Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Urban Life & Travel 
Thread started 05 Mar 2008 (Wednesday) 02:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Fire supression went off

ZeroOne86
580 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 05, 2008 02:34 |  #1

Sorry for the crappy pictures (cell phone pics), but I thought might share this with you guys. The foam fire suppresion system went off in the hanger next to us. Of course the first its seeping into the hanger and the second crappy, but you can see how high it is. It's pretty funny, although it made it across the street and it's covering my car.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon Rebel XTi 18-55mm, 50mm f1.8, 430 EX

sponsored links
ZeroOne86
THREAD ­ STARTER
580 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 05, 2008 02:36 |  #2

Here's another in front of the hanger you can see it creeping along.

HOSTED PHOTO

MikeT
125 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 05, 2008 03:02 |  #3

HAHA. That is awesome man. I have always wanted to see one of the AFFF systems go off in our hangers lol. Where are you stationed, and what airframe are you on? Im at Offutt AFB, Ne workin on RC-135's/OC-135B's/and WC-135's.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

5D, 20D, 70-200mm 2.8L, 100mm 2.8 macro, 50mm 1.8, 75-300mm 4-5.6 III, Kit Lens, 580EX II, Canon Pixma Pro 9500.

ZeroOne86
THREAD ­ STARTER
580 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 05, 2008 03:10 |  #4

MikeT wrote in post #5051378 (external link)
HAHA. That is awesome man. I have always wanted to see one of the AFFF systems go off in our hangers lol. Where are you stationed, and what airframe are you on? Im at Offutt AFB, Ne workin on RC-135's/OC-135B's/and WC-135's.

Yeah it was pretty hilarious it up past the top of the support door. I'm stationed at Langley and I'm on F-22. Working in support currently. The supression system went off in the F-15 hanger.

Grace
something cute
7,629 posts
Joined May 2006

Mar 05, 2008 07:56 |  #5

holy moly!!! I'm glad you got a pic!!

- Grace -

JawsofLife252
417 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Mar 05, 2008 13:22 |  #6

Thats hilarious!!

500px (external link) : Gear List : Into The Smoke (external link)

CPS Member

It's not so much that I want my pictures to be looked upon as art objects as it is a form of communication. ~James Nachtwey

ggt1_02
Goldmember
1,068 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 05, 2008 18:19 |  #7

That's great. We had a jack@$$ knock over a couple 55 gallon drums of the stuff on the flight deck once. It leaked through to the mess deck and made a huge mess of the ship.

Mike

Photographic Goodies
My SmugMug (external link).

ZeroOne86
THREAD ­ STARTER
580 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 06, 2008 01:22 |  #8

ggt1_02 wrote in post #5055926 (external link)
That's great. We had a jack@$$ knock over a couple 55 gallon drums of the stuff on the flight deck once. It leaked through to the mess deck and made a huge mess of the ship.

Lol yeah it was crazy because we had strong gust of winds as it was. So with all that foam it was blowing everywhere. I'm sure it must have been pretty messy on a carrier. It was a hell of a lot since it was a whole hangers worth. I guess word on the street is that someone pulled it. Hope that isn't true, but we'll see. It also was bad to because it was so much it made it across the street and covered my car. Still have some residue left on my car.

mrbplus
120 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 06, 2008 01:59 |  #9

A similar thing happened at a military base in Sydney Australia last week. Wind blew the foam all over a local neighbourhood. It was all fun and games until people found out that the the chemicals are actually pretty toxic and the manufacture has stopped making the stuff. Needless to say that the military received some bad press for not warning parents to stop their kids from playing in it.

7D with BG-E7, 50D with BGE2N, Canon 70-200 2.8L IS, Canon 17-55 2.8 IS, Canon 10-22 3.5-4, 580 EX II X 2 and some strobist stuff.

When in doubt, Ctrl+Shift+L.

ZeroOne86
THREAD ­ STARTER
580 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 06, 2008 02:38 |  #10

mrbplus wrote in post #5058270 (external link)
A similar thing happened at a military base in Sydney Australia last week. Wind blew the foam all over a local neighbourhood. It was all fun and games until people found out that the the chemicals are actually pretty toxic and the manufacture has stopped making the stuff. Needless to say that the military received some bad press for not warning parents to stop their kids from playing in it.

Lol yep it's all fun and games till you run into it and it sucks all the available oxygen from the air around you. I for one wouldn't want to play in it.

blindz24
470 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Mar 16, 2008 14:54 |  #11

Wow so thats what that stuff looks like lol I hope that stuff never goes off when i'm at work! yikes lol

Canon 60D w/ EF-S 18-200mm Kit Lens | Canon 50mm f1.8| Canon EF-S 10-22mm | And a hand full of Filters :D

ZeroOne86
THREAD ­ STARTER
580 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 17, 2008 11:36 |  #12

blindz24 wrote in post #5127622 (external link)
Wow so thats what that stuff looks like lol I hope that stuff never goes off when i'm at work! yikes lol

Lol where do you work or what do you do for a living? I'm guessing the aviation industry or some other that needs some crazy amount of foam in case of a fire.

sponsored links

1,905 views & 0 likes for this thread
Fire supression went off
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Urban Life & Travel 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.