Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 08 Apr 2003 (Tuesday) 16:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

10D for $1315

garybermanphotography
20 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Apr 15, 2003 23:04 |  #16

Try Adorama

FYI..I ordered my 10 D from Adorama on 4/9 ...they just shipped it out to me today 4/15 ...It looks like the big reputable stores ( Adorama, B&H, etc) are able to fill their orders pretty quickly

sponsored links
rob_s
24 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Apr 20, 2003 22:22 |  #17

Sketcher - who is your CDW rep? Mine quoted me $1370.

Thanks -

bluebomberx
267 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Apr 21, 2003 02:25 |  #18

I was one of the first customers to recieve a 10D from Gateway. I recieved it a week after I ordered it. I've had it for well over a month now. I got mine for $1350 + sales tax.

-Richie

flickr (external link)

redbutt
619 posts
Joined Aug 2001

Apr 21, 2003 21:17 |  #19

That CDW price seems to be gone, but there is still a slight discount. My company does have a corporate account and I was able to get one for $1434, no sales tax to California, and 2 day shipping for $17. My rep said there are more comming from Canon by month end, so we'll see.

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
52,171 posts
Gallery: 192 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Apr 23, 2003 19:43 |  #20

Sketcher!

Thank you for the tip!

I have been trying to get a 10D anywhere for a few weeks with no joy,.. BUT One of the three local Best Buys had ONE!

It is now mine and I love it. (got it last night and despite overcast skies I shot about 300 pics today.

This is my first post on this forum and had to thank you for the info :)

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

Fuzzleak
61 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Apr 24, 2003 00:43 |  #21

No waiting for the D10 at Fry's electronics. They don't advertise, but if you call in advance chances are they have it in stock at $1499. Hopefully a Fry's Electronics is in your local neighborhood. Not too many people are aware that Fry's carry them. I went to the one in Las Vegas and they had 15 in stock!!

crourke
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Apr 28, 2003 17:06 |  #22

Update today from Mike at CDW is that the shipment has been yet again delay/reduced. No word yet on when.

Chris

raymond_anthony
THREAD ­ STARTER
43 posts
Joined Mar 2003

Apr 28, 2003 17:40 |  #23

I know i feel like im being screwed here. i wanna wait and get it for 1315 but its killing me.

raymond_anthony
THREAD ­ STARTER
43 posts
Joined Mar 2003

Apr 28, 2003 17:40 |  #24

I know i feel like im being screwed here. i wanna wait and get it for 1315 but its killing me.

shutterbug2003
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Apr 28, 2003 21:38 |  #25

Raymond-Anthony...I know how you feel and it bears repeating twice ;^) I have a feeling I'll be using my G2 for a bit longer than I hoped.

crourke
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Apr 29, 2003 18:52 |  #26

Has anyone gotten a new date from their rep? Are they even getting any on the 30th? Considering my order was originally supposed to ship week ago, I'm getting a bit skeptical.

Chris

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
52,171 posts
Gallery: 192 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Apr 29, 2003 19:08 |  #27

You all have more patience than I did :)

I had one on order for $1370.00 form another source,.. when the second week came around with no re-stock,. I found one and paid $1499.00 at BestBuy.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

justme_dc
327 posts
Joined Mar 2003

Apr 29, 2003 19:28 |  #28

Well, I paid $1599. plus tax for mine but I have had it since march 20th. Was the month plus I have spent shooting it worth the extra cash? Oh yeah!!! I mean I understand trying to get the best price but in a year will the $200 matter all that much? I have shot images in the last month that are among the best I've ever produced just because the digital format has let me take risks I normally wouldn't take with film. If you guys can wait for a $1315 price you have more patience than I do!

Spend the money, buy the 10D and feel the joy!

That's my .02¢

Sketcher
513 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Apr 30, 2003 00:48 |  #29

rob_s wrote:
Sketcher - who is your CDW rep? Mine quoted me $1370.

Thanks -

I gave my Rep a link to this thread and he provided me the quote. He’s not interested in having his name listed – otherwise I’d provide it. I talked w/him yesterday and he said the price is still good and it’s a matter of what the Rep wants to sell it for (no one’s dictating a higher price) it’s just that the demand has been noticed and it’s no longer a “sleeper†product.

It seems that even CDW is having a hard time getting shipments in and replenished though. I couldn’t wait and bought mine through BestBuy.

CyberDyneSystems wrote:
Sketcher!

Thank you for the tip!

I have been trying to get a 10D anywhere for a few weeks with no joy,.. BUT One of the three local Best Buys had ONE!

It is now mine and I love it. (got it last night and despite overcast skies I shot about 300 pics today.

This is my first post on this forum and had to thank you for the info :)

CyberDyneSystems, Great, glad to hear you found one!! I’m new to the board myself - but “Welcome to the board!â€. Seeing as how others are still waiting for their orders to fill, I’m even more pleased that I bought mine locally. $200+ is a significant savings if you can handle the wait. Personally, I’ve enjoyed my 10D so much that I’d have been glad to get it even if I hadn’t have needed it so quickly. Truly enjoyable experience shooting with this camera. Now to start stalking a photo printer!

It is what it is...

relic
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Apr 2003

May 01, 2003 00:45 |  #30

My CDW rep just emailed me the following regarding my 10D order.

"I apologize for the hassle. I was contacted by someone in our
international freight department, and they said that we are not authorized
to ship Canon products out of the country. At this point it would probably
be best to cancel the order. This is a restriction on Canon products, and I
will check into other brands for you if you like. Thanks, sorry about the
inconvenience."

I guess Canon has that demographics marketing in tact. Anyone in Canada buy a 10D from the US? I think I will just have to pay the extra and buy locally. It's gonna cost $1745 usd before taxes, and after taxes it'll cost $1998 usd.

sponsored links

12,207 views & 0 likes for this thread
10D for $1315
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.