Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 25 Feb 2006 (Saturday) 07:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Arizona POTN get together?

this thread is locked
Jimbow1098
270 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Feb 26, 2008 18:59 |  #6196

Strobist Seminar

I have a ticket for Sunday the 16th anyone have a Sat. that would want to switch? I can not go Sunday so have to sell it or exchange for a Sat ticket.

Strobist Seminar
http://strobist.blogsp​ot.com/2008/02...istra​tion.html (external link)

Canon 2-40D & 20D
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS L
Canon 2- 28-135mm
Canon 50mm f/1.4 and Sigma 10-20

sponsored links
DanaS
24 posts
Joined May 2006

Feb 26, 2008 19:03 as a reply to  @ post 5001933 |  #6197

Hey Kristy,
I went to your web site and I can say after looking at the shot with the girl in the highchair; the focus was definitely on the sippycup not her eye....Ugh (nice pic of a sippycup though..) Sorry to hear about your gear though, hopefully Canon will fix the prob :D.

If everyone is going to the DBG this weekend, what day were you thinking. Would love to meet up with everyone and continue the learning.

Have a great evening everyone.
Dana

Dana S
1D MarkII N, 7D, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS, 24-105mm f/4L IS, 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro, Gitzo Tripod, Manfrotto Monopod, couple ball-heads, etc... Image editing okay.

Az2Africa
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,481 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Feb 26, 2008 19:44 |  #6198

Anyone going to this Scott Kelby photoshop class? http://www.kelbytraini​ng.com/?page=product&i​d=111 (external link)

"If you're not living on the edge. You're taking up too much room !"
My Gear Arizona's POTN Flickr Gallery (external link)

ScottDR
763 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 26, 2008 21:05 |  #6199

Sorry, not here Terry.

Kristy! I thought that was all fixed. I'm sorry to hear of your woes. :(

ScottDR
Canon EOS 30D x 2, 24-105 4.0L, 70-200 4.0L 580EX II, some new stuff and more old stuff :).

azpix
Goldmember
3,335 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Feb 26, 2008 21:42 |  #6200

Kristy wrote in post #5001933 (external link)
Joining in the chat.... :)

It's a problem.... 24-70 and 85 front focusing on the 5D. 24-70 which was fine before I sent it to Canon, also front focuses on 20D now.... Sucks big time! I'm so not happy about it..

Have a look here if you're interested... http://ksnyderphoto.sm​ugmug.com …y/4369697_vsSfo​#256552985 (external link) this is what I see in Zoom Browser, vs... what the image shows... blah... All snapshots really, but it's pretty consistent across the board.

Unfortunately the original sized images take a long time to load through SmugMug.. I don't know why... but you might be able to see it at 3x's large..... just roll over the images to choose the viewing size....

kristy,

i can't get them to load at all. nothing comes up.

Gear- 7d, 24-70L, sigma 70-200, Sigma 120-400, canon 50 1.4, Canon 100 2.0,sigma 10-20 and a DJI Mavic Pro Drone

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 26, 2008 21:57 |  #6201

Kristy wrote in post #5000014 (external link)
No gear.... :( https://photography-on-the.net …php?p=4999990#p​ost4999990

I'm crossing my fingers for next week....

If you think I'm crazy... I'll let you look at my sample images that went to Canon... LOL!

It's interesting that in some the focus missed shallow and in some it missed deep. Are all of these shot at f/2.8? Do you have your focus on the "*" button or the shutter release?

[Never mind about aperture... Didn't see the "Photo Info" tab that popped up...]

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

Hatch1921
Cream of the Crop
7,466 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Mar 2006

Feb 26, 2008 22:27 |  #6202

WOW! New members to the group :) Nice to meet you all and welcome :)

The flowers are starting to bloom... I was out at the White Tanks this evening... weather was wonderful... flowers all over. I would imagine by this weekend the Valley is going to be full of color.

A few shots...

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3025/2294755499_f9c6913141_o.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3125/2294755625_09ebb89f34_o.jpg

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

SLIDE SHOW (external link)

Have a good night all.
Hatch

MAIN SITE (external link)
Great site to buy gear through and save some money. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Greentoe.com (external link)

BrianAZ
Goldmember
1,550 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 26, 2008 22:30 |  #6203

Hatch,

That second shot is b-e-a-utiful.

Website (external link)
My Blog (external link)
facebook (external link)
Gear List

BrianAZ
Goldmember
1,550 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 26, 2008 22:33 |  #6204

Kristy wrote in post #5001933 (external link)
Joining in the chat.... :)

It's a problem.... 24-70 and 85 front focusing on the 5D. 24-70 which was fine before I sent it to Canon, also front focuses on 20D now.... Sucks big time! I'm so not happy about it..

Have a look here if you're interested... http://ksnyderphoto.sm​ugmug.com …y/4369697_vsSfo​#256552985 (external link) this is what I see in Zoom Browser, vs... what the image shows... blah... All snapshots really, but it's pretty consistent across the board.

Unfortunately the original sized images take a long time to load through SmugMug.. I don't know why... but you might be able to see it at 3x's large..... just roll over the images to choose the viewing size....

The weird thing.. is that if I shoot up close and personal... and wide open (just as I did on the focus chart). The thing is spot on.. I can see eyelashes, etc.. which is exactly what I expect to see.... But if I step 6-10 feet away.... YIKES!

I know sometimes I might miss focus... but not every time...

So supposedly it's going to the front of the line to a "Senior" tech person... we will see.

Kristy,

I took a look at those shots, and I would be really upset if that were my gear.

Even for those areas that are in focus, they seem REALLY soft and seriously lacking in contrast. Were these RAW conversions, or jpg straight out of the camera? For a "L" lense, it should do much better than that. I know my combo is extremely sharp, even if it is out of focus. ;)

Website (external link)
My Blog (external link)
facebook (external link)
Gear List

Hatch1921
Cream of the Crop
7,466 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Feb 26, 2008 22:38 |  #6205

BrianAZ wrote in post #5003374 (external link)
Hatch,

That second shot is b-e-a-utiful.

Many thanks Brian :)

Hatch

Great site to buy gear through and save some money. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Greentoe.com (external link)

ScottDR
763 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 26, 2008 22:45 |  #6206

Hatch, incredible shots sir. My favorite is the first one, but the third one is incredible IMO because of the difficulty in getting a naturally colorful background here in the desert!

ScottDR
Canon EOS 30D x 2, 24-105 4.0L, 70-200 4.0L 580EX II, some new stuff and more old stuff :).

Zonieart
601 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Feb 26, 2008 22:46 |  #6207

Az2Africa wrote in post #5002283 (external link)
Anyone going to this Scott Kelby photoshop class? http://www.kelbytraini​ng.com/?page=product&i​d=111 (external link)

Yep, I'm driving up from Tucson Thursday morning.

Retired and Loving it!

Hatch1921
Cream of the Crop
7,466 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Feb 26, 2008 22:47 |  #6208

ScottDR wrote in post #5003465 (external link)
Hatch, incredible shots sir. My favorite is the first one, but the third one is incredible IMO because of the difficulty in getting a naturally colorful background here in the desert!

Many thanks Scott. :) I'm working on trying to capture the composition of the shots in camera vs cropping. The first shot is all in camera... It is in the my top 2 picks for the day. I have a one shot in the gallery that is a backlit shot... I dig it as well. :)

This weekend is going to be great for flower shots...I think all of March will be as well.

Thanks again,
Hatch

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 26, 2008 22:56 |  #6209

Nothing but your usual level of excellence Hatch. Stunning imagery.

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

Az2Africa
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,481 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Feb 26, 2008 23:32 |  #6210

Zonieart wrote in post #5003479 (external link)
Yep, I'm driving up from Tucson Thursday morning.

Maybe we will run across each other.:)

"If you're not living on the edge. You're taking up too much room !"
My Gear Arizona's POTN Flickr Gallery (external link)

sponsored links

628,607 views & 0 likes for this thread
Arizona POTN get together?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.