Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 18 Feb 2008 (Monday) 05:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Seaside portrait

antoniloskot
THREAD ­ STARTER
67 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Feb 18, 2008 17:11 |  #16

Big thanks Lightning man for the critique. I can't see though myself as a photographer, so precise, and so forseeing all those detalis, to make each and every shot "perfect"
Furthermore, giving the photograph all those drawbacks, You pointed out, I find it kind of more "natural" amateur like ?

Big Thanks anyway, for the time You spent on Your anwser :)
Regards

Antoni Łoskot

photo-blog (external link)

sponsored links
keosho
"Just a bug in the jar"
154 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 18, 2008 19:23 |  #17

Great photo! Just moody enough to make you want to grab a blanket.

LightingMan
Master of Light
210 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 18, 2008 19:30 |  #18

Hi Anton
The goal for creating a portrait is different for each situation. For your situation, the image may be perfectly acceptable as it is. My critiques are always from the point of view of the working professional studio photographer who is selling his or her work and possibly even competing professionally with it. My critiques are intended to provide info that will help one achieve their goals up to and including professional studio work. If your situation is not quite that lofty, then there are less issues to be concerned about.

Heck, when my daughter has a birthday party, do you think I am all that concerned about the professional perfection one needs to sell their work? Not a chance. I put it on automatic and enjoy myself. Everything in photography is relative to the application. I just provide info for you to learn from however it may apply.
Best wishes,

Scott Smith - Master Photographic Craftsman, CPP, F-TPPA
CLICK to write to me: Scott645Texas@gmail.co​m (external link)

"It's not what you own that makes you a great image maker... It's what you know." - Scott Smith

Consensus ­ Trance
195 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 18, 2008 20:14 |  #19
bannedPermanent ban

antoniloskot wrote in post #4943761 (external link)
Big thanks Lightning man for the critique. I can't see though myself as a photographer, so precise, and so forseeing all those detalis, to make each and every shot "perfect"
Furthermore, giving the photograph all those drawbacks, You pointed out, I find it kind of more "natural" amateur like ?

Big Thanks anyway, for the time You spent on Your anwser :)
Regards

Antoni Łoskot

Personally, I think all of the critiques in this thread suck. Your shot is great in context of the work present at your website. BTW - the urban series black and whites are just plain AWESOME!

antoniloskot
THREAD ­ STARTER
67 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Feb 19, 2008 02:22 as a reply to  @ Consensus Trance's post |  #20

No critique sucks :)
Eventually, thanks to Lightingman post, I'll put my attention in the future to several things, I wasn't aware of, while taking a shot ...
Neveretheless, I won't be going pro anytime soon, my photography always was and will be amateure like, and I like it that way :)

Regards :)

robgr85
890 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 19, 2008 04:58 |  #21

is there any way to subscribe to lightingman posts? It is awesome critique. So much to learn from that!

Blog (external link)

PG07
324 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2007

Feb 19, 2008 05:18 |  #22

robgr85 wrote in post #4947472 (external link)
is there any way to subscribe to lightingman posts? It is awesome critique. So much to learn from that!

First time I've come across critique like this and I think it as fantastic. If we strive to take our shots with a critical eye like this I'm sure the standard of the pics we take can only get better ....after all I think all of us try to improve with every photo:)

"The poetry of photgraphy will always be more important than mechanics of the camera... you see the picture is taken with the eye,the heart.The most sophisticated camera in the world can never replace this." Jacques-Henri Lartigue
Peter:) canon400D 18-55 , 50mm 1.8,75-300,Sigma 17-50 F/2.8 EX OS HSM , 430EX II ,Lowepro slingshot 200AW. Sony a6000 , Sigma 30mm 1.4 e-mount, 17-50 kit and 55-200 kit.

robgr85
890 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 19, 2008 07:50 |  #23

PG07 wrote in post #4947507 (external link)
First time I've come across critique like this and I think it as fantastic. If we strive to take our shots with a critical eye like this I'm sure the standard of the pics we take can only get better ....after all I think all of us try to improve with every photo:)

is there anyone who saved all of lightingman attachments to critique posts (photos with descriptions)? if so I would be glad for PM'ing me. I would like to read them all.

Blog (external link)

Ferrari ­ 1
Goldmember
1,724 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Feb 19, 2008 11:43 |  #24

I know, I can learn so much from LightingMan's posts, it's amazing.

Ferrari 1
www.EYE-SCAPE.com (external link)

Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others.

antoniloskot
THREAD ­ STARTER
67 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Feb 22, 2008 04:41 as a reply to  @ Ferrari 1's post |  #25

Thank You all for Your comments and thoughts

Regards

sponsored links

2,494 views & 0 likes for this thread
Seaside portrait
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.