Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 04 Dec 2007 (Tuesday) 23:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

ugh

CheetaPita
Goldmember
2,503 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Dec 04, 2007 23:23 |  #1

I love kids and usually i can coax out sweet expressions from them...but more often than not - these are the expressions i get. I have no doubt its the result of having a big ole lens/lens hood shoved in their face...But man i wish there was a market for these blank stare looks...cause i have TONS of pictures of em

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

http://carleymacphotog​raphy.blogspot.com/ (external link)

sponsored links
CheetaPita
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,503 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Dec 04, 2007 23:24 |  #2

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

whiskaz
Goldmember
1,503 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Dec 04, 2007 23:25 |  #3

Yup! I feel you :) They still make for cute shots though! Sometimes...

Jeremy | Gear List | EyeDigress - A Photoblog (external link) | blinkphotography.net (external link)

"This aggression will not stand, man."

CheetaPita
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,503 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Dec 05, 2007 00:10 |  #4

whiskaz wrote in post #4442738 (external link)
Sometimes...

LOL

T.Hogan
309 posts
Joined May 2006

Dec 05, 2007 00:56 |  #5

How bout "your putting that thermomiter where"?

7d gripped, canon 10-22. canon 50 1.4, canon 135L, Mamiya equipment.

Scarter275
341 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Dec 05, 2007 01:07 |  #6

such big eyes

CheetaPita
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,503 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Dec 05, 2007 01:12 |  #7

T.Hogan wrote in post #4443138 (external link)
How bout "your putting that thermomiter where"?

haha :)

CheetaPita
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,503 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Dec 05, 2007 01:12 |  #8

Scarter275 wrote in post #4443169 (external link)
such big eyes

If you look at the babies eyes closely...youll notice he has a really dark patch on his right eye - left on the screen - its very unique...ive never seen that before in a human....Plus the big ole eyes...made them really stand out to me

TSEE
Goldmember
4,961 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Dec 05, 2007 13:39 |  #9

LOL! Maybe its time you get a zoom and backup a bit instead? ;)
I've gotten plenty of those looks too, I do think they're intimidated, helps to have mom and dad behind your back goofing off tho! Need to show ya some of the pictures I got the other day when I took pictures for my friend, her youngest (3 yrs) usually isn't so somber but he was that day, until his older brother mooned him...yes you read that right! LOL I got some rolling laughters from him then!

-Sue (TSEE)
My gear list finally got too long to list under my sig.
"All of us have photographic memory, some of us just don't have film."
"I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything."

CheetaPita
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,503 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Dec 05, 2007 15:37 |  #10

TSEE wrote in post #4445870 (external link)
LOL! Maybe its time you get a zoom and backup a bit instead? ;)
I've gotten plenty of those looks too, I do think they're intimidated, helps to have mom and dad behind your back goofing off tho! Need to show ya some of the pictures I got the other day when I took pictures for my friend, her youngest (3 yrs) usually isn't so somber but he was that day, until his older brother mooned him...yes you read that right! LOL I got some rolling laughters from him then!

a zoom? blasphemy! lol i for some reason only buy primes.....

Seriously though...eventually i might get a 70-200 - mainly for the purposes of shooting weddings....but it might work for the kiddos too eh?

TSEE
Goldmember
4,961 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Dec 05, 2007 15:43 |  #11

CheetaPita wrote in post #4446551 (external link)
a zoom? blasphemy! lol i for some reason only buy primes.....

Seriously though...eventually i might get a 70-200 - mainly for the purposes of shooting weddings....but it might work for the kiddos too eh?

LOL! Ya know I used zooms for a while but I use my trust 50 anymore, now when I know how to get the best use out of it I love it...best 70 bucks spent! I wish I could get the 85, it seems like an awesome lens but its too "zoomed in" for use in my home studio...don't have enough room to backup to use it. Heck to get full length shots of the boys I had in those two links I was sitting across the room from them pressed against the wall. :(
70-200 is on my list, but also for weddings, can't use it in studio. Thought the 24-105 or the 24-70 lenses might do me well in studio. I just can't decide which!!! LOL I miss a zoom tho...like I said, kids get intimidated when you shove a lens up their face and the 50 isn't big by any means! LOL

-Sue (TSEE)

CheetaPita
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,503 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Dec 05, 2007 15:47 |  #12

TSEE wrote in post #4446582 (external link)
LOL! Ya know I used zooms for a while but I use my trust 50 anymore, now when I know how to get the best use out of it I love it...best 70 bucks spent! I wish I could get the 85, it seems like an awesome lens but its too "zoomed in" for use in my home studio...don't have enough room to backup to use it. Heck to get full length shots of the boys I had in those two links I was sitting across the room from them pressed against the wall. :(
70-200 is on my list, but also for weddings, can't use it in studio. Thought the 24-105 or the 24-70 lenses might do me well in studio. I just can't decide which!!! LOL I miss a zoom tho...like I said, kids get intimidated when you shove a lens up their face and the 50 isn't big by any means! LOL

I really like the 24-70L - i use it as my primary lens when shooting weddings - but for weddings i work through a company .... so i dont own it and havent tried it out with kids. I imagine it would work nicely though...its a great lens!

I have an 85mm lens also...i love it...but lately since i started working for this company (they only use L lenses) ive been struck by an INTENSE need to get L lenses.....the 85 L is my dream lens. maybe i could sell my 3 kiddos for that lens? do you think that'd work?

TSEE
Goldmember
4,961 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Dec 05, 2007 15:52 |  #13

CheetaPita wrote in post #4446611 (external link)
I really like the 24-70L - i use it as my primary lens when shooting weddings - but for weddings i work through a company .... so i dont own it and havent tried it out with kids. I imagine it would work nicely though...its a great lens!

I have an 85mm lens also...i love it...but lately since i started working for this company (they only use L lenses) ive been struck by an INTENSE need to get L lenses.....the 85 L is my dream lens. maybe i could sell my 3 kiddos for that lens? do you think that'd work?

I imagine the 24-70 is a good one, its got a good low Fstop and shorter range which works for my studio. 70-200 is on my list as well...but like I said, too long. 24-105 should work well too and being in studio the Fstop shouldn't be a problem, I should have plenty of light there. Decisions. Hubby said when my 20D died he'd get us the 1Ds III, I told him pretty please can I take the money that camera costs and get me the 5D and those three L's instead?! LOL
The only reason I've got a need for L's is that I feel I've outgrown my regular ones, they're not as good as I want them to be and not as good as they were when I first got them (aside from the 50 which does better now than when I first got it). Can't really justify spending what 4 grand on 3 lenses without this being my full time job tho. That's a lot of money. I'm trying to talk hubby into letting me buy 1 before I start my business, trouble is deciding which one.

-Sue (TSEE)

sponsored links

1,361 views & 0 likes for this thread
ugh
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.