Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 24 Feb 2008 (Sunday) 11:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

where to get business cards made online??

michael_
Goldmember
3,450 posts
Joined May 2006

Feb 26, 2008 16:13 |  #16

where are you from?

if in australia

clickbusinesscards.com​.au have ordered about 5,000 cards from them so far excellent service

ichael ... (external link)
vettas media (external link) (me) | myGear (all my equipment) | sportshooter (external link) (my sportsshooter member page)

sponsored links
prilamai
505 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 27, 2008 14:36 |  #17

GA_Teg wrote in post #4991182 (external link)
I use overnightprints.com and have had no problem and the cards come out awesome.

Same here!!

April K

Gear: 5D Mk2, 5D, 70-200mm f2.8L IS, 100mm macro 2.8, 24-70mm f2.8L, 85mm f1.2L, 430 & 580 ex.

Uhland
864 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Feb 27, 2008 23:15 |  #18

tagged for later

:mrgreen:https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp

pworm14
286 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Feb 28, 2008 20:28 |  #19

I received my overnightprints.com cards today and the look great. I will definitly use them again. Excellent quailty and VERY fast turnaround.

Be sure to look for online coupons. I found one that got me free shipping.

http://www.apaulsenpho​to.com (external link)

OdiN1701
Goldmember
2,523 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 28, 2008 21:16 |  #20
bannedPermanent ban

bigjon0107 wrote in post #4994087 (external link)
gotprint.com - i have used them for a few orders and they have come out beautiful

Another vote for GotPrint.com

Excellent results and great prices.

SAY NO TO SPEC WORK! (external link)

TroyRaymond
221 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 28, 2008 23:56 as a reply to  @ OdiN1701's post |  #21

I just took a chance and ordered 2000 cards (my normal amount) from vistaprints. They came much darker than what I had designed. They'll get me by for a short period although it is quite embarrasing.

Formerly, I had prinfirm.com do my cards. Two sided full color cards with a UV coating on both sides. Very slightly more expensive than vistaprints but they always turned out EXACTLY the way I designed them and on better paper. Printfirm is getting my business back.

If you took the vistaprint cards, did full color both sides, glossy ONE side, the price would be much more expensive than printfirm. Plus I just paid nearly $20 for vistaprint shipping and last I ordered from printfirm it was around $8 for the same shipment.

Troy

TroyRaymond
221 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 28, 2008 23:59 as a reply to  @ TroyRaymond's post |  #22

I forgot to mention, The vistaprint pricing was following the link in this thread to get the big discount. Printfirm pricing is their standard pricing...

T.

EnronRocks
557 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Mar 07, 2008 16:23 |  #23

TroyRaymond wrote in post #5018048 (external link)
I just took a chance and ordered 2000 cards (my normal amount) from vistaprints. They came much darker than what I had designed. They'll get me by for a short period although it is quite embarrasing.

Formerly, I had prinfirm.com do my cards. Two sided full color cards with a UV coating on both sides. Very slightly more expensive than vistaprints but they always turned out EXACTLY the way I designed them and on better paper. Printfirm is getting my business back.

If you took the vistaprint cards, did full color both sides, glossy ONE side, the price would be much more expensive than printfirm. Plus I just paid nearly $20 for vistaprint shipping and last I ordered from printfirm it was around $8 for the same shipment.

Troy

I have heard of the ink being darker than people designed, but I did not have this problem when I ordered. I remember reading somewhere when I ordered to lighten the colors to compensate for this issue but I ignored it. Most people are not going to look at your card and think that it is too dark of a gray so I will not do my business with him, how DARE he choose that color.

Name: Garrett
Visit My Website (external link) and My Gallery (external link).
AIM - EnronRocks

elysium
"full of stupid banter"
11,619 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Location: Harrow/London/UK/GB/That Part Of The World/Next To France

Mar 07, 2008 16:31 |  #24

jPadilla wrote in post #4987760 (external link)
moo.com

unique size

Yeah!!!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

Everyday, a programmer finds a way of creating an idiotproof program. Everyday, the universe spits out another idiot.....So far, the universe if winning

TroyRaymond
221 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 07, 2008 18:07 |  #25

EnronRocks wrote in post #5068706 (external link)
I have heard of the ink being darker than people designed, but I did not have this problem when I ordered. I remember reading somewhere when I ordered to lighten the colors to compensate for this issue but I ignored it. Most people are not going to look at your card and think that it is too dark of a gray so I will not do my business with him, how DARE he choose that color.

My cards actually had a fade, black at the top and medium gray at the bottom to match my website. The difference was so great that the entire background is completely black. The back side has a nice shiney black car with reflections. The image of the car is just 'black'.

I'm still using the cards as I know customers will not know the difference, but I will make sure the next batch is correct.

After comparing the papers from my previous cards, the best way to describe it is compared to printing a photograph on plain paper verses photo paper. (with both papers being thicker than the description) I did not get the better paper upgrade on vistaprint since the cost would have greatly exceeded the cost from the other printer.

As an example I took a photo of the new card against the old. I've noticed while viewing in sunlight they have the saturated look also.

IMAGE: http://troyraymond.smugmug.com/photos/263110452_KbRG7-X3.jpg

350D_Noob
877 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 09, 2008 00:13 |  #26

I just ordered from moo.com. I'll let you know how that turns out. I have used vistaprint in the past and they're decent for the price.

Gear List

http://www.myspace.com​/JGabrielPhoto (external link)

"It's better to live one day as a lion than a thousand years as a lamb."

PhotosByCynthia
139 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Mar 10, 2008 16:59 as a reply to  @ 350D_Noob's post |  #27

I ALWAYS order from Vistaprint.com - and I always get the glossy finish. If you get the matte, you will notice a difference in color because it's not as sharp as the glossy; it's like a picture in the newspaper, dull and not very eyecatching. Spend the money and get the glossy; it is WELL worth it. The colors came out perfect as well! I not only had business cards made up by them, but postcards as well.

My husband's boss also orders exclusively from them. I design all their invoices, order forms, business cards, brochures, door hangers, etc... and vista print does an excellent job and gets everything perfect each time.

When you want to make an impression on people about your business and all you have is a business card, don't be cheap - you want to WOW them. If they are impressed with your personality and your business card, you're more than likely going to stick out in their memory and they will come to you vs. another photographer with a crummy business card. Crummy business cards tell them you don't care enough about your business to have top notch cards, so what are they going to expect from you for photos?

I am not intending to offend anyone with this advice. Please don't take it that way. You have to put on a good face for potential customers. First impressions and all that............ :)

Cynthia Johnson
Canon 20D, 40D, Canon 100mm 1:2.8, Canon 70-200mm 1:2.8 L IS USM, Canon 75-300mm 1:4-5.6, Canon 28-135mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS, Canon 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6
My Website (external link) ~ My Gallery (external link)

elysium
"full of stupid banter"
11,619 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Location: Harrow/London/UK/GB/That Part Of The World/Next To France

Mar 10, 2008 17:01 |  #28

350D_Noob wrote in post #5076968 (external link)
I just ordered from moo.com. I'll let you know how that turns out. I have used vistaprint in the past and they're decent for the price.

Let us know how they compare. Would like to see other peoples feedback from moo. My own negative comment is the size. People tend to lose them easy.

Everyday, a programmer finds a way of creating an idiotproof program. Everyday, the universe spits out another idiot.....So far, the universe if winning

lovebugg
294 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 10, 2008 17:11 |  #29

I just ordered from staples.com, I will let you know when I get them how their print quality is.

Yeah, I have gear too....

Uhland
864 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Mar 10, 2008 17:31 |  #30

TroyRaymond wrote in post #5018048 (external link)

Troy

Just came in here to post this.
Got my cards from Vista.
Tried them out. 250 free premium cards with like $5 shipping.
Very dark. I was using a dark design to begin with so it really makes the cards look bad. Much darker than my design. Id say a full stop darker to give you an idea. I wasnt very impressed with the paper they use either. Very thin and cardboard feeling. I guess just standard card. I could have bought some stuff from wall-mart and printed it myself.
The quality of the ink wasnt bad. The details came out well. The text wasnt blured just too dark.

For 5 bucks it wouldnt have been bad had my design not have been a dark one in the 1st place. But as it is they are pretty unusable. So it was a waste of 5 bucks for me.

:mrgreen:https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp

sponsored links

3,214 views & 0 likes for this thread
where to get business cards made online??
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.