Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 10 Jan 2008 (Thursday) 20:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My first wedding shot

sniper44
48 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 10, 2008 20:54 |  #1

My first wedding shot.........

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i68.photobucket​.com …i15/sniper_44/I​ntro_1.jpg (external link)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i68.photobucket​.com …/i15/sniper_44/​WC_7_1.jpg (external link)

C&C are welcome...Thank You.:)

"shoot to frame not to kill"
www.flickr.com/photos/​hazril (external link)

sponsored links
sharpshootr987
190 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Jan 10, 2008 21:07 |  #2

Im not sure that I like the blown sky in the background of the top image, and the bottom images look a tad overexposed.

sniper44
THREAD ­ STARTER
48 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 10, 2008 21:22 |  #3

sharpshootr987 wrote in post #4677312 (external link)
Im not sure that I like the blown sky in the background of the top image, and the bottom images look a tad overexposed.

Thanks for your comment......I need to do a lot of practice.....:)

"shoot to frame not to kill"
www.flickr.com/photos/​hazril (external link)

Zonieart
601 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jan 10, 2008 22:34 |  #4

On my monitor, the bottom images look just fine. I'm sure the couple will enjoy them.

Retired and Loving it!

wilky95
658 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jan 11, 2008 01:23 |  #5

The images look fine to me BUT its a real shame you have the tree coming out of the heads if you had taken the shot with them in the right corner no tree but that wonderful background then I think the picture would have been much better.

I really like the other shots

Martin

"I am an incompetent so ignore :p "
http://www.wightphotog​raphy.com (external link)

leninglass
Goldmember
1,581 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jan 11, 2008 01:39 |  #6

I like how you layed out the images. Very nice

Canon 5D Mark III x2 - 14mm Mark II f/2.8 L II - 24 L II - 35mm f/1.4 L - 50mm f/1.2 L II - 70-200 f/2.8 L II IS - 100L Macro - 600EX-RT x3
Lenin Glass - One of Oklahoma's Premier Wedding Photographers (external link)

smorter
Goldmember
4,506 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jan 11, 2008 06:50 |  #7

The tree out of head happens so much to me :(...Murphy's law...

I've had so many otherwise perfect shots ruined by trees out of heads that now I am obsessed with avoid it.

The background on shot 1 is a bit blown, but I can understand the difficulty, I do it all the time unfortunately, I need more practice even more!

Wedding Photography Melbourneexternal link
Reviews: 85LII

psxindo
419 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 11, 2008 12:13 |  #8

malay or indonesia

5D mkIII | 5D mkII | 6D | EOS M | 16-35L | 24-70L | 70-200L 2.8 IS mkII | EF-M 22 | 50 1.4 | 85L | 100 2.8 macro | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | 2x 580 ex II | 580 ex | 2x sunpak 383 | 134GB CF |
Wishlist | 14L | 24L | 35L | 50L | 100L macro | 135L | 15 2.8 FE | 17L 4 TS | 45 2.8 TS | 90 2.8 TS |

pickle1
209 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jan 12, 2008 10:47 |  #9

To correct the sky problem -- take the reading of the sky say 250 @ f5.6. Well, as a starting point set the camera at 200 (generally a camera highest sync speed) @ f8 and then add you flash at f11. this will keep the background 1 stop less than your subjects.

Play with it outside on a similar day with a friend as a subject and try it out... you will get the knack of it. Vary you setting, distance of flash to subject and various light positions.

Owner of Deevers Photography
Stop by and visit deeversphoto.com

HenryWphoto
198 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 12, 2008 13:55 |  #10

pickle1 wrote in post #4687887 (external link)
To correct the sky problem -- take the reading of the sky say 250 @ f5.6. Well, as a starting point set the camera at 200 (generally a camera highest sync speed) @ f8 and then add you flash at f11. this will keep the background 1 stop less than your subjects.

Play with it outside on a similar day with a friend as a subject and try it out... you will get the knack of it. Vary you setting, distance of flash to subject and various light positions.

Can you show me how to add a flash at f11? regular speedlite or strobe?

Forget the Guns, watch out for my Canon.
I don't shoot with guns, I shoot with my Canon.

g-money
Goldmember
1,601 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jan 14, 2008 14:18 |  #11

I can live with the blown sky what bothers me about the top photo is the photo being cropped right above their hands. You can tell they holding hands I just wish I could see them. If you cropped it this way I would recrop, there is a lot of space above their heads to work with. Same on the small photo just above "Jeff" For first time nice job and I do like the layout as well.

Greg

Canon 6D X 2, Canon 5D, FUJI X100, Canon Rebel XT, Canon 24-70L VII, Canon 35L 1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Tokina 16-28 2.8, 580exII x2, Godox 850 X 2, 430ex

Website... [URL="http://www.gowen​sphotography.com"]Arkansas Wedding Photographerexternal link

sponsored links

2,339 views & 0 likes for this thread
My first wedding shot
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.