Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 03 Mar 2008 (Monday) 07:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

hi-jacked photo

VinnyC01
"throw pies at me! "
1,176 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 03, 2008 07:21 |  #1

Photos have been hi-jacked from my printroom account and used by this below. This guy also hi-jacked photos from other friends/photographers of mine who use photoshelter - what would you do? What should I do?

http://www.njpowerrank​ing.com/id47.html (external link)

CANON Mark 1D IV & 5D Mark III; 300/2.8L IS; 70-200/2.8L IS; 24-70 f/2.8L; 85/1.8; 50/1.4;1.4x; 580EX II;
MCVProductions.net (external link); Sports Shooter; (external link) MaxPreps (external link); Facebook; (external link) Flickr; (external link)

sponsored links
Gatorboy
Goldmember
2,483 posts
Joined May 2005

Mar 03, 2008 07:30 |  #2

Send the guy an invoice for web usage of your images.

Dave Hoffmann

ddukshure
44 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Mar 03, 2008 08:01 |  #3

Gatorboy wrote in post #5038428 (external link)

What He Said.

All the Gear, No Idea.... lol :D

VinnyC01
THREAD ­ STARTER
"throw pies at me! "
1,176 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 03, 2008 08:17 |  #4

Gatorboy wrote in post #5038428 (external link)

i like that

CANON Mark 1D IV & 5D Mark III; 300/2.8L IS; 70-200/2.8L IS; 24-70 f/2.8L; 85/1.8; 50/1.4;1.4x; 580EX II;
MCVProductions.net (external link); Sports Shooter; (external link) MaxPreps (external link); Facebook; (external link) Flickr; (external link)

Richtherookie
Goldmember
1,034 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 03, 2008 09:44 |  #5

I am all for billing him also. But maybe he doesn't realize he did anything wrong. I know alot of my friends think as long as you can right click and copy the picture it is ok. It is not that they are tring to "steal" them, they just don't know any better. If this was my issue to deal with I guess i'd email him and explain what he has done, he has two choices, remove the pictures or pay for usage. He might just be "ignorant" of what he has done.

Canon 40D, Rebel XT, Kit lens, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, 50mm F/1.8II, 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS USM

Trained to survive, willing not to.
www.haysphotography.ne​t (external link)

fk6065
69 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 03, 2008 09:59 |  #6

I set up a web site for my son's basketball team with Smugmug this season and chose to right click protect the pictures (yes I know that there are ways around that) You would not believe how many parents came up to me and told me the site is "No good because we can't download the pictures for free."

VinnyC01
THREAD ­ STARTER
"throw pies at me! "
1,176 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 03, 2008 10:14 |  #7

fk6065 wrote in post #5039062 (external link)
I set up a web site for my son's basketball team with Smugmug this season and chose to right click protect the pictures (yes I know that there are ways around that) You would not believe how many parents came up to me and told me the site is "No good because we can't download the pictures for free."

thanks all. He has offered to take them down. He also does this as a hobby and does not make profit, so i asked him to just credit me. He also says that "he was sent the pictures."

I was just shocked because the photos cam from printroom and are not on my site as a sample or thumbnail.

oh well ... case closed - thank you all. I feel better now.

Brandon ­ Anderson ­ Photos
907 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 03, 2008 11:47 |  #8

okay this is kind of realated to this subject, I put alot of my photos on myphotalbum.com (yea I know its a crappy web site, Im working on either getting a smugmug or zenfolio account) anyways back to my question whats the best way to protect your images from the dreaded right click?? for the most part I dont mind people using my pics on their myspace or facebook profiles because 98% of them give me photocredit but there are some who take my images and do some wacky stuff in photo shop and it really errks me.. heres an example I found last nite..

here is the orginal web image:

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i55.photobucket​.com …dersonproductio​ns/org.jpg (external link)

and his photoshoped....

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i55.photobucket​.com …dersonproductio​ns/wtf.png (external link)

any ideas here guys and gals???

thank you

Gear: 2-1D MkIII's | 5D Gripped | 50D Gripped | Rebel 6.3 | 70-200L F2.8 MkI | 17-40 L F4 | 300mm f2.8L | 28-135 3.5/5.6 IS | Nifty Fifty | Canon 15mm 2.8 Fisheye | (2)Norman 400b | 430 ExII | Some Studio Lighting | Go Pro Hero | Go Pro Hero 2
Web Site www.ba-photos.com (external link)

Croasdail
making stuff up
7,959 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Apr 2005

Mar 03, 2008 14:39 |  #9

If he is doing it as a hobby, why not throw the guy a bone. He isn't making any money doing this, he's just doing it because of he loves the sport and the kids ( I assume - not knowing the chap ). Why not work with him, privide him will little ones and like you said, if your in this for the money - refer them to your site. Sometimes I think some forget they started doing this just becsuse they love the kids and want to capture it... it wasn't the beginning of some photo empire. The Coaches are donating their time, parents help out in many ways to make this a great experience for the kids... what in the heck is a picture here or there... particularly when there is no money being made anyway. I just don't get it sometimes.

Now if you do this to make your mortgage, and the local paper wants them.... that's another story all together.

VinnyC01
THREAD ­ STARTER
"throw pies at me! "
1,176 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 03, 2008 15:51 |  #10

Croasdail wrote in post #5040662 (external link)
If he is doing it as a hobby, why not throw the guy a bone. He isn't making any money doing this, he's just doing it because of he loves the sport and the kids ( I assume - not knowing the chap ). Why not work with him, privide him will little ones and like you said, if your in this for the money - refer them to your site. Sometimes I think some forget they started doing this just becsuse they love the kids and want to capture it... it wasn't the beginning of some photo empire. The Coaches are donating their time, parents help out in many ways to make this a great experience for the kids... what in the heck is a picture here or there... particularly when there is no money being made anyway. I just don't get it sometimes.

That's what kills me, I would have just sent them to him, since he seems not to be looking for profit.

He also said the pictures were sent to him, which I find hard to believe. But it is water under the bridge now.

Benandbobbi
Goldmember
1,554 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Mar 03, 2008 18:56 |  #11

I like his edit. ;-)a

My Gear
My Website (external link)

sponsored links

1,747 views & 0 likes for this thread
hi-jacked photo
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.