POTN G-series Speed Challenge 161 - A Warm, Sunny Day
There were many and varied fine entries this week, so thanks to all! When judging, I looked for a photo that, when anyone looked at it, they might say "What a beautiful warm sunny day!" (because that was the subject) rather than "That's a great photo of......(fill in the blank)" - there were quite a few of those. So...here we are:
FIRST: Hotfudge - "Sunny Rideout". I could just imagine the rider, seeing this tranquil scene, deciding to take a break, pulling over, and thinking "What a great, warm sunny day". Maybe the only sounds were the birds and occasional ticking as the bike cooled....Congratulations, and over to you for the next challenge!
SECOND: Maureen Souza - "Spring Burst". The exposure is often not easy when shooting cherry blossoms against the sky, but you've got this just right. The shot immediately reminded me of what the first really warm, sunny day of Spring will bring here soon - I hope.
THIRD: KC Jewel - "Time To Fly A Kite". No question this is a warm (in fact it looks almost too hot) sunny day.
There were other really good entries that didn't quite make the running for one reason or the other, but I don't like nit-picking other people efforts so I'm not going to critique them here. There were also two that didn't meet the rules: jhoesly (wrong size) and kawwauser (taken with an S2, so it's in the wrong forum) - sorry guys, but the rules can't be simpler or clearer.
I expect you all have many photos that would fit this wide open subject, but I'll be looking for images that evoke a strong feeling of the best of the warm, relaxed, lazy days of summer (or at least spring) that we're all looking forward to (in the Northern Hemisphere, anyway). Images of strenuous activity are discouraged!
Note the rule is now 800 pixels EXACTLY on the longest side - and PLEASE put a title in the subject line at the top.
To submit, click "Post Reply" and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, March 10, 2008.
1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera (G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7, G9) or Pro 1 only.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be EXACTLY 800 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
* One photo per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Title in the message subject line.
* Camera model.
* EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
- Winners Announcement ... by Tuesday noon GMT.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.