Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 01 Jan 2008 (Tuesday) 21:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Colohan's

Tim ­ Snow
231 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 02, 2008 12:32 |  #16

Nice images, but one piece of constructive crit...drop the first shot in the second set. It is a well executed shot, but the first thing an editor will see is the car's bumper hitting the boy's head. When presenting your work, you have to be very critical and leave nothing to chance.

1dMkIII, 5dMkII, 16-35, 24-70, 70-200 f/2.8IS II, 15mm fish, 24 1.4, 50 f/1.4, 135 f/2, 580 II, 550, PW Mini's Flex's and Plus II's, Think Tank AI V2.0, Think Tank Skin, Alien Bees -
500px (external link)Montreal Wedding Photographer (external link), Montreal Photojournalist (external link),
Montreal Wedding Photography Blog (external link), Twitter (external link) NewWindWorkshops - Montreal Photo Workshops (external link)

sponsored links
embdaw
717 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jan 02, 2008 12:55 |  #17

Great series, I really like #3

~*~Erin~*~
5DMKII|5D|7D|16-35Lmk1|24-70L|35L|50L|100L|70-200L 2.8IS|580EXII x3
Aperture + CS5 on a MAC
My Site (external link)

JayceeCam
THREAD ­ STARTER
28 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 02, 2008 16:50 |  #18

undergrad. wrote in post #4612162 (external link)
Lovely photos.
How did you get the eyes to stand out so beautifully?

The were outside and the light just happened to catch in the eyes. After that I just sharpen and dodge them a little in photoshop, and I also use some actions that help.

Photo Blog (external link)
Portfolio (external link) - Not finished.... :'(

JayceeCam
THREAD ­ STARTER
28 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 02, 2008 16:53 |  #19

Livinthalife wrote in post #4612938 (external link)
I love them, great subjects to add to the portfolio. I agree about the eyes as well, but client s like that, so I think it's okay to keep them that way.
What lenses did you use, these are very nice!

I just used a 50mm 1.8

JayceeCam
THREAD ­ STARTER
28 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 02, 2008 17:00 |  #20

I agree with everyone about the eyes.

I have a tendency to go overboard once started, as a lot of people do.

Also, I try to compensate when I know that I am going to upload photos to the internet, because I don't have a calibrated monitor and the color profiles from Photoshop get thrown out the window when I upload to the web.

auroraskye
Goldmember
2,445 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jan 02, 2008 17:08 |  #21

Jaycee,

Do you use a particularly action or PS filter for your photos do have you developed your own process? I found a great action I have been using a lot with tweaks to make it more personal and pop more, but I am curious. I do like your look a lot and it's similar to what I am going for with children's photography. Also, out of curiosity, what body are you using? You gotta love that 50mm.. :)

I am super cool n' stuff.
http://www.brandithomp​sonphotography.com (external link)
Like Me On Facebook (external link)

corterlifecrisis
645 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jan 02, 2008 17:56 |  #22

i like the pictures dude, but I like your use of King of Queens even more, haha. favorite dafont typeface of all time :D

was looking at your portfolio- could I talk you out of pink and black? you've got excellent pictures and a very defined style, and the layout really takes away from it. just maybe change everything to white even, you'd be set. a little too fallout boy/teenage for a serious buisness, I think you'd look more professional with something different.

Gear.Blog (external link).Photos (external link)"Doesn't mother nature make a war look silly?"

JayceeCam
THREAD ­ STARTER
28 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 03, 2008 21:15 |  #23

corterlifecrisis wrote in post #4617678 (external link)
i like the pictures dude, but I like your use of King of Queens even more, haha. favorite dafont typeface of all time :D

was looking at your portfolio- could I talk you out of pink and black? you've got excellent pictures and a very defined style, and the layout really takes away from it. just maybe change everything to white even, you'd be set. a little too fallout boy/teenage for a serious buisness, I think you'd look more professional with something different.

That is definitely not my professional portfolio that I would use to obtain any professional business. The reason why I used what I used, was because it was me, and that is more of a place to show my family/friends my work.

Believe me, I definitely wouldn't put skulls on anything if I was trying to obtain business.

Also, I guess it can be teenage for me, because I still am a teenager...haha.

Thanks for the input, and the font indeed does rock.

dmspelic
41 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jan 03, 2008 21:19 |  #24

What are your equipment?

DS Gear: Canon 30D, Canon lenses: EF 24-105 L, EF-S 10-22 mm

JayceeCam
THREAD ­ STARTER
28 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 03, 2008 21:20 |  #25

auroraskye wrote in post #4617314 (external link)
Jaycee,

Do you use a particularly action or PS filter for your photos do have you developed your own process? I found a great action I have been using a lot with tweaks to make it more personal and pop more, but I am curious. I do like your look a lot and it's similar to what I am going for with children's photography. Also, out of curiosity, what body are you using? You gotta love that 50mm.. :)

Action wise I generally use Kubota and Totally Rad, lately leaning more towards the Totally Rad.

The body that I use is the XTi.

I love the Nifty fifty. I am looking to get a 1.4 soon... yay!

JayceeCam
THREAD ­ STARTER
28 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 03, 2008 21:22 |  #26

dmspelic wrote in post #4625994 (external link)
What are your equipment?

For these photos I used the XTi with the Nifty fifty... wooohooo! LOL

That's all I have too other than the kit lens. :oops:

TSEE
Goldmember
4,961 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Jan 04, 2008 14:44 |  #27

Nice series.
Really like #'s 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 10. A few are looking a bit off, a bit soft and oversaturated almost. But most of them I like a lot!

-Sue (TSEE)
My gear list finally got too long to list under my sig.
"All of us have photographic memory, some of us just don't have film."
"I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything."

sponsored links

2,449 views & 0 likes for this thread
Colohan's
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.