Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
Thread started 22 Dec 2006 (Friday) 21:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post Your German Shepherds!

Sumoto
198 posts
Joined May 2005

Dec 19, 2007 21:30 as a reply to  @ post 4534692 |  #136

This is definitely one of my favorite threads and I have enjoyed EVERY photo posted so far. Please keep'em coming!

The first is a shot of Luke in Tahoe last year and the second is of him snoozin' last weekend while the kids made leaf piles in the front yard.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links
embdaw
717 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Dec 20, 2007 12:50 |  #137

Here is my guy...we lost him to Hip Dysplasia in August at only 3.5 years old...he was a fantastic dog!

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2107/1569880497_872fd5d410.jpg
IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2002/1569880167_1f7bf457cc.jpg

~*~Erin~*~
5DMKII|5D|7D|16-35Lmk1|24-70L|35L|50L|100L|70-200L 2.8IS|580EXII x3
Aperture + CS5 on a MAC
My Site (external link)

Jon ­ Foster
THREAD ­ STARTER
is it safe?
4,519 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 21, 2007 18:05 |  #138

Awesome dog Sumoto!

Erin, he looks fantastic in those pictures. It's hard to lose one of these guys. We lost 2 of them a few years back and said that was it. But then after a couple of years Zeus some how appeared! Are you going to get another GSD?

Jon.

Jon.

I shoot with a Little Canon

Check out my photos @ PBase.com (external link) & ModelMayhem.com (external link)

shellti
48 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Dec 22, 2007 17:55 |  #139

Not mine, but one from a friend's litter earlier today...

HOSTED PHOTO

Shelly
http://www.shellshots.​com (external link)

Jon ­ Foster
THREAD ­ STARTER
is it safe?
4,519 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 23, 2007 11:00 |  #140

Hahaha... Cool shot.

Jon.

Check out my photos @ PBase.com (external link) & ModelMayhem.com (external link)

embdaw
717 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jan 04, 2008 13:31 |  #141

Jon Foster wrote in post #4548997 (external link)
Awesome dog Sumoto!

Erin, he looks fantastic in those pictures. It's hard to lose one of these guys. We lost 2 of them a few years back and said that was it. But then after a couple of years Zeus some how appeared! Are you going to get another GSD?

Jon.

Jon.

Thanks, those were actually taken the day we had him put to sleep. It was very hard loosing him, especially at such a young age, he was such a good dog. The best dog I've ever owned!

I dont know if we will get another. It took us two years to find him, we researched the breeder, the parents, everything (he was a Schutzhund bred dog and the family had no history of HD) and he still ended up with hip dysplasia. That said, I am a bit scared to get another one again for the fear of losing them too soon. But only time will tell ;)

~*~Erin~*~
5DMKII|5D|7D|16-35Lmk1|24-70L|35L|50L|100L|70-200L 2.8IS|580EXII x3
Aperture + CS5 on a MAC
My Site (external link)

palerider
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 04, 2008 23:39 as a reply to  @ embdaw's post |  #142

Katie, one of our GSD's 2.5 years old

HOSTED PHOTO

Jon ­ Foster
THREAD ­ STARTER
is it safe?
4,519 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jan 11, 2008 21:49 |  #143

embdaw wrote in post #4630379 (external link)
Thanks, those were actually taken the day we had him put to sleep. It was very hard loosing him, especially at such a young age, he was such a good dog. The best dog I've ever owned!

I dont know if we will get another. It took us two years to find him, we researched the breeder, the parents, everything (he was a Schutzhund bred dog and the family had no history of HD) and he still ended up with hip dysplasia. That said, I am a bit scared to get another one again for the fear of losing them too soon. But only time will tell ;)

I hear ya. One of our males was diagnosed with HD at a fairly young age. But he lived to be about 13/14 years old. I can remember juicing him up on pain meds only twice in that time. So I don't think he was that bad off if the diagnosis was even valid. Actually the vet on Union Lake Rd. across from Arby's was the one who thought he had HD. Now we go to the vet on Cooley by the Entertainment Tonight video rental store.

Now that we have Zeus (after a couple years without dogs) I can't imagine not having a German Shepherd anymore. But Zeus is also the worst GSD we've ever had. What a crazy dog! When I head for bed he races me there to see who gets my spot on the bed. And if any TV is on in the house he's glued to it. Damn dog watches more TV than I do. And don't let him see a show with another dog in it either. If he does, he won't shut up until you turn off the TV. He'll growl at it, whine, yipe, do circles, sit in front of the TV tilting his head in strange directions and blocks everyone's view with his ears. Wait, did I say I couldn't imagine not having a GSD? Hmm...

PS. Putting him outside doesn't help either. He sits on the deck waiting for a squirrel to enter the yard or he'll watch the clouds pass overhead and go berserk when a plane or helicopter gets close. Ye-gads...

Jon.

MightyWarMonger
250 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 12, 2008 06:33 as a reply to  @ Jon Foster's post |  #144

Hear are a couple of my GSD Gauge (AKA dumb dumb) a 2yr old male, he is so simple minded I love him hes always good for a laugh and weighs in at about 95lbs. In the second shot he's on a king size bed that he likes to think is all his and does not like to share. These were taken with my Canon SD600 P&S and hopefuly I can get some recent ones with my new XTI. Also every one has some beutiful GSD's thanks for sharing.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Gear List/Feedback
You will be sorry when I'm gone, dead, or armed
Nuclear winter solves global warming! (external link)

LW ­ Dail
703 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 12, 2008 09:39 as a reply to  @ post 2442328 |  #145

This shot is five years old, taken on vacation without any of the good gear. Other than the shadow, I've always loved this shot of Prancer (left) and Zackery in the morning sun in Grand Teton NP.

Zack's gone now, and Prancer's old, but I love how regal they look against that majestic background! And the repetition of the pointy ears always makes me laugh!

Special note: The luggage tags they're wearing have our campsite number, campground phone number, and our 800 number on them!

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon 5D: 24-105mm L IS, 100-400mm L IS. Canon PowerShot ELPH 340HS, Canon GII. Canon AE-1: FD 50mm, 80-200mm. Holga 120N.
"Photography is my one recreation, and I think it should be done well." Lewis Carroll

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jan 12, 2008 12:19 |  #146

poah wrote in post #2473261 (external link)
This is Nero. no idea how old he is as we got him from the cat and dog home. He has a cat and a house rabbit for friends

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

There are brilliant photos here.but this middle one just melted my heart.wonderful.

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

Jon ­ Foster
THREAD ­ STARTER
is it safe?
4,519 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Feb 03, 2008 16:21 |  #147

Yep, the middle shot says it all.

LW Dail, that shot is awesome! Wow.

Jon.

kato1
Goldmember
1,093 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Feb 03, 2008 16:47 |  #148

I just love german shepherds.

EOS 40D + BG-E2N, EOS 10D + BG-ED3,
50mm f1.4, 17-40 L f4, 70-200 L f/2.8 IS,
580EX II, 550EX, 420EX,
Manfrotto 055XPro tripod/808RC4 head.
Sekonic L-308s

LW ­ Dail
703 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 03, 2008 18:59 |  #149

Jon Foster wrote in post #4844157 (external link)
LW Dail, that shot is awesome! Wow.

Jon.

Jon,

Thank you! Both boys are so well behaved, that the long down wasn't the problem.

It was an elk out on the point behind them and the pre-dawn walk through chipmunk-infested woods to get to the lake from the campground!

What we don't do for a shot! But that is truly one in a million, so thank you for saying so!

Lora

Canon 5D: 24-105mm L IS, 100-400mm L IS. Canon PowerShot ELPH 340HS, Canon GII. Canon AE-1: FD 50mm, 80-200mm. Holga 120N.
"Photography is my one recreation, and I think it should be done well." Lewis Carroll

mferg
67 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Feb 03, 2008 20:19 |  #150

Rhinotherunt wrote in post #2483973 (external link)
Some great images in this thread. Here is my addition...
IMG NOTICE: [NOT AN IMAGE URL, NOT RENDERED INLINE]

Sorry, that's a Malinois. But, still a nice dog.

Marlene Ferguson

sponsored links

769,913 views & 626 likes for this thread
Post Your German Shepherds!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.