in post #4326155 (external link)
Adobe has released an update for LR ;-)a

Woohoo!

http://www.adobe.com …ads/detail.jsp?​ftpID=3810 (external link)

La Vida Leica! (external link)LitPixel Galleries (external link) -- 1v-HS/1d Mk IIn w/E-1 & Op/Tech straps
15mm f/2.8, 14mm f/2.8L, 24mm f/1.4L II, 35mm f/1.4L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L II, 135mm f/2.0L
16-35mm f/2.8L, 24-70mm f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS, Extender EF 1.4x II & 2x II

thelightofsound
Goldmember
1,399 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 16, 2007 15:16 as a reply to  @ Double Negative's post |  #35

i am on a powerbook g4 and have noticed a little slowness. but my lightroom has not been affected (although i don't use a lot of the "known issues"). my biggest problem was my ftp program, "fetch ftp" was not working. i just downloaded an open source ftp client "cyberduck" and it is working fine. i will download the lightroom update tonight. thanks for the update.

--atlanta photographer michael saba (external link) - music photography (external link)

Double ­ Negative
*sniffles*
10,523 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Nov 16, 2007 15:30 |  #36

Cyberduck is a great app. So is Transmit (by Panic) but it's commercial.

La Vida Leica! (external link)LitPixel Galleries (external link) -- 1v-HS/1d Mk IIn w/E-1 & Op/Tech straps
15mm f/2.8, 14mm f/2.8L, 24mm f/1.4L II, 35mm f/1.4L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L II, 135mm f/2.0L
16-35mm f/2.8L, 24-70mm f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS, Extender EF 1.4x II & 2x II

Tony-S
Cream of the Crop
9,903 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 16, 2007 21:25 |  #37

Cyberduck is way-cool. Helped me break my iPhone so I could use it with T-Mobile.

"Raw" is not an acronym, abbreviation, nor a proper noun; thus, it should not be in capital letters.

spitstickler
69 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 16, 2007 21:35 |  #38

I've installed it and had zero problems thus far. All apps working normally (even fetch). And, I've got Time Machine rolling now too. Although I hope I never have to use it, the fact that it's backing everything up on the hour, it should came in handy during those "oh crap" moments when you realize that you need a file reverted, or just in case something gets accidentally deleted.

- Kirk
Ars longa, vita brevis
---------------
Gear List

r.morales
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,296 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Nov 17, 2007 09:17 |  #39

Does time machine back up everything ?
Or just major stuff ?
Can I drag and drop on another hard drive and have everything ?

Gear List

JohnJ80
Cream of the Crop
5,442 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 17, 2007 12:36 |  #40

I believe it back up everything and then multiple copies based on time (i.e. "Time" machine) as disk space permits. Per the help file, you can do a complete restore to a clean installed new OS disk.

J.

Obsessive Gear List
"It isn't what you don't know that gets you in trouble; it's what you know for sure that isn't so." - Mark Twain

carianoff
611 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 17, 2007 12:41 as a reply to  @ JohnJ80's post |  #41

You really should have a separate drive to run time machine. The program would be putting alot of stress on one drive. I heard that program has eaten some of the older macbooks for breakfast.

My Flickr (external link)
My Arsenal & Info

Tony-S
Cream of the Crop
9,903 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 17, 2007 14:13 |  #42

carianoff wrote in post #4333175 (external link)
You really should have a separate drive to run time machine. The program would be putting alot of stress on one drive. I heard that program has eaten some of the older macbooks for breakfast.

Actually, you have to run Time Machine on a separate disk.

carianoff
611 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 17, 2007 14:18 as a reply to  @ Tony-S's post |  #43

Yeah sounds right. Anyway, im not installing anything until 10.5.1 or the first update that i feel is secure enough to not interrupt my work flow. 10.4.10 is a safe bet for now.

My Flickr (external link)
My Arsenal & Info

JohnJ80
Cream of the Crop
5,442 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 17, 2007 15:14 |  #44

carianoff wrote in post #4333670 (external link)
Yeah sounds right. Anyway, im not installing anything until 10.5.1 or the first update that i feel is secure enough to not interrupt my work flow. 10.4.10 is a safe bet for now.

That would be now. 10.5.1 is already out and running in my machine (software update).

This major rev of the OS has been amazingly free of issues. All the photo software (PS CS3, LR etc..) is all updated.

J.

Obsessive Gear List
"It isn't what you don't know that gets you in trouble; it's what you know for sure that isn't so." - Mark Twain

thelightofsound
Goldmember
1,399 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 18, 2007 13:48 as a reply to  @ JohnJ80's post |  #45

well, i updated to 10.5.1 and lr 1.3 and now i'm having issues. 10.5 and lr 1.2 did not give me any problems, but after updating both, lr is crashing all of the time. i'm kinda worried at this point and might just pull the trigger on getting an intel machine.

--atlanta photographer michael saba (external link) - music photography (external link)

sponsored links

3,536 views & 0 likes for this thread
OS 10.5
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.