And the winner is...
Kimmer - "Contrast"
I love the contrast of colours between the white 'church' and the dark buildings. The contrast between a church amongst the buildings which seems out of place. I like how there's almost a heaven vs hell story and the notion of heaven as the clouds are reflected on the building on the left. I feel the arrangement of the shot could have further improved the message but overall excellent job!
Special mention goes out to:
Boutty - "Under the old jetty"
Simply beautiful. Excellent composition. But I think it lacked in emotion.
Challenge #148 - "X" marks the spot.
I don't think a letter of the alphabet has been used as a subject yet (I could be wrong?!) but anyway, your subject should contain an obvious "X" in it be it a pattern, an intersection, perhaps a cross or simply just the letter. Whatever it is, let's see some X's!
To submit, click "Post Reply" and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, December 10, 2007.
1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera (G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7, G9) or Pro 1 only.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be EXACTLY 640 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
* One photo per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Title in the message subject line.
* Camera model.
* EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
- Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.