Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 02 Feb 2008 (Saturday) 00:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

finally got around to looking at the photos

SgWRX
395 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Feb 02, 2008 00:09 |  #1

everything else aside i liked the way this one turned out. a little processing and cropped a little off the top. think if i sent this to eli that he'd autograph and return?

Mr.flexo
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Jan 2006

Feb 02, 2008 00:35 |  #2

how did your camera work in -4 conditions?? I live close to GB.

Sauk
Goldmember
4,149 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 02, 2008 00:44 |  #3

not sure how that works in the NFL to be honest. I know when I played in the Arena league things like that were sent to the team's front office then delivered to me at my locker. But I can only imagine the amount of mail that is sent to these NFL guys. So much so I can't imagine them accepting mail for them?

Again I am not sure but I used to get player cards or photos or just pieces of papers asking for that stuff. But I was not an NFL player lol

Nikon D700 D3s | Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM

MJPhotos24
Cream of the Crop
5,619 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Feb 02, 2008 01:25 |  #4

I hate the result...of that game...but they better beat NE :)

I know/knew a few guys in the NFL and it is delivered to their lockers usually - or some teams have a mail room. An ex-HOF'er who hangs out in town always answered his mail but it was a generic printed auto pic he sent and didn't sign anything because every day he got hundreds of letters.

If you really want to get it signed and know it's legit sometimes guys do private auto signings and you can send in your own items sometimes; quick google search shows Eli has an exclusive autograph deal with Steiner Sports and he's doing a signing on Feb. 15th - however for this one you can't send in your own items. So maybe they'll do one in the future where you can...

http://www.steinerspor​ts.com/ssm/control/upc​omingsignings (external link)

..or if they play in GB next year wait out back or before the game and HOPE he stops to sign :)

Freelance Photographer & Co-founder of Four Seam Images
Mike Janes Photography (external link) - Four Seam Images LLC (external link)
FSI is a baseball oriented photo agency and official licensee of MiLB/MLB.
@FourSeamImages (instagram/twitter)
@MikeJanesPhotography (instagram)
@MikeJanesPhotog (twitter)

SgWRX
THREAD ­ STARTER
395 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Feb 02, 2008 01:57 as a reply to  @ MJPhotos24's post |  #5

MJ - thanks that's good info to know.

flexo - i was worried as all get out. 10D and 1 battery. i was at a tailgate at 12:30am and left the camera out (we were in a garage across the street) in the cold with the battery in my pants pocket (underneath snow pants ha!). the camera definitely was ice cold. got to the game and shot the whole thing and the battery level didn't move. heh, the air out of my nostriles on exhale froze up the little thumb wheel! had to kind of jar it, to break it free :) the LCD was very slugish - click - 1... 2... then the image would change.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,257 views & 0 likes for this thread
finally got around to looking at the photos
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.