Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 16 Jan 2008 (Wednesday) 10:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Hoya UV(0) SHMC Pro-1

Max ­ F
157 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jan 16, 2008 10:54 |  #1

I just bought this filter through hvstar and I'm a little concerned that its has a faint yellowish tint to it. I was under the impression that it would be totally clear. Now that i've read a little on the subject, some of the UV filters that block more of the UV (i.e., haze filters) can be a little yellowish looking. I want to use this as a protective filter for my Canon 17-85 (on a XTi). Should I have bought a clear protective filter instead? Should I just slap it on or not worry about it? Or should I just use it outside when conditions are a little harsh - like at the beach or in situations with a lot of haze?

I may try some shots with and without and see if there are any color issues. Also, i'll look for any loss in light.

Any other suggestions?

flickr (external link)

gasrocks
Cream of the Crop
13,432 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Jan 16, 2008 11:23 |  #2

Assuming you use AWB (auto white balance) any color in a filter might not be noticed in the final result. Yes, UV's are supposed to look clear to us mere mortals, I thought.

GEAR LIST

Max ­ F
THREAD ­ STARTER
157 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jan 17, 2008 12:26 |  #3

I've seen enough evidence to go naked now. I feel liberated. I'll still use the uv in harsh conditions. Thanks.

flickr (external link)

argyle
Cream of the Crop
8,187 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 17, 2008 17:13 |  #4

Max F wrote in post #4722812 (external link)
I've seen enough evidence to go naked now. I feel liberated. I'll still use the uv in harsh conditions. Thanks.

Ah, another convert...welcome to the dark side. :)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer

GEAR LIST

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,939 views & 0 likes for this thread
Hoya UV(0) SHMC Pro-1
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.