Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 13 Dec 2007 (Thursday) 14:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Infrared images for a wedding?

Scott_Quier
888 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Dec 18, 2007 05:35 |  #31

azneric3 wrote in post #4525865 (external link)
Is there a certain way you have to take pictures (ie custom settings)? Or can you just go about like you are using a normal camera and keep the regular settings?

With a modified camera, your settings are, more or less, the same as if you were shooting with an un-modified camera. You have to be careful of exposure though as what you think would be a proper exposure using visible light may either under or over expose you shot in IR. It's best to keep a close watch on the histogram.

Something else that REALLY makes the post processing much easier is to shoot in RAW. Correcting the WB in RAW is so much easier than when working with a JPG (plus you have more data to work with).

Scott
Operation: Love Reunited (external link)
Check out my blog (external link) Gear List

sponsored links
EOS ­ mE
Goldmember
2,491 posts
Joined May 2006

Dec 19, 2007 17:46 |  #32

hjghj wrote in post #4517506 (external link)
1)modded a camera (no any filter)
2) only follow this instruction http://www.lifepixel.c​om …ography-instructions.html (external link)

wow.. that's for the awesome link! i see they have the mod for the G6... very tempting to turn my G6 into infrared..........

5DMKII Gripped | 30D Gripped | 50mm f1.4 | 24-70mm f2.8L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS | 430EX | 580EXIIhttps://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=416554
My Reviews:
KATA 3N1 - 25PL Bag, Dolica CF Tripod ZX600B103

Mike ­ Fulton
457 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Dec 20, 2007 02:56 |  #33

I LOVE IR IMAGES, Converted a brand new Canon 10D back in the day to IR and still use it. Truly fun and makes normal shots MUCH more interesting.

I will try and dig up some of my IR images and post them. For the most part we use IR for venue shots and album design not so much for portrait photography.

Our Weddings (external link) -- Our Seniors (external link) -- Our Blog (external link) -- Our Wireless Flash and Video Light Workshop (external link)
Kodak's World Wide Photographers to Watch

bzride
89 posts
Joined May 2007

Dec 20, 2007 13:34 |  #34

very nice affect.. the second one makes the bride look like she has no legs though!!

CANONEOS40D ›› CANONDigitalRebelXT ›› 17-85 IS ›› 18-55 Kit lens ›› 28-90 with hood ›› Sigma 75-300mm hooded ›› nifty fifty ›› remote ›› Canon 430EX Speedlight

sr. graphic designer // photojunkie

cmdfoto
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Dec 20, 2007 19:01 |  #35

hjghj wrote in post #4499610 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE
QUOTED IMAGE
QUOTED IMAGE
QUOTED IMAGE

I absolutely love this photo, how much post process did you do with this one?

alteredimensions
122 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Dec 22, 2007 23:44 |  #36

I agree, that photo above is simply amazing! beautiful! I'm thinking of converting a 20d to IR myself.

Nikon D300 gripped|Nikkor 24-70VR f/2.8|Nikkor 70-200VR f/2.8|Nikkor 85mm f/1.8| Nikon SB800 flash|manfrotto tripod and head
Prints available on http://www.deviantart.​com/ (external link).

AdamR
34 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Dec 23, 2007 04:42 |  #37
bannedPermanent ban

I cannot for the life of me work out whats going on in the second photo. Is it just me or does it look like she is floating! Where are her feet? I know i may regret asking this but Im stumped.

Adam

flyingwolf
66 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Dec 23, 2007 15:59 |  #38

AdamR,
She jumped, he took the shot while her feet were up in her dress during her jump.
I agree it gives a great "spooky" feel to the image as it makes her look like a lost bride in a world devoid of natural color awaiting her always "soon to be coming" groom.

Semper Fi.
Little box that holds light.

wizard13
Goldmember
1,169 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Dec 23, 2007 21:18 |  #39

hjghj wrote in post #4499610 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE
QUOTED IMAGE
QUOTED IMAGE
QUOTED IMAGE

Those are some really nice IR shots. Love the action in the second one--

Photography = a constant learning process
Website (external link) || Facebook (external link) || Gear/Feedback

AdamR
34 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Dec 23, 2007 23:40 |  #40
bannedPermanent ban

Ahhh good. Thank you for clearing that up!

Adam

Izak
164 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jan 10, 2008 00:52 |  #41

Awesome shots man!!
Always wanted to convert my 350d to IR, will do it myself as I'm based in South Africa and there are no suppliers here that do it.
No too difficult though , just need a steady hand and some time. :)

Izak van der Merwe
South Africa
Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter - Ansel Adams.
My pics @ www.perpetualmotion.co​.za (external link)

_aravena
isn't this answer a stickie yet?
12,458 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jan 10, 2008 01:02 |  #42

Hm...I'm seriously considering this. But I need a backup before I use more money to buy a camera to convert. 2009 should be a fun year.

Last Shot Photography
My Site (external link) ~ Gear List ~ Bag Reviews

mrerico
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,281 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 10, 2008 01:08 |  #43

buy a 10d and do it

_aravena
isn't this answer a stickie yet?
12,458 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jan 10, 2008 01:12 |  #44

I would, but I need a 30D or 40D as my primary, a new lens whether it be the cheaper 85 F1.8 or expensive 17-55 IS. Then I can get another camera, maybe, for the IR. I have Tax season and a graduation shoot. Who knows? *ponders*

Wait, never mind. I'm getting married, she won't let me. :( At least I can afford a honeymoon.

Last Shot Photography
My Site (external link) ~ Gear List ~ Bag Reviews

mrerico
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,281 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 10, 2008 01:17 |  #45

thats cool..

lol is it going to be wierd hiring a photographer for your wedding? Who you thinking of hiring? Just wonderin

sponsored links

8,451 views & 0 likes for this thread
Infrared images for a wedding?
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.