Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 29 Nov 2007 (Thursday) 05:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

first time digital SLR user

rebeen
217 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 29, 2007 05:06 |  #1

first time digital SLR user !!
hello every body her first that is my first post second I'm happy to find my self amount community like this one .
Thea's picture you Se it is me first shot with me first ever digital SLR camera EOS 400D canon that was good deal for my (it coast me 1200 AUS $ with twin lens) Thea shot is with stander lens one with auto the another with P and costumes of shutter speed . please and comment it is more welcome am new to the SLR world so please i need all help and comment. thinks
first image is with auto
second one with P and costumes of shutter speed.
sorry for my bore English!!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Canon EOS 6D,Canon EOS 5D mark II,Canon EOS 40D, lens: canon 70-200 f2.8L ,canon 40mm F1.8 ,canon 50mm f1.8,Tamron 90mm macro f2.8 /Tokina 12-24mm f4,Sigma 24 F1.8 DG,Canon 17-40 f4L,Canon 35-70 f4
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/rebeen_photogra​phy/ (external link)

sponsored links
Doogiekr
298 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 29, 2007 11:26 |  #2

I think those are good for your first SLR pictures :). The more pictures you take the more you will learn about what you like, and what you do not like.

The child in the second one is really cute, and the light is nice and soft... I like it alot.

What is your native language? Just curious :)

~Doogie
"From the very core of our being, we simply desire contentment." - 14th Dalai Lama

My Gear

Robert_Lay
Cream of the Crop
7,546 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Nov 29, 2007 20:47 |  #3

Had the flower been a bit more colorful and a little less worm-eaten, the picture would have been much more interesting. As it is, it is a well lighted and properly exposed image with good composition - end of story.

The little girl is quite charming, but the background and surroundings kill the picture. It's just too busy with unrelated things.

Again, it is well lighted and a good exposure.

Bob
Quality of Light (external link), Photo Tool ver 2.0 (external link)
Canon Rebel XTi; EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-f/5.6 USM; EF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-f/5.6; EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Canon Powershot G5; Canon AE1(2); Leica R4s; Battery Grip BG-E3; Pentax Digital Spotmeter with Zone VI Mod & Calibration.

Meaty0
Goldmember
3,519 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 29, 2007 20:50 |  #4

Congratulations and welcome to POTN.

You need to learn your camera first. Try out the Av and Tv modes. Try the spot metering function on an image like the first one so you get the exposure correct for the bright white flowers.

Keep up the good work with your English and we can help you even more.

rebeen
THREAD ­ STARTER
217 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 30, 2007 08:21 as a reply to  @ Meaty0's post |  #5

thinks everybody for all comment really appreciated
i well flow the suggestion and for now I'm reading the Manuel and trying to discover my camera .
by the way Doogiekr may native language is Kurdish ???
Robert_Lay i well but your comment on my mind next time be sure abut this
Meaty0 i well play with them shortly is there any kind of setting for just start like a learning path??
again thinks all .

Canon EOS 6D,Canon EOS 5D mark II,Canon EOS 40D, lens: canon 70-200 f2.8L ,canon 40mm F1.8 ,canon 50mm f1.8,Tamron 90mm macro f2.8 /Tokina 12-24mm f4,Sigma 24 F1.8 DG,Canon 17-40 f4L,Canon 35-70 f4
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/rebeen_photogra​phy/ (external link)

dlw3
94 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Nov 30, 2007 09:06 |  #6

Check out John Hedgecoe's books about photography.

XTi, 28-135, 70-300

Meaty0
Goldmember
3,519 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 30, 2007 16:40 |  #7

rebeen wrote in post #4412668 (external link)
is there any kind of setting for just start like a learning path??
again thinks all .

Start with the camera manual....memorize it!:D

sponsored links

1,086 views & 0 likes for this thread
first time digital SLR user
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.